"The Arrangement"

swissie

I find it funny how many people talk about losing their house to their Thai wives or girl friends, but how many out there have lost a house to your farang wife?

And that makes it a good idea to lose yet another one to a Thai wife How?

It doesn't, obviously, but that's not the point Issangeorge is trying to make, obviously.

The point he was making, was also made by somo:

What you say is applicable around the world and not specific to Thailand.

I, like others, take offence when butthurt farangs unequivocally state that our genuine, loving, long-term relationships are but a sham, that our loving partners are only interested in being taken care of. Sure those relationships do exist here in Thailand, some farangs are blind to it, some accepting and resolved to it - but to paint every relationship with the same brush, as swissie does, is ignorant and offensive.

• Like 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, like others, take offence when butthurt farangs unequivocally state that our genuine, loving, long-term relationships are but a sham, that our loving partners are only interested in being taken care of. Sure those relationships do exist here in Thailand, some farangs are blind to it, some accepting and resolved to it - but to paint every relationship with the same brush, as swissie does, is ignorant and offensive.

I see almost all relationships worldwide as the 'taken care of' type.

Once you are out of your teens, there ain't much 'loving relationships' to be had.

Don't see anything offensive with pointing out reality.

Happy to be loved by the children, not bothered about the bed partner motivation, up to her.

I see almost all relationships worldwide as the 'taken care of' type.

Once you are out of your teens, there ain't much 'loving relationships' to be had.

Don't see anything offensive with pointing out reality.

Happy to be loved by the children, not bothered about the bed partner motivation, up to her.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out reality, except when your "reality" is just an opinion. Just because you can't feel deep, loving, romantic feelings for another person, doesn't meant they don't exist for anyone.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out reality, except when your "reality" is just an opinion. Just because you can't feel deep, loving, romantic feelings for another person, doesn't meant they don't exist for anyone.

I agree there are many men with deep loving feelings, But I haven't seen many women returning those feelings though.

Here's the test,

Sex makes most men happy, for the woman, it isn't much physical effort, doesn't cost her any money, doesn't take up much of her time.

If she really loved him, she would want to make him happy as possible, and do it whenever he wanted.

But usually,

She doesn't, makes up any excuse, does it as infrequently as she can get away with and remain his partner.

Why,

Because she doesn't love him, has no deep feelings for him, doesn't really care if he's happy or not.

For her,

It's a financial transaction, and she provides the minimum quantity of product for the maximum price.

Same as any other retailer.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

I agree there are many men with deep loving feelings, But I haven't seen many women returning those feelings though.

Here's the test,

Sex makes most men happy, for the woman, it isn't much physical effort, doesn't cost her any money, doesn't take up much of her time.

If she really loved him, she would want to make him happy as possible, and do it whenever he wanted.

But usually,

She doesn't, makes up any excuse, does it as infrequently as she can get away with and remain his partner.

Why,

Because she doesn't love him, has no deep feelings for him, doesn't really care if he's happy or not.

For her,

It's a financial transaction, and she provides the minimum quantity of product for the maximum price.

Oh such a sad chappy. Jaded and burnt.

My Thai gf like most is an arrangement....mind you one of best relationships I've had... ( and had plenty in farang world). Only 2 years in granted but .....without bring too explicit....demands "attention every day"

I'm happy with that.

Read a lot of your posts....think you need to get back on the horsie and embrace Thailand and concept on "take care" .....its a two way street.

• Like 1

Here's the test,

But usually,

Why,

For her,

My Thai gf like most is an arrangement....mind you one of best relationships I've had... ( and had plenty in farang world). Only 2 years in granted but .....without bring too explicit....demands "attention every day"

I'm happy with that.

Read a lot of your posts....think you need to get back on the horsie and embrace Thailand and concept on "take care" .....its a two way street.

Agree. I'm actually staggered that anyone can think that way! Wow, it's like reading something from the fifties. He definitely needs to get out more!

Here's the test,

But usually,

Why,

For her,

I'm happy with that.

Agree. I'm actually staggered that anyone can think that way! Wow, it's like reading something from the fifties. He definitely needs to get out more!

Happy to hear you two have never suffered restricted access to sex during any of your loving relationships.

"So I wonder who in the end will gain the upper hand in this game of "unspoken Business-Agreement"?

OP, speaking for myself only, as long as I am happy, as long all my needs are looked after, as long as I have the pleasure of having this woman of mine next to me I don't give a damn who will gain the upper hand in this unspoken Business-Agreement.

