Parents say their sons are innocent but beaten to confess

Lite Beer

Looks like no comments from the parents on their son's DNA matching the semen found in one of the victims. Also no comments about how they may have been forced to participate by a rich Thai.

Let it go to trial ... they have lots of lawyers and groups looking out for them as well as media who have put the case under a microscope.

"Looks like no comments from the parents on their son's DNA matching the semen found in one of the victims"

Welcome back JTJ. Nice piece of deflection above. Do you believe that two young Myanmese migrant workers and/or their parents are well versed in issues such as DNA matching and what it means?

Well versed enough to understand that if they didn't do it then the DNA must be BS and maybe shouldn't have "expressed confidence" in the justice system.

But your right, maybe they are completely ignorant and even had to be explained they were going to be taken in a magic flying machine to Thailand.

And what am I deflecting from? That the kid with the chocolate around his lips denies to his parents he ate the cookies? Well in this case the kid whose semen was found in a murdered women at a place he was seen around at the time of the murder, didn't do it.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 1

We want the truth!!

Until then... BOYCOT KOH TAO!

A completely stupid post. If they are guitly what will you say then. "Oh people I was wrong, my appologies to all the good operaters of guest houses and hotels for the last twenty years, my bad". Social media is faceless and yet powerful. For sure pressure the BIB, but I think it's pretty pathetic to add salt to the wounds of innocent business owners and operators surely suffering in the shadow of this horid event.

Even though your post was liked by a VIP, I still feel the need to post a response.

I understand where you are coming from. It's morally and ethically wrong to punish a whole group of innocent people, even if there is one bad apple among them.

By the same token, these innocent people have a moral and ethical civic duty to highlight any injustices perpetrated by any in their group. The difficulty arises when (and if) there is no wrong doing by any of them. What should they do next? I'm not a PR or marketing expert - I do not know. But what I do now is that they should not sit and do nothing. For eg, they could unequivocally come out and say to the public, WE believe that Nomsod was not on the island during the time of the murders as none of us saw him or WE believe that the RTP has conducted a proper and professional investigation and that they have apprehended the right suspects.

But the deafening silence coming from the inhabitants and business owners of the island is extremely circumspect, won't you say?

Edit: I for one, will not be going there anytime in the near future and I would recommend the same to anyone that asks me.

'All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing'

Edmund Burke

And there are always plausible reasons for doing nothing....

• Like 1

Looks like no comments from the parents on their son's DNA matching the semen found in one of the victims. Also no comments about how they may have been forced to participate by a rich Thai.

Let it go to trial ... they have lots of lawyers and groups looking out for them as well as media who have put the case under a microscope.

"Looks like no comments from the parents on their son's DNA matching the semen found in one of the victims"

Welcome back JTJ. Nice piece of deflection above. Do you believe that two young Myanmese migrant workers and/or their parents are well versed in issues such as DNA matching and what it means?

Well versed enough to understand that if they didn't do it then the DNA must be BS and maybe shouldn't have "expressed confidence" in the justice system.

But your right, maybe they are completely ignorant and even had to be explained they were going to be taken in a magic flying machine to Thailand.

And what am I deflecting from? That the kid with the chocolate around his lips denies to his parents he ate the cookies? Well in this case the kid whose semen was found in a murdered women at a place he was seen around at the time of the murder, didn't do it.

Why is it that you and jdinasia can get your quotes right?

Anyway, back on topic.

Seen around at the time of the murder - according to a witness testimony that there were some people playing a guitar and singing some songs in a language that wasn't Thai (I reckon Sean would be be singing in a language that wasn't Thai either), Apparently, there's also another witness testimony that the suspects were sleeping in their huts at the time of the murder. Oh dear, who to believe?

If the suspects semen were found in Hannah's private parts, then the whole purpose of the UK sending some cops out is purely for reason politic? Sort of like a cover up?

With such cynicism, I wouldn't be able to sleep well at night.

Anyway, back on topic.

