Phuket: Tiger mauls Australian tourist at Tiger Kingdom

webfact

And more accidents could be expected....as there are many more tiger kingdom's in Thailand were Tigers are mistreated....Koh Samui, Chiang Mai,...kanchanaburi....

I say Mistreated !!!!, because tigers should not be in zoo's. they need a lot more space than zoo's can provide....

These zoo's are not interested in the well being of the Tigers, despite what they pretend...

There only interest is in to the money it generates by letting people been photographed with them.....and once in a while they sell one to rich Chinese.....

I have no prove of that, but just wait a while....it will eventually come out.....I just know..

+100 coffee1.gif

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the guy recovers without any permanent injuries.

Why are the hospitals being so hush hush about this? It's not as if they respect their patients privacy when it has been news worthy in the past.

Probably don't have the photos of the passport or the address info with map to the house ready for publication.

Why are the hospitals being so hush hush about this? It's not as if they respect their patients privacy when it has been news worthy in the past.

No BUT, it's not good for tourism! "well is it now"?

Edited by johnlandy

Love the people jumping on their high horses passing off their dumb opinions like they know it all, when what they're really doing it revealing they know nothing.

Sorry tiger whisperer. Why don't you tell us the inner thoughts of this wild jungle beast?

Sent from my LG-D858

• Like 1

I agree 100% the hospital dont give any further information, especially not the name and any more about the patiant. I would go on court it they would feed the newspapers or TV with detailed information if I would be the patiant: the type of coverage in Thai media constantly violates the private sphere and is touching human rights!!!!!!!!!!

nonsense - it just gives them time to "get their story straight"

anyone from the press turns up at the hospital, they should have a statement prepared and the zoo, should issue a statement only if it says they are waiting for an inquiry.

has the zoo closed ??

Sorry for the guy, but they're wild animals regardless of what people say about raised in captivity etc. I love those creatures but I would never go near one ever.

Add this one to the many similar incidents that occur around the world all to regularly.

It is a bit sad for the tiger I think. People are everywhere and tigers can't be allowed to roam free. If they do, people will most likely end up as a food source for these large animals.

What is the solution? Do we have them stay on large tracks of land protected from interacting with people? Eventually, they will get out.....maybe. If they reproduce in significant numbers, then people might have to exterminate the potential threat.

Tigers are a victim of their own awesomeness. Maybe there is no room anymore for them on the planet. Maybe they should end up like the dinosaur. Can you imagine a T-Rex running around eating.....everything? Environmentalist hot on their trail screaming there are only 6 left and we need to save them!!!

Really? Is that true? Do we really miss the contribution of the T-Rex eating whatever they want? Would we equally miss the tiger in this part of the world? Other than for tourist, what benefit do they bring? They don't really have a dependable food source. At Tiger Kingdom they have a steady supply of chickens for the big game hunters. Not much of a challenge...not much of a life.

About the only thing you can do with an animal like this is to move them to some other part of the world where they can thrive. Thailand is not that place.

Damned hard nosed comments. Another critic without giving an acceptable/viable alternative?

I wish him a speedy recovery.

DNA tests will show that this is an Asian tiger, probably of Burmese origin. RTP claim that the tiger made a confession. The tiger interpreter provided a certified translation that read "burp". The tiger now has spectacularly withdrawn her confession, saying she was beaten into the confession while a plastic bag was placed over her head.

That's a real mature remark. A person is suffering in the hospital and you have to make a mockery of the situation. Sometimes I'm ashamed of being a foreigner in Thailand. Show some compassion and leave other news in its' own thread.

Unless of course the Australian that was mauled was Rupert Murdoch, if so well done tiger thumbsup.gif

in this case though best check the tiger for blood poisoningbiggrin.png

Get the drift but a sad comment. Murdoch? A tiger is as a tiger does. Murdoch is much worse.

Same again, don't want to affect tourism. xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p

Unless of course the Australian that was mauled was Rupert Murdoch, if so well done tiger thumbsup.gif

in this case though best check the tiger for blood poisoningbiggrin.png

I think Murdoch is an American citizen? Guess you don't like yanks?