Phuket airport to be expanded: Prayut

Lite Beer

Phuket airport to be expanded: Prayut

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said Friday night that the Phuket International Airport will be expanded, including the construction of 15 additional aircraft pits, which are expected to be completed within the next year.

Construction of an additional terminal at the airport will commence next year, he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Phuket-airport-to-be-expanded-Prayut-30246237.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-24

So this is an upgrade on the (in-progress) upgrade?

Any takers for an upgrade to the proposed upgrade of the current upgrade?

LOL! So true. But I have read something about a second runway. I don't know where they would put it though.

LOL! So true. But I have read something about a second runway. I don't know where they would put it though.

It would be much better if they forgot about the second runway ( and all the fancy terminal upgrades), and instead brought the existing runway and airport operations up to ICAO standards. This airport is still as criminally dangerous for take offs and landings as it was for the 1-2-Go crash seven years ago. ......... but there is no income in saving lives.

Edited by tigermonkey
  • Like 1

including the construction of 15 additional aircraft pits

What is an "aircraft pit"? Is that what they are supposed to throw the wreckage of Low Cost Airline crashes into?

If so, one is long overdue.

An aircraft "pit" is where they service LCC (budget airline) aircraft in Thailand. It is called a "pit" because, unique to Thailand, the mechanics are cross 'trained' in auto mechanics. They do all the routine maintenance -- you know, things like greasing the brakes.

Edited by tigermonkey

Yep let's get them in more, more, more. Quality tourist only please.

Come see Patong floods, trash in the water, filth slick coming from klongs into world class beach, drown at your leisure in rip tides no one explained to you, nightmare speed boat rides

The list o f exciting and deadly activities too long for this post

Update Island infrastructure?