Phuket: Tiger mauls Australian tourist at Tiger Kingdom

webfact

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a friendly advice for next time... visit a thaigirl instead... Hopefully no need to end up in hospital w00t.gif

Anyway its mind boggling what so many people like about visiting all these drugged tigers on chains and on the phuket news fb page there is countless tagging going on by ex-tourists who so glad they didn't got attacked when they was here assuming its quite popular thing to do...

Personally in general I would only keep the Zoo-s for corrupt politicans, convicts and pedophiles to parade them while they spending their life sentence... chokdee wai2.gif

The website is down due to them reaching their bandwidth allocation. I would suggest that a lot of global journos were getting their copy together and they either exceeded a very limited bandwidth or the hosting company was requested to down the site as politically as possible by reducing the bandwidth allocation to below their present position.

if you go to see animal attractions and accept what they rare doing uncritically - then you are more than a fool - you re a positive DANGER to wildlife, conservation and the environment

I have been fortunate to visit Australia Zoo in Queensland, Australia. You should visit sometime.

Your "fool" comment is totally out of context!

how is it "out of context"?

PS - Used to live in Brisbane, been there done that....you seem to be doing exactly what I was criticising..."and accept what they are doing uncritically"

and AZ isn't a blameless institution either - has had a lot of criticism in it's time from various scientists, conservationists.........that's what criticism is all about.

here is a list of "incidents" from wiki

n March 2008, the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital was accused of animal 'cruelty'[37] and of breaking Australian law 13 times[38] by not releasing rehabilitated koalas within their prescribed habitats. The Environment Protection Association said that they are now monitoring and investigating why the Koalas were not released correctly. Hospital officials have defended their actions on the grounds that injured koalas found near busy roads or in urban developments cannot safely be released to the same areas.

In January 2009, a senior keeper was attacked by a male Bengal Tiger.[citation needed] The keeper suffered a deep bite wound to his left calf muscle tearing part of it, requiring 18 stitches. Australia Zoo no longer keeps that particular animal, which now resides at Cairns Wildlife Safari Reserve in Cairns.

A second incident on 8 March 2009, involving a Sumatran Tiger called 'Juma', also saw a keeper taken to hospital.[39] This incident was minor and the keeper only required two stitches to a gash in their arm. Juma was hand raised at the zoo and Zoo Director Wes Mannion said "the scratch was part of a rougher than usual playtime, not an attack."[39]

On 26 November 2013, a trainer was bitten during a play session, again by a tiger. The 30-year-old man had nine years animal handling experience at the zoo. He received bite injuries to the neck and shoulder, and was flown to Royal Brisbane Hospital. His condition was initially stated to be "serious but stable." He recovered well.[40]

On 29 July 2014, a trainer was attacked yet again by the normally "affectionate cat" named 'Juma'. [41]

Big deal - wild animal attacks keeper/s. Goes with the territory! Happens to people in the wild as well. Wishing a speedy recovery to those attacked.

As for 'nanny state law' regarding the release of injured koalas back into the habitat - maybe AZ has it right?

And the Irwins have spent much money on buying conservation areas, which is more than most do. "Entertaining" people allows them to do this - where's the problem? Only in some people minds I would suggest.

"Industrial-Scale Tiger Farms: Feeding Chinas Thirst for Luxury Tiger Products"

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2014/10/21/industrial-scale-tiger-farms-feeding-chinas-thirst-for-luxury-tiger-products/

Thailand is second only to China in the farming of tigers and Tiger Kingdom is part of this dreadful practice. Hard luck for the victim and I hope he has a speedy recovery but I'm very glad this happened as, judging by the comments on Tripadvisor already, this will hit them hard and maybe lead to them closing down.

• Like 1

I wish him a speedy recovery.

DNA tests will show that this is an Asian tiger, probably of Burmese origin. RTP claim that the tiger made a confession. The tiger interpreter provided a certified translation that read "burp". The tiger now has spectacularly withdrawn her confession, saying she was beaten into the confession while a plastic bag was placed over her head.

Now that's funny!! Thanks for the chuckles!!! cheesy.gifthumbsup.gifwai.gif

It is a bit sad for the tiger I think. People are everywhere and tigers can't be allowed to roam free. If they do, people will most likely end up as a food source for these large animals.

What is the solution? Do we have them stay on large tracks of land protected from interacting with people? Eventually, they will get out.....maybe. If they reproduce in significant numbers, then people might have to exterminate the potential threat.