I never had the false understanding that the woman I am with, accepted me for my looks or my good heart.

But the arrangement works more than fine for me and for her.

I wish, I had met her earlier in my life.

How long it will last?

Who knows?

But every day is a new and happy day for me.

Costas , you just put in words exactly my thoughts on this matter.

rob

• Like 1

Happy to hear you two have never suffered restricted access to sex during any of your loving relationships.

Notwithstanding that relationships are about more than sex, but your generalising of your outdated views on sex and women — as though that is every person's reality — is what I find staggering.

Losing a house to a woman is just the way life is for men; love is some puerile affliction restricted to teens; almost all relationships worldwide as the 'taken care of' type; not bothered about the bed partner motivation; women are simply retailers who make up any excuse to have sex as infrequently as they can get away with; because they don't love their partners, never has deep feelings for them, and don't really care if their partners are happy or not. Jaded and burnt indeed.

AnotherOneAmerican

Have you considered that your problems with the opposite sex may be something to do with you rather than them?

Your sensitivity about your ethnicity combined with an obvious dislike of women suggest you are one screwed up guy.
With multiple problems such as yours you could maybe get a package deal from a shrink.

I wish you the best of luck

• Like 2

Are some of you guys seriously trying to compare a divorce in a Western country to building a house in Thailand that you don`t even have a right to live in!?

Mortgages in Western countries will be 50/50 and as such, come divorce time half is yours. Furthermore in farrang land the female usually contributes financially. It`s completely different than gifting an asset 100% into the name of someone else in a foreign country.

I think some people maybe trying to console themselves on here!

• Like 1

AnotherOneAmerican, on 02 Nov 2014 - 18:11, said:
jamesbrock, on 02 Nov 2014 - 17:48, said:

Here's the test,

But usually,

Why,

For her,

Me, me, me, my wants, my needs............what about the wants and needs of a woman?

Love and sex are different entities. Learn the difference and show some respect and consideration for a woman and you might find love. With your draconian attitude I'm not surprised you have problems.

• Like 1

Are some of you guys seriously trying to compare a divorce in a Western country to building a house in Thailand that you don`t even have a right to live in!?

Mortgages in Western countries will be 50/50 and as such, come divorce time half is yours. Furthermore in farrang land the female usually contributes financially. It`s completely different than gifting an asset 100% into the name of someone else in a foreign country.

As far as I'm concerned the ownership is not a concern, most people in the west don't own their homes until the mortgage is paid. There are lots of ways to protect yourself here. A long term least registered on the back of the title is perhaps the easiest, a lawyer isn't even needed. I least some property from my wife and did this. She couldn't sell it until I went to the a district office and had the restriction removed from the title. As for the 50/50 ownership in the west, that exists here also, but as for every divorced man I have known in the west, not one has come out with anything close to 50/50, the same as here. Remember you get to live in your house here, and the price is so cheap, that if you can last 5 to 10 years, you have probably saved enough from paying western rent to pay for the house, after that you are basically living free, actually after 3 years you have probably paid for the house. When I built my wife a house I knew full well that it was not mine, I also knew that it was the custom, Thai or Farang, and that my wife would gain much face and be happy. 11 years later she is still happy and so am I and I have lived in a nice place that if a had rented the same in the west I would only be able to live in it for maybe 18 months or less for the same money I spent. In Thailand to rent the same, I figure I broke even about two years ago.

• Like 2

As far as I'm concerned the ownership is not a concern, most people in the west don't own their homes until the mortgage is paid. There are lots of ways to protect yourself here. A long term least registered on the back of the title is perhaps the easiest, a lawyer isn't even needed. I least some property from my wife and did this. She couldn't sell it until I went to the a district office and had the restriction removed from the title. As for the 50/50 ownership in the west, that exists here also, but as for every divorced man I have known in the west, not one has come out with anything close to 50/50, the same as here. Remember you get to live in your house here, and the price is so cheap, that if you can last 5 to 10 years, you have probably saved enough from paying western rent to pay for the house, after that you are basically living free, actually after 3 years you have probably paid for the house. When I built my wife a house I knew full well that it was not mine, I also knew that it was the custom, Thai or Farang, and that my wife would gain much face and be happy. 11 years later she is still happy and so am I and I have lived in a nice place that if a had rented the same in the west I would only be able to live in it for maybe 18 months or less for the same money I spent. In Thailand to rent the same, I figure I broke even about two years ago.

