Ao Nang, is the soi by MacD's still open?

wellred

RCA? Across the road from McDonalds? Still there as of last month.

McDonalds?

A McDonalds in Ao Nang??? Ao Nang beach off Krabi town? Is that really true? I won't believe this unless somebody sends me a picture of it. I went with my then fiancée to get married in Penang back in 1991 and on the way back we stopped in Ao Nang for a few days of honeymoon. There was nothing there, except a few guesthouses. That's not long ago.

Can someone lighten me up, please??

Edited by Dario

McDonalds?

A McDonalds in Ao Nang??? Ao Nang beach off Krabi town? Is that really true? I won't believe this unless somebody sends me a picture of it. I went with my then fiancée to get married in Penang back in 1991 and on the way back we stopped in Ao Nang for a few days of honeymoon. There was nothing there, except a few guesthouses. That's not long ago.

I meant to write: can someone enlighten me, please. The edit button was gone when I saw this mistake.

I was bummed to see old boy Leung, who used to have beers and cocktails and a couple plastic chairs on the sidewalk has been given the boot. Used to be a good place to sip a soda and watch people go by.

Also, Bernies all you can eat barbecue and salads, gone. Used to be good value when completely ravenous.

But yes, RCA still there.

Edited by grumpyoldman
  • Like 1

McDonalds?

Everywhere has changed since 1991 my friend.

The "oh bummer, it's not the same as it was when I was there" crowd should stay home.

McDonalds?

You should be lucky, if there is no McDonald's where you live! :-)

But if you expect the same as in 1991, I guess you were hibernated, hahaha. :-D

• 1 month later...

McDonalds?

Everywhere has changed since 1991 my friend.

The "oh bummer, it's not the same as it was when I was there" crowd should stay home.

Unless they like the desert, in which case they will pleased to know that pretty much has not changed haha

Oh dear, a dreaded McDonalds in Ao Nang and some farangs don't like it. What a shame! This is Thailand and Thais love McDonalds so if you don't like it then go somewhere where you may be happy.

And yes Ao Nang has changed somewhat since 1991. Sheesh!!

• Like 1