Trustworthy Schools Near Karon, Phuket?

shawn22

• 2 weeks later...

Patong Language School in Patong: http://www.phuket-languageschool.com/ and

Walen Language School in Chalong: http://www.thaiwalen.com/

I am not aware of any Thai language schools in Karon or Kata. I urge you to ask each school above if you may observe a class and look over the course materials before you commit to paying for classes. Walen will do this and I suspect Patong would as well. The teaching methodology is different at each school. Patong starts you out with Thai transliterated into English, Walen starts in with the Thai alphabet immediately. Patong transitions you to learning the Thai alphabet later than Walen. I suppose it is possible to make more initial progress in Thai conversation skills at Patong rather than Walen, because they postpone learning Thai reading and writing. In that sense Patong may be of more immediate use to you than Walen. However, in my opinion you should want to read and write Thai as well as early as possible. Thai transliteration into English is a crutch to get you speaking Thai quicker, but at some point you really need to learn reading and writing. Both schools will get you to that stage, but reading and writing probably occurs earlier at Walen.

I believe both schools will be able to help you to get an ED Visa.

• 4 weeks later...

I not recommend Walen at all. They are incompetent and not trustfull. Documents are not provided in time and the teaching method is absolute disgusting. Better to go to Alpha, small school but with good connections to the immigration, which is essential in this business.

I heard good things about Walen, But how long time did you wait? From apply to you got tired and switched school?