Anyone fancy having a go at some mathematic's questions?

You haven't made a mistake with procedure ....just rounding off as you went along. As a result your answer if 25.58% when correct is 25.00% rounded to two decimal places.

As side joke I currently have all this aud I'm waiting to exchange into baht. Big difference between 28.58and 27.99 when your doing 20000 aud. 0.59 baht X 20000 is a lot of beers.

Normally I don't round off that much but seeing as this was all small change and stuff i did. Should only have rounded on the last answer.

As previously stated you should never round any value if it is to be used further in the calculation - this could yield completely different answers.

By the way the question doesn't even state the answer needs to be rounded to any significant figures, but if it was 24.9 then I would put 24.9 (25 to 2 s.f.)

• Like 1

Wrong ....while no parameters are specified ..you need to examine the practical nature of the question.....also the answer is 24.999 can't quite recall that is 25%

No, the rounding is correct; you don't carry out any rounding if further calculations are to be made.

You've lost me on the last part I'm afraid.

p.s Your netiquette is quite poor and general attitude throughout the thread.

Edited by liamstevens111

Wrong ....while no parameters are specified ..you need to examine the practical nature of the question.....also the answer is 24.999 can't quite recall that is 25%

Maybe the question is testing common sense as well. Though one should demonstrate that he answer is rounded for practicality as well.

Liam perhaps I'm being negative because your throwing in a nonesense after the op question was answered.

The answer without any rounding while doing this basic arithmetic question was 24.99999.....

You state "if it was 24.9 , I would put 24.9"

Fact is read the posts instead of tacking something lame at end.

The way to present this answer given its nature is 25%

Liam perhaps I'm being negative because your throwing in a nonesense after the op question was answered.

The answer without any rounding while doing this basic arithmetic question was 24.99999.....

You state "if it was 24.9 , I would put 24.9"

Fact is read the posts instead of tacking something lame at end.

The way to present this answer given its nature is 25%

Without rounding the answer is 25%. The 0.00001% difference or whatever you found comes from your calculator rounding it. Just look at the question; You buy 4 halves and pay only 3 halves. That is exactly 25% discount. No need to look at or calculate with prices for this question.