Seen around at the time of the murder - according to a witness testimony that there were some people playing a guitar and singing some songs in a language that wasn't Thai (I reckon Sean would be be singing in a language that wasn't Thai either), Apparently, there's also another witness testimony that the suspects were sleeping in their huts at the time of the murder. Oh dear, who to believe?

If the suspects semen were found in Hannah's private parts, then the whole purpose of the UK sending some cops out is purely for reason politic? Sort of like a cover up?

Caught on video, numerous witnesses who placed them there and have confirmed they often had played guitar and sung on the beach ... it has been confirmed even by their friends who said they were later sleeping that they were the ones there.

Yes, the UK is sending people for political reasons. They have citizens who don't believe the have the right people and signed a petition. So, the UK got permission from Thailand to observe as well as the Burmese.

I don't have any cynicism ... I have reality which tells me these guys, who confessed to police and then their embassy staff, lawyers and a human rights group and who were around the scene at the time of the murder and whose DNA matches that of the semen in one of the victims and who had proptery of the victim at their place and whose friend told police they were given that property (phone) to destroy by one of the suspects ... and the same suspects who have stated they confessed because of threats of torture... should stand trial for the brutal murder and rape.

What do you have? A bunch of speculation because all the facts have not been made public by a police department in a less developed country conducted the investigation. By the way, corruption runs hand in hand with less developed nations. I would just like to see people here use the same logic with the guy who killed the girl on a train .. many of the same circumstances with that case but all I see here is people screaming the guy should be tortured and killed ... and this was before he was convicted.

• Like 1

Could use a few links to some quotes on this thread, from reliable sources of news, otherwise it looks a bit pony.

Looks more phony when you share CSI Facebook Page links from Conspiracy Theorists and claim them to be facts. Remember this is where most of the conspiracy folks got their momentum with the ridiculous and incorrect theory about the whole phone thing. Since then they just keep jumping onto something else until it is shown they are just making stuff up based on things they don't know or that have not been released ... including the lack of the University releasing a kids test or coming out publicly (not just to the police) about releasing information about a particular student. Oh yea, and the airline not releasing passenger lists of flights from the area to Bangkok. With these "facts" we can conclude a rich Thai was not in Bangkok taking a test but was in Koh Tao murdering and raping a tourist and placing Burmese sperm in the victim.

Anyway, back on topic.

Caught on video, numerous witnesses who placed them there and have confirmed they often had played guitar and sung on the beach ... it has been confirmed even by their friends who said they were later sleeping that they were the ones there.

Yes, the UK is sending people for political reasons. They have citizens who don't believe the have the right people and signed a petition. So, the UK got permission from Thailand to observe as well as the Burmese.

I don't have any cynicism ... I have reality which tells me these guys, who confessed to police and then their embassy staff, lawyers and a human rights group and who were around the scene at the time of the murder and whose DNA matches that of the semen in one of the victims and who had proptery of the victim at their place and whose friend told police they were given that property (phone) to destroy by one of the suspects ... and the same suspects who have stated they confessed because of threats of torture... should stand trial for the brutal murder and rape.

What do you have? A bunch of speculation because all the facts have not been made public by a police department in a less developed country conducted the investigation. By the way, corruption runs hand in hand with less developed nations. I would just like to see people here use the same logic with the guy who killed the girl on a train .. many of the same circumstances with that case but all I see here is people screaming the guy should be tortured and killed ... and this was before he was convicted.

I've noticed a strange trait in many of your posts (can't recall if this is also the case in the other "believers").

You actually stop short of saying that they are undoubtedly and indisputably guilty. You always state that they should stand "trial". I know all about presumption of innocence until found guilty. But the substance of your posts and the conclusion are, to me at least, a mismatch. I wonder......?

• Like 1

Could use a few links to some quotes on this thread, from reliable sources of news, otherwise it looks a bit pony.

Looks more phony when you share Facebook links from CSI Conspiracy Theorists and claim them to be facts.

CSI LA Facebook page is not considered a reliable source of news. I have to keep removing them, but there's loads of them.

If the source CSI LA are using can be traced back to a reliable news source in the English language then posters are welcome to link that material . . . but not the CSI LA Facebook page.

