Foreigners on buffaloes plow the way to restoring Thailand's public image

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you people were sincerely nice and not turn into a pile of scums once you're done with the smile and 'wai', you may no need to do these 'image restoration' exercises at all. You put the 'farangs' on the spot for everything, and then when tourist arrivals drop, you turn around and tell people how much you like 'farangs'. It's the same as the 'I Love Farangs' taxi stickers in BKK. Completely tasteless!

OK we've had all the buffalo jokes, but please, honestly is there one member of this forum who has been solicited by a Thai woman for money because their buffalo was sick? It's usually family relatives that are in need of dire immediate medical attention.

Yes.

I have been.

Also, for the sick "brother".

It's all just standard textbook stuff that you hear when you first arrive here.

Later on, when I got focused, and my feet on the ground, I ended up with a rather smart lady.

She once told me a story about how the Kings People had visited her village. (Among others)

They offered a buffalo per family to till their fields.

They accepted the gifts graciously and thankfully.

Later on, they ate them... wai2.gifwai.gif

blink.png

If you people were sincerely nice and not turn into a pile of scums once you're done with the smile and 'wai', you may no need to do these 'image restoration' exercises at all. You put the 'farangs' on the spot for everything, and then when tourist arrivals drop, you turn around and tell people how much you like 'farangs'. It's the same as the 'I Love Farangs' taxi stickers in BKK. Completely tasteless!

giggle.gif

post-206952-0-27286000-1414084836_thumb.

Haha, farang baannock ride buffalo.

Zero help for tourism but a day out of pure laughter for the locals.

The governor floated the idea of getting farangs to go to schools to help with ASEAN too.

He was a little confused when he learnt that ASEAN didn't include European or north american countries.

Well farangs that donate money to assist the lazy families of bar girls are

referred to as buffaloes , so there is certainly a fair amount of irony in seeing a farang ride one around as part of some bizarre Thai promotion... :-)

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

When I owned a few buffaloes I, together with the local village kids used to ride them regularly. Lovely creatures.

My daughter loves riding the Buffalo. Is there no regulations about wearing a helmet while riding this fantastic beast. She has fallen off a few times. I would get angry with Burt the kwai but he is such a good kisser. Watch out pattaya ladies!

OK we've had all the buffalo jokes, but please, honestly is there one member of this forum who has been solicited by a Thai woman for money because their buffalo was sick? It's usually family relatives that are in need of dire immediate medical attention.

Off topic slightly: Personally, I've contributed towards the costs of sick animals on many occasion especially, at Doncaster/Ascot and many other race meetings in the UK ...cheesy.gif

post-205838-0-63002700-1414113441_thumb.

Edited by ScotBkk