You figured wrong,

Rent in Thailand is usually around 5% of the property price.

It takes 23-27 years for the house purchase price to match the rent.

As for 50/50 ownership in the west,

Not for a woman with children under 15 years old, she owns it 100% on divorce in most western countries.

When I built my wife a house I knew full well that it was not mine, I also knew that it was the custom, Thai or Farang,

For the sake of any newbee naive farangs or those considering building, it certainly aint Thai tradition to build your mrs a house in her village.

If anything the tradition is for the wife to go to the husbands village and or house, and either live with the husband or with the husbands parents.

I know at least two Thai men who dont own their houses, the houses belong to the guys parents and will pass to them via a will which the guys will inherit, giving the women involved no claim at a later date in event of divorce.

As for your rental claims, back to school on that one.

• Like 2

AnotherOneAmerican, on 03 Nov 2014 - 14:18, said:
Issangeorge, on 03 Nov 2014 - 12:32, said:
tullynagardy, on 03 Nov 2014 - 06:49, said:

You figured wrong,

Rent in Thailand is usually around 5% of the property price.

It takes 23-27 years for the house purchase price to match the rent.

As for 50/50 ownership in the west,

Not for a woman with children under 15 years old, she owns it 100% on divorce in most western countries.

Where do you get your information from?

In UK law ownership will start to be divided 50/50, however all circumstances are taken into account including children, the income, earning capacity, property and resources of each person;

• the financial needs, obligations and responsibilities of each person;
  • the standard of living enjoyed by the family before the marriage broke down;
  • the age of each person and the duration of the marriage;
  • any physical or mental disability;
  • the contribution made by each person to the welfare of the family, including looking after the home and bringing up children; and
  • the conduct of each person, but only if it is so bad it would be unfair to ignore it (this is a consideration only in exceptional cases).

Unless one party voluntary walks away, never will either man or woman, with or without children get 100% of the property or assets.

It's the UK not USA. Stick to your USA law advise, because you sure don't know the English Marriage and Divorce laws.

• Like 1

All threads will sooner or later die a "natural dead". As the OP, I can only congratulate the Farangs that have been in in a long term and still functioning relationship with a Thai-Lady.

Still I remain: LT relationships are based on a spoken or unspoken "Arrangement". Thai culture allows for "Arrangements". (A provider enters the scene and receives other benefits in return.)

Love? (As we understand it?)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= A popular Farang-Columnist once asked his Thai-Wife of 10 years "Do you love me?" Her answer:

" You provide for me and the family for 10 years with food, clothing, and shelter. Of course I love you, why you ask?"

Arrangement/Love? You be the judge.

Cheers.

swissie now you are talking rubbish as usual. What you say is applicable around the world and not specific to Thailand. Chat to a girl back home and within 5 minutes she will be asking what you do for a living ie how much money have you got? All relationships are give and take based but you are clearly too scared to give in case you get burnt. That is sad.

You have a history of derogatory post about Thai women. Why is that? Once bitten twice shy is my guess but if I am wrong then you are just regurgitating hearsay. Either way you are clearly one of the miserables I mentioned above.

You have said before that you don't live here but enjoy travelling so after a few visits to a few towns you feel able to announce to the world that all Thai women are a bunch of money grabbing so an so's. You previously were under the impression that all village girls had internet access so should sign up for dating websites rather than working in bars. For this you felt you could not respect any of them! You know very little about life here so please stop pretending you do.

Somo at his best. He just can't grasp the essence of a thread or post. Doesn't stop him to jump to conclusions and turn it into a personal attack for good measure. As usual.

My few points are still this:

- Unless one looks like George Clooney, all ladies take an interest in the financial capabilities of a man. It's just that in Thailand and as soon as "landed property" is involved, notions of "gold digging" are encouraged by "the law of the land". There is no such thing in Europe

- No, I myself have never been "burnt" by a Thai-Lady. But I tell you who was.= Since 1996, I had 14 (fourteen ) of my countrymen-friends get "burned". AND THIS IS WHAT BURNS MY ASS !

Could well be, that my rather negative bias as far as Farang/Thai relationship are concerned originates from.

As it were, I am not a "Thai-Basher". More of a "Farang-Basher". Can't understand Farangs, arriving here in the autumn of their live and with a late surge of testerone try to re-invent the wheel (the wheel of love, that is) and living under the motto "the hell with the past and the hell with the future". Basically catering to the Kamikaze / Geronimo syndrome. But like they say "up to you".

