British police arrive in Thailand to observe Koh Tao murder probe

webfact

True tidbit: I had a break-in at the 2nd story of my Thai house. Cops arrived. I showed them muddy boot prints on a white outside wall - where the thief had likely climbed up an adjoining tree. Police grinned and waved it away as inconsequential. Inspector Clouseaus, they aren't.

didn't you mean to say "ARE"?

You're right. I forgot: Clouseau was a bumbler. How about this:

"Inspector Poirots they aren't"

It was your own fault for changing your story, nobody would have believed you after that.What happened in the first story?

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no knowledge of the procedures when the bodies were returned to the UK. A previous posting suggested that because of the circumstances in which they met their death, it would be normal for a 'post mortem' to be carried out on the bodies in the UK. If DNA of the perpetrators was still in the body(ies), then samples would I assume have been taken.

If the UK police were then able to obtain samples from the two Burmese men, and one would suggest that if they(the Burmese) were willing to give them the BIB would have difficulty in preventing it. Or it could be obtained on behalf of the UK Police by the accused defence team.

If the samples did not match, the UK Police would not have to be involved in the investigation, all they would need to do is shout loudly and have it reported in the media world wide 'THE SAMPLES DO NOT MATCH'.

Under such circumstances it is difficult to see how the prosecutors could continue with their case against the accused even if TIT

The British police have made their first arrest and it's johnthailand, he is facing 2 years imprisonment under new troll laws.

Apparently the suspect was arrested at his computer wearing only a pair of women's underwear.

No, no he was wearing a pair of longjohns surely? John maybe stubborn or adamant, depending on your point of view,in his defence of the case so far but that's his right.

Back to the gimpy left arm, so if the left arm is pretty useless why would he be left handed? Okay, assume the gimpiness is temporary, so how could he slash David with that left arm?

• Like 1

How much input will they be allowed?

If just observing then they might as well stayed at home.

As for setting up a police station well that horse as truly bolted but I suppose anything is better than the current set up.

Still the RTP reckon they have the guys and the DNA so innocent until proven guilty but if they are then throw the full weight of the courts at them

Here is a sentence from a National News Bureau of Thailand article dated October 23rd. “Regional Public Prosecution 8 deputy director-general Thawatchai Siangjaew said that “Thai police will be able to answer every doubt raised but no outside authorities can send their people to work on this case as Thai laws do not permit such a scenario”.

What a scam, it's theater, a show for the public, the Brits will not be allowed to work on the case.

it is not a scam

Chris Ware stood up for his friend, and gave a full briefing of what happened that night.

The full details of what Scotland Yard detectives know, is everything we hoped for, and more.

So much so, that the word is, the Police general in charge, has recently gone on sick leave and his whereabouts are unknown

This case has blown wide open, and the people involved know it

Expect this to get bigger than any of the bad actors could have ever expected, and with it, international coverage of their arrests

That is great news. I hope you are correct.

me too.

so far, everything the "armchair idiots" have attempted to do, they have accomplished

I want to know how many people seriously believed there would be 100,000 signatures on a petition, just in time to have the Thai PM within face range of David Cameron?

And that, it would lead to an IMMEDIATE about face by the Thai PM,

which flied right in the FACE of the Police Chief flat refusal to allow anyone on his soil to refute him?

The timing for these two murdered kids was bad,

the timing for their killers?

This is the worst nightmare this PM could ever have, and the night is getting longer for him, and his country

He really needs to make sure all the heads roll,

and by the way,

General Al Sisi had no problem locking away trouble makers, and people who threatened his people and his country,

the world really is watching him

• Like 1

The British police have made their first arrest and it's johnthailand, he is facing 2 years imprisonment under new troll laws.

Apparently the suspect was arrested at his computer wearing only a pair of women's underwear.

No, no he was wearing a pair of longjohns surely? John maybe stubborn or adamant, depending on your point of view,in his defence of the case so far but that's his right.

Back to the gimpy left arm, so if the left arm is pretty useless why would he be left handed? Okay, assume the gimpiness is temporary, so how could he slash David with that left arm?

In THE video his arm swings normally but almost habitually brought up to chest height as if to scratch an itch. Maybe it's a nervous reaction?

he could have injured it, that night

but, we don't know for sure that is him,

let's leave that to the detectives now

Since his statement on his return from Italy, the General/Pm was remained unusualy quite. Maybe just maybe the penny has dropped and the sh1t is about to hit the RTP.

This is a piviotal moment in Thai history, a desicion has to be made. Arrest the real culprits or send Thailand into isolation , shuned by the outside world.

• Like 2

If the British police aren't allowed to investigate themselves should they notice a lead that should have been followed and suggest that to the Thai police. Would that mean that the Thai police would investigate that lead?

I mean it's always good to look at something from a new angle!

Undercover Brit police on KT from week one, where did you get that one from ?

Overseas enquiries tend to be given to experienced officers who are and probably look mature. So a couple of ' older ' tourists arrive on KT and do what ?

Are they fluent Thai speakers who can tune in to what's being said or do they do the obvious and give themselves away by asking questions which set alarm bells off ?