Tigers are a victim of their own awesomeness. Maybe there is no room anymore for them on the planet. Maybe they should end up like the dinosaur. Can you imagine a T-Rex running around eating.....everything? Environmentalist hot on their trail screaming there are only 6 left and we need to save them!!!

Really? Is that true? Do we really miss the contribution of the T-Rex eating whatever they want? Would we equally miss the tiger in this part of the world? Other than for tourist, what benefit do they bring? They don't really have a dependable food source. At Tiger Kingdom they have a steady supply of chickens for the big game hunters. Not much of a challenge...not much of a life.

About the only thing you can do with an animal like this is to move them to some other part of the world where they can thrive. Thailand is not that place.

Damned hard nosed comments. Another critic without giving an acceptable/viable alternative?

The plight of the Tiger is not my job. I'm neither concerned nor care for the beast. Like the dinosaurs, their time in Thailand has come and gone. Send them to Africa, keep them as a tourist attraction or dispose of them. Either way, people should not complain when someone gets eaten from time to time.

It's only a matter of time before the same thing happens to the YouTube wonder boy that plays with lions.

If you are "neither concerned nor care for the beast", then why comment at all!

Did you say "keep them as a tourist attraction"? Is that not what Tiger Kingdom is?

My apoliges, I keep forgetting not everyone on ThaiVisa is a native English speaker and I should be more clear with how I state my ideas. Let me rephrase it.

There basically 3 things to do with Thailand's tigers. (1) Send them to Africa where they can roam in areas designed for animals like this. Thailand really doesn't have an area where large groups of tigers can roam freely like they do in Africa.(2) Keep them as a tourist attraction which seems to be what Thailand is choosing to do. (3) Kill all existing tigers in Thailand because Tigers and people don't mix well.

I hope that clears up any confusion about my opinion.

My apoliges, I keep forgetting not everyone on ThaiVisa is a native English speaker and I should be more clear with how I state my ideas. Let me rephrase it.

There basically 3 things to do with Thailand's tigers. (1) Send them to Africa where they can roam in areas designed for animals like this. Thailand really doesn't have an area where large groups of tigers can roam freely like they do in Africa.(2) Keep them as a tourist attraction which seems to be what Thailand is choosing to do. (3) Kill all existing tigers in Thailand because Tigers and people don't mix well.

Here endeth the "lesson" - we can agree to disagree thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

"There basically 3 things to do with Thailand's tigers. (1) Send them to Africa where they can roam in areas designed for animals like this. Thailand really doesn't have an area where large groups of tigers can roam freely like they do in Africa.(2) Keep them as a tourist attraction which seems to be what Thailand is choosing to do. (3) Kill all existing tigers in Thailand because Tigers and people don't mix well".

I hate to break it to you but tigers are not native to Africa.

Edited by phuketandsee
  • Like 1

Damned hard nosed comments. Another critic without giving an acceptable/viable alternative?

The plight of the Tiger is not my job. I'm neither concerned nor care for the beast. Like the dinosaurs, their time in Thailand has come and gone. Send them to Africa, keep them as a tourist attraction or dispose of them. Either way, people should not complain when someone gets eaten from time to time.

It's only a matter of time before the same thing happens to the YouTube wonder boy that plays with lions.

If you are "neither concerned nor care for the beast", then why comment at all!

Did you say "keep them as a tourist attraction"? Is that not what Tiger Kingdom is?

The ideas expressed in the quoted post above make it probably the most facile post on the thread so far...there appear to be some massive misunderstandings of conservation it’s aims and how it affects us......

Firstly there are no areas in Africa "designed" for "animals like this". Why does the poster think that the continent of Africa would have more space than Asia - tigers have never lived in Africa the ecosystems are unsuitable.

You also seem unaware that there are several subspecies of tiger that inhabit a wide variety of habitats...all in Asia. Which subspecies would the preserve?

Also you seem to be unaware that it is currently estimated that there is enough suitable habitat in Thailand saline for up to 2000 tigers ...this is without using human occupied land. Why would you want to establish and Asian-style eco-system with flora and fauna to suit in Africa?

