BANGKOK 18 August 2019 07:33
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Fairfield

Farang husbands providing massive boost to Isaan economy

Considering the amount I've spent in 10 years, ( to embarrassed to say how much ). I believe I have supported 23,400 Thais, none of which I created .

• Like 2

Very interesting.

These figures are huge!

I wonder what Isaan would be like without all this funding from Farangs?

Redder than it is.

Did they include the increase in gambling revenue from illegal lotteries etc. Increased income for solicitors trying to settle the Thai rips off of farangs. Not to mention benefits to the banking sector from Thais banking money from stupid farangs who

send huge sums each months, to their darlings who are only waiting for them to return x3 at least!!!!

Lets hope the government and immigration take notice and ease the visa requirements!!!

Yeah, Yeah. In your dreams. When does hell freeze over?

Very interesting.

These figures are huge!

I wonder what Isaan would be like without all this funding from Farangs?

YOU could wounder how empty Bangla Road , and Pattaya would be ,if all Isan girls went home...)))

Don't forget the older women (outnumber girls in bars), gays, and ladyboys.

The latest numbers I see show the Thai GDP as - THB11.375 trillion (USD366 billion)(2012). If you attribute 10% of that to coming from Isaan that means the whole contribution from the region is about 1.14 trillion.

9 billion from foreigners would represent about 0.79 % of that total.

To put it another way, Isaan has a population of approx 22 million. 9 billion would equal about 410 baht per person (per year). Not exactly earth-shattering.

Unless you can state how much of the GDP goes directly to Isaan people and how this is distributed, you are talking manuture, How can you argue GDP figures against money that is put directly into the Isaan economy by farangs which is what the topic is about ?

Is the 9,600b sent each month the amount the husband knows about or is she actually sending 20k/month?

Thank God ...... finally recognized. After 32 years in the Buriram panhandle I would hate to think what sum of money I have poured into the local economy since 1982. It cost me a nice house (the "Falang House"), and 50,000 baht a month. But that is putting several kids through school and Uni over the years, including nieces and nephews. And a Sala at the local Wat. I get along well with the family and all the neighbors. But mind you guys, your time in the sun will be short, it wont take long before those in power will start pissing on us again. Trying to extract as much baht from us as they can, partly to pacify their jealousy pangs. That leads us to ask, why do Thai ladies like to marry falang, but all us falang guys with Thai wives know the answer to that, don't we ? So I wont bring it up here. tongue.png

It's doesn't matter. We are still treated no better than the average criminal-parolee who dutifully reports his/her address to the government so they can be found quickly if a crime happens in their areas.

It's doesn't matter. We are still treated no better than the average criminal-parolee who dutifully reports his/her address to the government so they can be found quickly if a crime happens in their areas.

We report where we have been not where where we are.

If it wasnt for the farangs,i reckon there would be no-one in issan,they would all be begging on the streets of bangkok

Yeah, right. Without the superior yet ever suffering martyred farang, the natives would still be living in caves. Oh, dear St. Farang do get off the cross, the natives need the firewood to cook and keep warm.

Oh dear, your Thainess is showing... 9 billion baht a year buys a lot of firewood, no?