Foreigners on buffaloes plow the way to restoring Thailand's public image

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure I'm going to go to Thailand for Buffalo riding!! is this some sort of joke, It's funny how Thai's perceive us foreigners and are needscheesy.gif ...what us foreigners want is a safe and fair environment so we can spend are money and don't forget that SMILE that we used to be greeted with 25 years ago wai.gif

Isn't this called flogging a dead horse.

Crackdown on the hand that feeds them

then act like everything is hunky dory.

The Thai guy is thinking..

"I wonder if this farang knows how stupid he looks"

"How much should I charge him?"

"Why they taking photo, they never see buffalo before?"

nah dop

• Like 1

Let's put some stoner falang on a Buffalo and lead him around. wai2.gifwai.gifblink.png

Thus, projecting an illusion of “Foreigner Friendship”.

“The idea for the festival originated in Bangkok tourism business circles”

“Only about 75 people attended the event, far short of the targeted 300.”

“The festival’s cost is estimated at around 200,000 baht”

Right. Another brilliant plan. clap2.gif

Clueless.

Perhaps, painting the Buffalo with Camouflage would have helped...

Although I just picked a single one quote I could have done with the most of quotes. Could you please tell me why you are so sarcastic? Why do not you guys try to appreciate sometimes what they do? I guess those farangs could jump on the buffaloes for free. Sure, you can have an elephant trip cheap, but it is not about it. Looking at the picture, both guys seem to enjoy the ride along with the guide. Additionally, the guide has a great charisma. Oh, yes, costs? Everything costs some coins today. If you take a cab, if you ride your motorcycle. Or do you only see "the gasoline costs" once you ride your bike or drive your car? What about the engines the spare parts? Will all those come for free?

Once again, try to appreciate things like this festival. Maybe it can bring people together, maybe it can also create a wonderful athmosphere. Maybe it helps to turn down prejudice against foreigners in some heads. Who knows? All these effects are long-term.

Anyway, I see it here (Seoul) that these events are extremely useful and yes, if there is a chance I try to contribute to it.

Well for starters, perhaps if they actually promoted the event people would have gone.

In Thailand cost is directly calculated on race, this is illegal in many countries around the world.

If this was the first event being 100% would have been a major boost and a goodwill gesture.

You do know many people (not Thai's) think there is more to live than $$...

30 people showed up and it cost 200,000 baht? Why wasn't it advertised more widely? I worry that the buffalos will be treated like the elephants and tigers on exhibit. Shameful...just to attract tourist.

Well I knew about it weeks ago. It was advertised many places.

I doubt the guys on buffaloes are the kind that the organizers wanted. They are no doubt English teachers there for the free beer.

Local businessmen, organised this and why? There were businesses like Ram hospital and hotels getting free exposure to rich foreigners(and English teachers, well mostly)

I notice the even buffaloes are more special if they are pale skinned. I wonder how often they need medical attention.

Please, don't go giving Nivea any bright ideas, "New Buffalo Whitening Cream"

That'll sell.

I do like ride on the Buffalos but last time one fart and gets me right up on my head and felt dizzy and i fall on the ground so bad

• Like 1

Now get that buffalo in front of a buffalo cart with shade and an icebox and this might succeed. In three years I have only ever seen one cart being used (Lampang district). The Thais have destroyed nearly all the beautiful carts to make benches and fences... they just don't know what they are losing.

Love the kwai pueak, they are so mellow, actually looks like it may have been a fun event but this being TVF we must find fault, carry on....

yes Mr big star

They will find fault with whatever effort is raised, it is thaivisa farang speciality.

Actually i think the story will dissapoint many as from headline they will probably assume the story is about a farang farming, so they will break their b×lls getting on the forum so can point out the farang must have work permit

Let's put some stoner falang on a Buffalo and lead him around. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20> alt=blink.png>

Thus, projecting an illusion of “Foreigner Friendship”.

“The idea for the festival originated in Bangkok tourism business circles”

“Only about 75 people attended the event, far short of the targeted 300.”

“The festival’s cost is estimated at around 200,000 baht”

Right. Another brilliant plan. alt=clap2.gif>

Clueless.

Perhaps, painting the Buffalo with Camouflage would have helped...

There is so little to do up here I would have probably attended... had I known about it.

How did they advertise it? If you want people to attend they have to be aware of it's existence.