Keeping tigers as a tourist attraction? Well this again shows that the poster seems to have no concept of why we actually need and benefit from a genuine and sustainable population of wild tigers and why keeping animals as exhibits is not only not an alternative for animals in the wild but can actually worsen the situation. Being apex predators of the region, tigers are a vital indicator, and indeed part, of the health of our environment. Why do we need a healthy environment? Because this is how we get such things as clean water for both domestic and industrial use, we get trees that supply oxygen and absorb CO2. The habitat serves to regulate climate and such things as flooding and drought. Tigers are a vital part of these systems controlling habitat and regulating other species that would otherwise destroy vegetation etc....they maintain the balance. If you want to know more about how apex predators have a direct and profound effect on our environment then I suggest you read up on the concept of trophic cascade. This concept is not restricted to tigers alone but all apex predators.

I think even the most obtuse observer can see that a caged tiger has absolutely no value in this respect. In fact they can actually do harm as they tend to engender the kind of complacency exhibited by the post quoted above.

The third concept I would consider is suggested partly in jest or as a troll or out of ignorance of how tigers and humans interact. As I've said earlier it is well established that we need working environments and bio-systems to ensure our own existence...so the deliberate extermination of tigers would be to our own disadvantage. However the only thing I would agree with in the above post is the notion that "tigers and people don't mix well".

This has been shown to be true not only in the wild but also where these animals have been unfortunate enough to be kept in captivity. .....

There area many reasons why the population of tigers in the S. E. Asian region is under threat...the kind of ignorance expressed in the above post is one factor; encroachment is another.....however one of the main threats in Thailand to the tiger population is not as common perception would have it, lack of habitat, it is the invasion of Tiger habitat by poachers...those determined to kill tigers for the cash that their carcasses can fetch. The populations are so small that this can have a devastating effect on these delicately balanced populations.

So rather than kill all the tigers, it might be a good idea to stop the poachers. This is being done to some extent but largely due to lack of funds it is only marginally effective.

What is needed is for the authorities to dispel the disconnect (such as displayed above) with the concept of conservation and it being to our own personal benefit...then perhaps more progress can be made.

In the meantime we will have to read ill-informed post like the one I’ve quoted.

Edited by wilcopops

Wilcopops, I highly doubt that my opinion or your rant on ThaiVisa will have any effect on the tiger conservation efforts in Thailand. Policy is made in Bangkok by Thai people who could give a rats ass what posters on ThaiVisa may think about the current policy. So if you really feel the need save the tiger, start in Bangkok and not ThaiVisa. ThaiVisa posters will just piss you off and aggravate your anger management issues as they do mine.

I like your information about having enough land for 2,000 tigers. I did not know that and think it would be a good idea. Although, I'm not convinced about parts of your second and third point. I really don't believe tigers have that much of an impact on the environment in Thailand other than being a threat to people. I think people, not tigers, have the biggest impact and the people's impact on the environment is why, I believe, if tigers were not in Thailand, nothing would change.

Wilcopops, I highly doubt that my opinion or your rant on ThaiVisa will have any effect on the tiger conservation efforts in Thailand. Policy is made in Bangkok by Thai people who could give a rats ass what posters on ThaiVisa may think about the current policy. So if you really feel the need save the tiger, start in Bangkok and not ThaiVisa. ThaiVisa posters will just piss you off and aggravate your anger management issues as they do mine.

I like your information about having enough land for 2,000 tigers. I did not know that and think it would be a good idea. Although, I'm not convinced about parts of your second and third point. I really don't believe tigers have that much of an impact on the environment in Thailand other than being a threat to people. I think people, not tigers, have the biggest impact and the people's impact on the environment is why, I believe, if tigers were not in Thailand, nothing would change.

firstly Tiger conservation doesn't start in Bangkok - the conservation of wildlife is and international affair. You may also bw surprised to learn that Tigers are completely unaware of what country of governmental system they are in.

If you want to understand the impact tigers have on the environment then follow up my comment of trophic cascade, it will show you how it works; you arguing from a standpoint that has no basis in fact 9...and what made you think tigers lived in Africa?????)....... at present Thailand already has problems that arise from a lack of apex predators and if efforts succeed to increase the population to sustainable levels then even you I suspect would notice changes.

Your ideas on the interaction between people and tigers are naive to say the least -

as for being a threat to people - the only tigers that pose a significant threat to people are the ones in captivity.

Edited by wilcopops

if you go to see animal attractions and accept what they rare doing uncritically - then you are more than a fool - you re a positive DANGER to wildlife, conservation and the environment

I have been fortunate to visit Australia Zoo in Queensland, Australia. You should visit sometime.

Your "fool" comment is totally out of context!

how is it "out of context"?

