Has anyone changed a tourist visa to NonB at Chaeng Wattana recently?

I am thinking of changing positions so I will cancel my NonB/Work Permit at my current school, travel out of the country for vacation, and enter again on a tourist visa. Then, apply for a new NonB with the help of the school with my tourist visa.

I would rather not travel to Laos.

Thanks in advance!

It is possible as long as you have at least 16 days left on your tourist visa. I recommend coming back with a double entry. This will give the school more time to do the paperwork.

Edited by Puyai
  • Like 1

Be warned - they are extremely tough, JMHO. From my own experience and with knowledge of colleagues who like me wasted time and money coming to Bangkok and all having to return empty handed. YMMV, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

It seems to be an attitude problem - and schools tend to forget the odd signature or whatever.

You will need to have at least 15 days left and all paperwork must be in order. You will probably have to apply in Bangkok and come back after 2 weeks to get the actual conversion.

It is easer to apply for a non-B visa while abroad giving you more time to collect the paperwork.

I thought it was now possible to change schools without leaving the country. Domt know how you do it but I am pretty sure I read you can do it in Thailand. Probably by getting your work permit changed over and then using that to change the extension at immigration.

I thought it was now possible to change schools without leaving the country. Domt know how you do it but I am pretty sure I read you can do it in Thailand. Probably by getting your work permit changed over and then using that to change the extension at immigration.

Yes, it has been made easier and no need to leave the country.

But OP seems to want to take a short holiday.

• 4 years later...
On 10/30/2014 at 8:32 AM, Mario2008 said:

Yes, it has been made easier and no need to leave the country.

But OP seems to want to take a short holiday.

Theoretically it is possible, but in reality my new school could not get all the docs ready by the time the WP had to be cancelled. And in order for it to work all need to be prepared so immigration can issue the new 1yr extension of stay.