"The Arrangement"

In some way, this is related to the thread "Farang Husbands providing..........."

Of course, mature Farangs sitting alone and forgotten by the wold and relatives in cold and expensive Europe are tempted to engage in a new lifestyle here, usually with the help of a more or less attractive Thai-Female.

What follows is nothing more than an unspoken Business-Agreement: Farang covers the financial needs of wife & family and in return gets the closeness of the wife and is part of the family. = Something he hasn't experienced in cold Europe for a long time.

Fine, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

What can happen to the Farang when things go sour has been discussed here many a times, so no need for rehearsals.

On some occasions, I run into Farang Friends with wife sitting next to him. They exchange glances. Farangs glances appear warm and tender. Her glances at him are as cold as ice.

So I wonder who in the end will gain the upper hand in this game of "unspoken Business-Agreement"?

Cheers.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with Costas on this one.

Spending time analysing the dynamics of a relationship is pointless - especially a multi-cultural one where we can't begin to understand their mindsets, and they certainly can't follow our western thinking. At the end of the day if two people are content with life - and each others company - then little else matters. There are no guarantees in any relationship and, to be fair, most westerners who find their way to Thailand have experienced multiple failed relationships.

As for the upper hand - who gives a flying fart ?

Yes, I have met a few control freaks (mainly the male partner - but not always) and domination rarely works in the long-term.

I am sure my missus believes that she controls me. I am OK with that and the application of the law in Thailand suggests that the Thais are likely to retain the upper hand!

• Like 1

But does the foreigner understand this "business agreement" or does he mistaken it for true love?

It would be very hard to mistake this "business arrangement" for true love for very long - there are countless other farangs who take great pleasure in illuminating anyone who dare believe they've found true love that they're wrong, and it can't possibly exist between a foreign man and a Thai woman.

• Like 1

Didn't experienced what the OP experienced and I have a very lovely relationship with my wife and in-laws and their is no business relationship.

After all, I do business in Europe, Singapore or Malaysia but certainly not in Isaan.

Edited by MobileContent
  • Like 1

On some occasions, I run into Farang Friends with wife sitting next to him. They exchange glances. Farangs glances appear warm and tender. Her glances at him are as cold as ice.

OP yes those things happens but I see them only when the farangs hails from Pattaya or the other sin destinations and clearly done a business deal. My lassie just refuses meeting those kind of pairs. Just recently my MIL told the granny if my lassie would be like that that she would personally kill her.

Their are many families in Thailand that follow traditions and where face is more important as another one Baht of Gold or a bigger car, house, etc.

I call them diamonds but they find you and you not them.

I have a friend from the UK who owns over 50 million pound in properties from London, Ibiza, Sydney etc and he gives his lassie 10,000 Baht in Buriram. He told me just last month he is the most happy men and that's almost for 6 years already because his lassie just loves him the way it is.