PS - Used to live in Brisbane, been there done that....you seem to be doing exactly what I was criticising..."and accept what they are doing uncritically"

and AZ isn't a blameless institution either - has had a lot of criticism in it's time from various scientists, conservationists.........that's what criticism is all about.

here is a list of "incidents" from wiki

n March 2008, the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital was accused of animal 'cruelty'[37] and of breaking Australian law 13 times[38] by not releasing rehabilitated koalas within their prescribed habitats. The Environment Protection Association said that they are now monitoring and investigating why the Koalas were not released correctly. Hospital officials have defended their actions on the grounds that injured koalas found near busy roads or in urban developments cannot safely be released to the same areas.

In January 2009, a senior keeper was attacked by a male Bengal Tiger.[citation needed] The keeper suffered a deep bite wound to his left calf muscle tearing part of it, requiring 18 stitches. Australia Zoo no longer keeps that particular animal, which now resides at Cairns Wildlife Safari Reserve in Cairns.

A second incident on 8 March 2009, involving a Sumatran Tiger called 'Juma', also saw a keeper taken to hospital.[39] This incident was minor and the keeper only required two stitches to a gash in their arm. Juma was hand raised at the zoo and Zoo Director Wes Mannion said "the scratch was part of a rougher than usual playtime, not an attack."[39]

On 26 November 2013, a trainer was bitten during a play session, again by a tiger. The 30-year-old man had nine years animal handling experience at the zoo. He received bite injuries to the neck and shoulder, and was flown to Royal Brisbane Hospital. His condition was initially stated to be "serious but stable." He recovered well.[40]

On 29 July 2014, a trainer was attacked yet again by the normally "affectionate cat" named 'Juma'. [41]

Big deal - wild animal attacks keeper/s. Goes with the territory! Happens to people in the wild as well. Wishing a speedy recovery to those attacked.

As for 'nanny state law' regarding the release of injured koalas back into the habitat - maybe AZ has it right?

And the Irwins have spent much money on buying conservation areas, which is more than most do. "Entertaining" people allows them to do this - where's the problem? Only in some people minds I would suggest.

It’s pretty clear from this poster’s first post that he hasn’t really got much of an idea about what the conservation of flora and fauna in entails. ....and the second post only confirms that.

It also looks as if when his inconsistencies, unfounded and ill-conceived comments where pointed out the poster felt indignant enough to comment further and dig a deeper hole for himself.

Without the facts or reasoning to form a coherent argument, the quoted poster seems to have resorted to cobbling together a few jaded and meaningless clichés in the hope that they might cover the loss of face and come over as an argument - this couldn’t be further from the truth.....the lack of knowledge and indignation are there for all to see.

The poster seems to be one of those people who bereft of any real understanding of a topic turns to cliché and hackneyed phraseology, trying to hide a lack of knowledge on any subject, he instead fulminates against such banal sound bites of the uneducated right as “nanny state” or “the PC brigade” - of which he in turn has little understanding either. Reduced to expletives, whatever significance they may have had is now totally lost in time and on him as well.

Interestingly enough, I don’t believe I’ve heard the term "nanny state" used in reference to animals before....maybe he’s suggesting they should all go out and get a job?...or be set free to fend for themselves?

firstly Tiger conservation doesn't start in Bangkok - the conservation of wildlife is and international affair. You may also bw surprised to learn that Tigers are completely unaware of what country of governmental system they are in.

If you want to understand the impact tigers have on the environment then follow up my comment of trophic cascade, it will show you how it works; you arguing from a standpoint that has no basis in fact 9...and what made you think tigers lived in Africa?????)....... at present Thailand already has problems that arise from a lack of apex predators and if efforts succeed to increase the population to sustainable levels then even you I suspect would notice changes.

Your ideas on the interaction between people and tigers are naive to say the least -

as for being a threat to people - the only tigers that pose a significant threat to people are the ones in captivity.

My ideas on tigers are opinions. Tourist getting bitten by a tiger in captivity is an interesting story. It's in the same category as sky diving except the sky divers are better trained to risk their lives jumping from a plane than tourist taking photos with tigers. I really don't care about the tigers.

It is an outrage that 'zoos' in Thailand are allowed to let visitors have close access to tigers for photos. It is an outrage to put the visitors at risk. It is an outrage to hold and sedate tigers.

There are tiger farms in Thailand breeding tigers for slaughter for the Chinese market. The litany of abuse of wild animals is never ending.

