Foreigners on buffaloes plow the way to restoring Thailand's public image

webfact

I am sure the publicity photos showing a muscular falang riding a docile Thai buffalo was not intended to symbolise anything. But it just might - and not one he organisers of this publcity stunt would have intended.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here we go again

All the TV members who can't get their fat ar5e5 of a bar stool knocking Khon Kaen

I've lived in Khon Kaen for 8 or 9 years and find it extremely "farang friendly".

Many free festivals and concerts

Locals who treat me as an honourary local

Single pricing Thai and Farang.

So all you arrogant knockers .... widen your horizons and see the real world, don't live in a 'ho' ridden bar until you die of STD's

It appears you have succumbed to Falangness.

See the official festival video in post 44.

In there, you can hear the little bigots mocking the "falang"... wai2.gifwai.gif

Let's put some stoner falang on a Buffalo and lead him around. wai2.gifwai.gifblink.png

Thus, projecting an illusion of “Foreigner Friendship”.

“The idea for the festival originated in Bangkok tourism business circles”

“Only about 75 people attended the event, far short of the targeted 300.”

“The festival’s cost is estimated at around 200,000 baht”

Right. Another brilliant plan. clap2.gif

Clueless.

Perhaps, painting the Buffalo with Camouflage would have helped...

Although I just picked a single one quote I could have done with the most of quotes. Could you please tell me why you are so sarcastic? Why do not you guys try to appreciate sometimes what they do? I guess those farangs could jump on the buffaloes for free. Sure, you can have an elephant trip cheap, but it is not about it. Looking at the picture, both guys seem to enjoy the ride along with the guide. Additionally, the guide has a great charisma. Oh, yes, costs? Everything costs some coins today. If you take a cab, if you ride your motorcycle. Or do you only see "the gasoline costs" once you ride your bike or drive your car? What about the engines the spare parts? Will all those come for free?

Once again, try to appreciate things like this festival. Maybe it can bring people together, maybe it can also create a wonderful athmosphere. Maybe it helps to turn down prejudice against foreigners in some heads. Who knows? All these effects are long-term.

Anyway, I see it here (Seoul) that these events are extremely useful and yes, if there is a chance I try to contribute to it.

Yawn, then the band played .......

post-205838-0-44687800-1414041203_thumb.

Edited by ScotBkk

plow???????????????????????????????????????????????????

There are eight different ways to pronounce plough, so in essence plow is less ambiguous.

No, only one. But there are 9 different sounds made by ough.

According to some sources there are as many as 14.....

http://www.humanities360.com/index.php/how-many-ways-can-the-letters-ough-be-pronounced-in-english-57288/

I could take issue with some of those though (O) as the fellow who wrote it doesn't know how to pronounce Slough, or how to sound slow if you prefer.

And as this is completely off-topic, I shan't ask you to explain the difference between sound and pronounce in the context of language as that would bore the donkey off everyone else.

Thinking about it, the buffalo could be the new donkey.

Edited by Thaddeus

there are no amounts of foreigners sitting on backs of buffaloes... that can change Thailand fate. the curse is here and it wont stop till justice is done. corruption does not change because a white guy sits on a animal. THailands public image is gone. ruined by corruption, hidden mafia and people who obstruct justice.

• Like 1

Here we go again

All the TV members who can't get their fat ar5e5 of a bar stool knocking Khon Kaen

I've lived in Khon Kaen for 8 or 9 years and find it extremely "farang friendly".

Many free festivals and concerts

Locals who treat me as an honourary local

Single pricing Thai and Farang.

So all you arrogant knockers .... widen your horizons and see the real world, don't live in a 'ho' ridden bar until you die of STD's

It appears you have succumbed to Falangness.

See the official festival video in post 44.

In there, you can hear the little bigots mocking the "falang"... wai2.gifwai.gif

At which point exactly were the little bigots mocking the "falang"?

Ohhhh THANK YOUUU!

Now i finally feel safe again!

Who cares about investigating scams and serious crimes anymore(or the gazyllions ones that already happened, with or without a real perpetrator being apprehended/punished for it)???

Just look at those buffaloes....hey, wait a minute!

I never had a problem with a buffalo before, i encountered some difficulties with some cows but never with a buffalo.....with the buffalo's owners it's much more likely to have problems, or those whom don't even own one.

Let's put some stoner falang on a Buffalo and lead him around. wai2.gifwai.gifblink.png

Thus, projecting an illusion of “Foreigner Friendship”.

“The idea for the festival originated in Bangkok tourism business circles”

“Only about 75 people attended the event, far short of the targeted 300.”

“The festival’s cost is estimated at around 200,000 baht”

Right. Another brilliant plan. clap2.gif

Clueless.

Perhaps, painting the Buffalo with Camouflage would have helped...

Stoner.. that's an original one.

"Original predictions of the budget were estimated above 10 million baht, when initial plans were to include all of Isaan. The festival’s cost is estimated at around 200,000 baht, though it was mostly covered through in-kind donations."

Presumably the extra 9.8 million baht would have been the advertising budget...

attachicon.gifRidingTheBuffalo.jpgRiding the Albino Buffalo in US

Nice pic, but the problem can be your comment. whistling.gif

For example: If a black man make this comment, then it is rasism.

If a white man do it, then it is just humour.

This is how it is on our earth, full of hypocrits.

If 2 ppl do the same thing, then it is in general not judged a the same thing.

Carpe diem wai2.gif

What does "plow" mean???? It is not in my Oxford ENGLISH Dictionary.

I was also searching in a dictionary, but i think it was not an Oxford Dictionary more a kind of slang. tongue.png

There I found a similar word "plowing" but with an irritating explanation. smile.png

Plowing can mean the same like nailing or pounding I did'nt got the clue some help out there!!??? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

What does "plow" mean???? It is not in my Oxford ENGLISH Dictionary.

I was also searching in a dictionary, but i think it was not an Oxford Dictionary more a kind of slang. tongue.png

There I found a similar word "plowing" but with an irritating explanation. smile.png

Plowing can mean the same like nailing or pounding I did'nt got the clue some help out there!!??? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Oxford: (On my Mac)

plow |plou| (Brit.plough)nouna large farming implement with one or more blades fixed in a frame, drawn by a tractor or by animals and used for cutting furrows in the soil and turning it over, esp. to prepare for the planting of seeds.a snowplow.

OK we've had all the buffalo jokes, but please, honestly is there one member of this forum who has been solicited by a Thai woman for money because their buffalo was sick? It's usually family relatives that are in need of dire immediate medical attention.