Cheers.

PS: Somo, I actually live in Thailand for years now. As an avid reader of my posts, why has this fact escaped you?

Gentlemen....settle.

I have a theory ....some (not all) buy property in Thailand for a few reasons ....one of which is this...the nominal cost of the real estate is low in comparison to farang world. In AU for example Google median house prices in say Sydney or Melb and get ready to faint. I'm sure places like London are off the scale..... So like excited kids they rush in to own something. Maybe a replacement for what they lost in farang world. Or maybe to build of the gf/wife block in Issan.

Even if they don't get ripped off by the Thai lady, its just a mug investment.

Thinking I need to run classes on this. Invest in property in Thailand if your brain dead or missing the bunny run someone took from you.

• Like 1

Gentlemen....settle.

I have a theory ....some (not all) buy property in Thailand for a few reasons ....one of which is this...the nominal cost of the real estate is low in comparison to farang world. In AU for example Google median house prices in say Sydney or Melb and get ready to faint. I'm sure places like London are off the scale..... So like excited kids they rush in to own something. Maybe a replacement for what they lost in farang world. Or maybe to build of the gf/wife block in Issan.

Even if they don't get ripped off by the Thai lady, its just a mug investment.

Thinking I need to run classes on this. Invest in property in Thailand if your brain dead or missing the bunny run someone took from you.

Lose the concept of investment in Thailand - it doesn't exist for most so western parallels are meaningless.

Consider it a redistribution of wealth.

But like most things that Farangs spend in Thailand - it stays in Thailand.

• Like 2

Yes indeed... Redistribution from your pocket to Thai world. With or without lady involved.

Every man moving here should do a course in "wealth and how to acquire same" .....it ain't by buying real estate here...or most places for that matter.

• Like 1

Yes indeed... Redistribution from your pocket to Thai world. With or without lady involved.

Every man moving here should do a course in "wealth and how to acquire same" .....it ain't by buying real estate here...or most places for that matter.

Cant agree with your logic

.it ain't by buying real estate here...or most places for that matter.

The first part I agree with, the second part, sorry dont agree.

Was offered a paddy field years ago upcountry, I declined a bought a block in Mclaren Vale (SA), the land upcountry is as worthless in real terms now as it was 20 years ago, the land in SA is now getting off the scale.

At the same time I bought multiple properties in the UK than have at least doubled if not trebled in value.

Its now got to the point, I dont know what TF to do with my money.

Its a self perpetuating cycle, the rents are collected, put in the bank, every 3 months invested in the stock market, after 5 years buy another property with the proceeds.

You will be happy to know, no properties were sold off to finance my stay in Thailand, and never will.

You perhaps misinterpreted my assault on real estate. I'm stuck with a LOT only because I was in small subdivisions. Anyway ...yes yours have been good. Maybe factor in capital gains. And certainly some land in particular has been great. Give you another example...

Port Douglas was seen as bullet proof. The Japs pulled out and many other factors ....now the joint is stuffed.

Look at shares....even concertative like gold ...anyway

I agree money was/is to be made in AU ...Hence the Chinese are into it. ...Thailand is for brain dead.

• Like 1

All threads will sooner or later die a "natural dead". As the OP, I can only congratulate the Farangs that have been in in a long term and still functioning relationship with a Thai-Lady.

Still I remain: LT relationships are based on a spoken or unspoken "Arrangement". Thai culture allows for "Arrangements". (A provider enters the scene and receives other benefits in return.)

Love? (As we understand it?)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= A popular Farang-Columnist once asked his Thai-Wife of 10 years "Do you love me?" Her answer:

" You provide for me and the family for 10 years with food, clothing, and shelter. Of course I love you, why you ask?"

Arrangement/Love? You be the judge.

Cheers.

swissie now you are talking rubbish as usual. What you say is applicable around the world and not specific to Thailand. Chat to a girl back home and within 5 minutes she will be asking what you do for a living ie how much money have you got? All relationships are give and take based but you are clearly too scared to give in case you get burnt. That is sad.

You have a history of derogatory post about Thai women. Why is that? Once bitten twice shy is my guess but if I am wrong then you are just regurgitating hearsay. Either way you are clearly one of the miserables I mentioned above.