Remember the Chiang Mai Night Safari where the minister announced that 'exotic meat' was to be available there at a special restaurant? The plan was to let visitors eat the animals! If you don't believe it, the details are in my book.

Correct . Sriracha Tiger zoo was busted a few years ago when they

did a mass sale of tigers to China. Supposedly hidden under the guise

of a " zoo transfer"....... :-) Regarding this incident, I suspect the

tiger was not doped properly. To deny that is absurd. To tiger, you are

not a caring wonderful tourist who has come to visit the tiger. You are

just lunch on two feet. Gee so what would stop that reflex ???

My ideas on tigers are opinions. Tourist getting bitten by a tiger in captivity is an interesting story. It's in the same category as sky diving except the sky divers are better trained to risk their lives jumping from a plane than tourist taking photos with tigers. I really don't care about the tigers.

This is an example of the point I'm trying to make - or one of them at lest......your comparison with skydiving shows how little you are aware of the environmental problems both internationally and in Thailand - a skydiver has little to do with the environment...however the issue of zoos, wildlife in captivity and the way we accept practices that are detrimental to us and the planet ae raised by this incident. Questions about why we have these animals in captivity and whether or not its a good idea how how th general public are still largely unaware of the issues.

If you don't care about tigers why bother posting on something about which you neither know nor care about?

PS - for something to be an "opinion" it needs to be based on reasoned thought and evidence - I see little evidence of that in your comments.

Edited by wilcopops

And more accidents could be expected....as there are many more tiger kingdom's in Thailand were Tigers are mistreated....Koh Samui, Chiang Mai,...kanchanaburi....

I say Mistreated !!!!, because tigers should not be in zoo's. they need a lot more space than zoo's can provide....

These zoo's are not interested in the well being of the Tigers, despite what they pretend...

There only interest is in to the money it generates by letting people been photographed with them.....and once in a while they sell one to rich Chinese.....

I have no prove of that, but just wait a while....it will eventually come out.....I just know..

I have just this minute returned from Kanchanaburi. Yesterday I had the misfortune of visiting the famous Tiger Temple. I was persauded to go by my mother. Of all the Tiger attractions in Thailand I have visited this is by far the worst. The 600 Baht entrance fee makes it a joke of a day out. The park is a dump. Whether any good, conservation wise, comes out of the enterprise is harder to judge.

My advice to anyone intending to visit is don't. The big draw for many is the opportunity to have hands on experience of a Tiger. I had always believed the tigers in these resorts were drugged: I have to admit the one young tiger I saw yesterday didn't look drugged. That leads onto this particular article and a continuation of the idea that large wild animals and humans do not mix well at close quarters. A wild animal like a Tiger, if not drugged to the eyeballs, just has to be a risk to anyone in close enough proximity to get attacked.

But really the wonderful Tiger Temple close to Kanchanaburi is truely dreadful. A Zoo/Circus rip off of the worst kind.

• Like 1

This is an example of the point I'm trying to make - or one of them at lest......your comparison with skydiving shows how little you are aware of the environmental problems both internationally and in Thailand - a skydiver has little to do with the environment...however the issue of zoos, wildlife in captivity and the way we accept practices that are detrimental to us and the planet ae raised by this incident. Questions about why we have these animals in captivity and whether or not its a good idea how how th general public are still largely unaware of the issues.

If you don't care about tigers why bother posting on something about which you neither know nor care about?

PS - for something to be an "opinion" it needs to be based on reasoned thought and evidence - I see little evidence of that in your comments.

Wilcopops, I don't care! Get a life. Stop trying to save the world on the ThaiVisa forum! No one else cares either. I post because I think it's stupid to pose with a tiger. Just like it's stupid to have a meaningless conversation with an internet-based environmentalist on ThaiVisa. If you care so much go do something about it. You're just wasting time here.

richard10365 -

"Wilcopops, I don't care! Get a life. Stop trying to save the world on the ThaiVisa forum! No one else cares either. I post because I think it's stupid to pose with a tiger. Just like it's stupid to have a meaningless conversation with an internet-based environmentalist on ThaiVisa. If you care so much go do something about it. You're just wasting time here."

.......In that case I find it hard to understand why you keep posting....I certainly won't stop because of the inane comments of a self-confessed wildlife ignoramus........

Edited by wilcopops

And more accidents could be expected....as there are many more tiger kingdom's in Thailand were Tigers are mistreated....Koh Samui, Chiang Mai,...kanchanaburi....