At best they might be taken for reporters which would attract official flak, improper visa, no work permit BUT if identified as police officers ... !

" Oh just on holiday and curious " !

This is real life not your television fantasy.

You really do not like the British do you?

I have never seen such anger and mistrust of any country that calls itself a friend to the west. This needs to be handled correctly now.

If Thailand starts to play games with the Brits the PMs will have to get involved again. If this fails the media will get involved. If this fails the UN might get involved..... There are serous issues going on here not only these murders.

Tourism will be the least of their concerns. Trade is a much bigger issue and a boycott of all Thai products in addition to tourism will put this country on its knees. Thais will be doing labor work in Burma to make a living in a few years....

If these investigators don't come up with answers their necks will also be on the line so they will have to produce .... I am however not too concerned as these guys will be honest, educated professionals who have the backing of the British government and people. Failure is not an option !

There are tens of billions of dollars (not baht) at risk here and isolation from the world. Thailand has its faults but they are not completely stupid. They will comply and do this correctly... The game is over !!!

Not sure it's over already.

Anyway, I am not too concerned over the (real) police being allowed to observe only. There is a lot of obvious faults in the Thai police case. If they do not answer questions regarding this and still do not do the real thing - and reliable! the Brits will publish there experience and their analysis based on facts. It will be everywhere in the media and the internet. An unprecedented shitstorm will hit the Thai police and the Thai government. With serious consequences.

Still the Thai government has the option to bypass this shitstorm to the RTP. I hope they understand

• Like 2

As for setting up a police station well that horse as truly bolted but I suppose anything is better than the current set up.

Still the RTP reckon they have the guys and the DNA so innocent until proven guilty but if they are then throw the full weight of the courts at them

Here is a sentence from a National News Bureau of Thailand article dated October 23rd. “Regional Public Prosecution 8 deputy director-general Thawatchai Siangjaew said that “Thai police will be able to answer every doubt raised but no outside authorities can send their people to work on this case as Thai laws do not permit such a scenario”.

What a scam, it's theater, a show for the public, the Brits will not be allowed to work on the case.

it is not a scam

Chris Ware stood up for his friend, and gave a full briefing of what happened that night.

The full details of what Scotland Yard detectives know, is everything we hoped for, and more.

So much so, that the word is, the Police general in charge, has recently gone on sick leave and his whereabouts are unknown

Expect this to get bigger than any of the bad actors could have ever expected, and with it, international coverage of their arrests

Yes Steve. saw that too. If confirmed, what are the implications for the regime? PM can hardly move good Police Commissioner General Somyot to an inactive post as he is his handpicked appointee (appointed Aug 20th).. PM is also Supreme Commander of Police and he too publicly endorsed this perfect/complete investigation. In other times and places, top brass miight do the honorable thing.......

For how/why the good general Somyot got the top police job, see link

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886

• Like 2

I dont see any change happening, the sole purpose of the Thai police is to take money from the people and pass it up the chain, nothing to do with law enforcement, short of a revolution thats never going to change, the only thing that changes is who sits at the top of the chain

Edited by slygeeza
  • Like 1

The stuttering parrot, on 24 Oct 2014 - 07:22, said:

I was under the impression there are police "stationed" there, if so, what difference will a "new" station make. A "station" is only a building, policing is done by competent, trained, disciplined and honest people.

Thailand is a member of INTERPOL. They have a right to investigate in Thailand. What does it take to get INTERPOL involved?

"They have a right to investigate in Thailand. What does it take to get INTERPOL involved?"

Only if requested by Thailand.

I don't believe that it is a waste of time. The officers will examine evidence and procedures, compare with what they know and do in Britain, and tell the world what they think. How can that be a waste of time?

What have they got to examine?

There is no real evidence and no proving the evidence provided is correct or incorrect.

They are not authorised to finger the justice system.

They will find nothing, it's just a few officers or forensics off on a free holiday.

Simple as that.

The Thai police will only have to open their mouths and attempt to answer difficult questions. The writing will be on the wall the UK police. There is not much they can say or do about it though. They can however brief the defense of all the holes in the BiB's story to get it thrown out of court. Pictures of possible suspects and others trampling the crime site (with police!) should raise alarm bells. I hope new swabs are taken form the accused and re-analaysed and compared to data held in Singapore. I hope the defense can request that.

Data held in Singapore? cheesy.gif Where exactly in Singapore?. Check out all the posts on this, seems to be disinformation to excuse refusal of FBI and Brit dna expertise.

it is not a scam

Hopefully, all those present that night who are now back in UK have given the police what information they can.

Do you have any links to your source of information on all that you say please.

"Thai police will happily provide them with any information they request." wai2.gif wai.gif

"Thai police will conduct any additional investigations per request from the British officers ..."

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1413790292

Edited by iReason

Thailand is a member of INTERPOL. They have a right to investigate in Thailand. What does it take to get INTERPOL involved?

"They have a right to investigate in Thailand. What does it take to get INTERPOL involved?"

Only if requested by Thailand.

Some people need to look up what the function of Interpol actually is.

Clue - it ain't like it's portrayed in the movies.

• Like 1