You have said before that you don't live here but enjoy travelling so after a few visits to a few towns you feel able to announce to the world that all Thai women are a bunch of money grabbing so an so's. You previously were under the impression that all village girls had internet access so should sign up for dating websites rather than working in bars. For this you felt you could not respect any of them! You know very little about life here so please stop pretending you do.

Somo at his best. He just can't grasp the essence of a thread or post. Doesn't stop him to jump to conclusions and turn it into a personal attack for good measure. As usual.

My few points are still this:

- Unless one looks like George Clooney, all ladies take an interest in the financial capabilities of a man. It's just that in Thailand and as soon as "landed property" is involved, notions of "gold digging" are encouraged by "the law of the land". There is no such thing in Europe

- No, I myself have never been "burnt" by a Thai-Lady. But I tell you who was.= Since 1996, I had 14 (fourteen ) of my countrymen-friends get "burned". AND THIS IS WHAT BURNS MY ASS !

Could well be, that my rather negative bias as far as Farang/Thai relationship are concerned originates from.

As it were, I am not a "Thai-Basher". More of a "Farang-Basher". Can't understand Farangs, arriving here in the autumn of their live and with a late surge of testerone try to re-invent the wheel (the wheel of love, that is) and living under the motto "the hell with the past and the hell with the future". Basically catering to the Kamikaze / Geronimo syndrome. But like they say "up to you".

Cheers.

PS: Somo, I actually live in Thailand for years now. As an avid reader of my posts, why has this fact escaped you?

I couldn't be bothered to find the posts but the last time you and I exchanged words here you said you enjoyed travelling to Isaan but admitted you didn't live here.

You were also under the impression that all village girls went to the nearest city every week to do their shopping so they could use an internet cafe if they didn't have a connection at home.This demonstrated your ignorance of life here perfectly.
For that reason you felt they should sign up to a dating agency rather than seek their fortunes in Bangkok/Pattya. Signing up to an internet site gained your respect for some strange reason but you totally disrespected the others.
You also have a history of disparaging Thai females and now we know why. You are on some kind of crusade to save all TV members from suffering the same fate as your countrymen.
You now say you live here. Why? You hate/disrespect everyone here. Are you some kind of masochist?
Perhaps you should go home or have you fallen in love? smile.png
  • Like 1

You perhaps misinterpreted my assault on real estate. I'm stuck with a LOT only because I was in small subdivisions. Anyway ...yes yours have been good. Maybe factor in capital gains. And certainly some land in particular has been great. Give you another example...

Port Douglas was seen as bullet proof. The Japs pulled out and many other factors ....now the joint is stuffed.

Look at shares....even concertative like gold ...anyway

I agree money was/is to be made in AU ...Hence the Chinese are into it. ...Thailand is for brain dead.

Mate, you are like a breath of fresh air in here.

Love this,

The Japs

Thats the exact same buffalo shyt as I was told years ago upcountry in Roi Et, yeah the japs are coming, buying up everything, buy now and make big money.

The Japs never appeared, as I mentioned before, the land is as worthless in real terms now as it was then.

As for shares, I have mentioned on here before, the Indian girl from HSBC Silom in Bkk, what a star, she got me into Aberdeen trusts years ago, check out the performance if you dont believe me, SET went from about 250 to 1500 today, all in the space of 16 years.

At the same time the property touts try to get me to invest in land I can never own, or would want to.

Never mind as long as Hans the dockworker from Hamburg, or Billy the taxi driver from Birmingham has to sell his property in Farangland to finance his (Issan Princess) dream there will always be a market of ready and gullible farang buffalo ready and waiting to be driven to the local bank and land office.

Thailand is for brain dead.

AKA, love struck losers.

Thanx for making my day, always a pleasure to meet a fellow traveller.

Rgs..... I never thought I would find love in Thailand. Still haven't but I don't believe in it in any event.

Thing is its refreshing to find a sensible farang here.

Back to OP..... Your shares... I kid you not on this. I have cbus ( au managed fund shares) ...I don't even look at them.... Sort of something I was stuck with with super contributions. Anyway $210k has gone to $289 in two year financial year. Pretty much tax free cause I'm 60.

F""k I'm stuck with numerous rental investments.

At least they are not in Thailand .... Happy about that.

When will farang learn brother

Can you two love birds take this a private room and resolve your issues. There was an OP and as usual 2 people make it a personal pin pong game.

Can you please stop posting off topic and turning this into a discussion of the financial merits of investing in Thailand.

At least we are on topic even if we disagree. Most of your posts here are irrelevant!

• Like 1