I say Mistreated !!!!, because tigers should not be in zoo's. they need a lot more space than zoo's can provide....

These zoo's are not interested in the well being of the Tigers, despite what they pretend...

There only interest is in to the money it generates by letting people been photographed with them.....and once in a while they sell one to rich Chinese.....

I have no prove of that, but just wait a while....it will eventually come out.....I just know..

I have just this minute returned from Kanchanaburi. Yesterday I had the misfortune of visiting the famous Tiger Temple. I was persauded to go by my mother. Of all the Tiger attractions in Thailand I have visited this is by far the worst. The 600 Baht entrance fee makes it a joke of a day out. The park is a dump. Whether any good, conservation wise, comes out of the enterprise is harder to judge.

My advice to anyone intending to visit is don't. The big draw for many is the opportunity to have hands on experience of a Tiger. I had always believed the tigers in these resorts were drugged: I have to admit the one young tiger I saw yesterday didn't look drugged. That leads onto this particular article and a continuation of the idea that large wild animals and humans do not mix well at close quarters. A wild animal like a Tiger, if not drugged to the eyeballs, just has to be a risk to anyone in close enough proximity to get attacked.

But really the wonderful Tiger Temple close to Kanchanaburi is truely dreadful. A Zoo/Circus rip off of the worst kind.

the temple makes several implications about having value to conservation....they are to me nonsense. .....

They imply that their tigers might or could be re-introduced to the wild.........there is only one place in the world currently attempting this and it has yet to be shown as successful - it's in Russian and Kazakstan - and none so far have ever been successful,These programs actually are incredibly expensive and require huge amounts of human resources - especially the army - it's hard to imagine how the amateurs at the temple could succeed where others have failed.

There is also a MAJOR obstacle to anything like this - their breeding program, could actually be HARMFUL to other tigers. The program is not planned or registered it is in fact illegal. There is no control of the genetics of the tigers involved which means there is a high risk of either in-breeding or creating hybrids between subspecies - either wait is generally accepted that these animals should in no way be released into the wild anywhere.

They are also valueless as a gene pool.....as there is no assurance as to whether or not they are hybrids or interbred. they now have over 100 animals that are totally useless to conservation. Their only use is as carcasses for TCM.

Another factor to bear in mind is that being a "Show' the tigers you see are pretty clean and healthy-looking. This again could be in serious doubt. The diet, caging and poor exercise routines of tyne place means that although the tigers may LOOK good like any mammal that leas poor diet and a sedentary life-style they are intact unfit and quite possibly have a poor fat to muscle ration.

All the other zoos in Thailand would appear to show the same kind of practices as the temple to one extent or another and all seem to fall short of any conservation value.

The Sri racha tiger zoo is run in a way that is remarkably similar to the Chinese tiger farms.

Tiger cubs are suckled by other animals, pigs dogs etc.....this practice is used on Chinese tiger farms when over breeding from one female means that she is no longer able to suckle her new young, so they are taken away and given to a "surrogate" mother. If this is a pig it is particularly useful as pigs and deer are tigers favourite diet.

• Like 1

DNA tests will show that this is an Asian tiger, probably of Burmese origin. RTP claim that the tiger made a confession. The tiger interpreter provided a certified translation that read "burp". The tiger now has spectacularly withdrawn her confession, saying she was beaten into the confession while a plastic bag was placed over her head.

The road from the Zoo will be blocked in a few days, perhaps Saturday, to ensure that no tigers involved in the attack leave. Until then ... business as usual.

Please post photos of the reenactment.

"Tanawin Boonpang, reportedly claimed that the attack was a result of the big cat’s overprotective nature. He suggested that the tiger was trying to defend a staffer whom Mr Goudie had reached out to when trying to stand up."

This sounds like a big dose of anthropomorphism to me........... which would also indicate that those running the place have no idea of what they are doing.

Sadly a bit of effort was probably put into that post.

Good grief. From what I can see you know absolutely nothing. Your babbling is less than speculation. It is pure personal whim. You have not even bothered to verify things that could be easily done with a brief internet search. Lame and lazy with a dumb an unsubstantiated sanctimonious twist to boot!!!

Time to readjust the doping schedule.

He got within biting distance of a tiger!... sounds like a bit of a dope already to me.

Naw. A dope is someone that uses a cheap bit of semantics to mischaracterize and they think that they have actually made a significant statement