The reason the reliable news source has to be in English is that this is an English language only forum.

• Like 1

I've noticed a strange trait in many of your posts (can't recall if this is also the case in the other "believers").

You actually stop short of saying that they are undoubtedly and indisputably guilty. You always state that they should stand "trial". I know all about presumption of innocence until found guilty. But the substance of your posts and the conclusion are, to me at least, a mismatch. I wonder......?

If you really wonder why we don't state they are "undoubtedly and indisputably" guilty prior to a to conviction or even the case being heard in court then I think this says a lot more about you than us.

If only the facts out there now were all the only facts, I would convict if I was a judge here but clearly the police have not released all their evidence and clearly their lawyers have not had a chance to put on a defense or challenge any evidence.

• Like 1

You even like your own posts now?

Nothing better to do.

Might want to recheck your facts. Closing your eyes to reality and then pretending something other than reality is true doesn't make it so.

Nothing better to do.

Might want to recheck your facts. Closing your eyes to reality and then pretending something other than reality is true doesn't make it so.

It's got me through life somehow John.

Nothing better to do.

It's got me through life somehow John.

Well, you are not the one stating dishonestly that I liked my own post or possibly trying to dishonestly discredit me and JDNisa by possibly suggesting we are the same person.

Disinformation indeed.

Koh Tao murder suspects meet their families
The Nation

KOH SAMUI: -- The two Myanmar workers, charged with killing two Britons on Koh Tao last month, met their parents and relatives in a two-hour visit yesterday at the prison on Koh Samui.

The parents reportedly insisted that their sons were not killers, saying they had been forced to confess after being beaten by police. The parents also quoted their sons as saying police had threatened to intimidate or assault Rakhine people on the island unless they confessed.

This assertion appears to contradict the suspects' earlier claims made to a lawyer from the Lawyers' Council of Thailand, in which they said they had been beaten by an interpreter while being interrogated by police.

The parents were reported to have said they would take their sons home, if they are acquitted. They were also quoted as telling the suspects that "they had been made scapegoats, sacrificed to cover the mistakes of Thai police".

After the visit, the parents said they would lodge a petition with the Office of the Attorney-General (OAG), but they did not specify the issues. Senior public prosecutor Theerawut Phrammanan said the petition would be forwarded to the OAG at the soonest. The relatives were accompanied to the prison by officials from the Myanmar Embassy, the Justice Ministry, the suspects' lawyers and officials from National Human Rights Commission. Their arrival in Thailand has been widely covered by foreign and local media.

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said he "did not know what to do" with the speculation and scepticism on social media, saying he would leave the sceptics to believe in what they please.

He said it was common for suspects in criminal cases to retract their confessions, adding that the process would continue regardless of their confession or denial.

Prawit said that as he has been put in charge of internal security, he would be fair with all parties involved, namely Thai police, Britain and Myanmar.

Thai police and British detectives have set up a meeting to discuss the latter's role as "observers", Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Lt-General Prawut Thavornsiri said yesterday, but refused to elaborate.

"Thai police are not aware of what their British counterparts still have doubts over," he said, adding that time would be needed to work out all the issues.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koh-Tao-murder-suspects-meet-their-families-30246228.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-25

Keep cranking up the pressure for transparency and justice in this case.

Talk of transparancy

This case is like the story...The Emperors New Clothes

Thats how transparent it is.....this country is in for a major loss of face scenario.

as there is nowhere to hide now and nothing they can say or do to get out of the embarassment

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said he "did not know what to do" with the speculation and scepticism on social media, saying he would leave the sceptics to believe in what they please.

Losing face due to social media???,.... the whole world is watching. This is the 21st century and beyond, where saving face is impossible ...

It must be admitted that these words and accusing petition are insulting to Thais.
But as Confucius said better there is more than 2500 years: "The invective dishonored its author, only him."
Asians generally approve this wise maxim. So if the evidence is proven and confirmed by observers shame will be on British revilers and more generally on all Western, not the Thais.
And that's how it gradually loses the prominent place that was ours there not long ago.