Parents say their sons are innocent but beaten to confess

Lite Beer

We want the truth!!

Until then... BOYCOT KOH TAO!

You're absolutely right everyone should boycott Thailand until the truth is revealed. That should go for all the expats ... time they stopped moaning about things and took action by leaving.

I am quite happy with my life in Thailand. I plan on visiting KT on my next long break from work to visit friends.

You are welcome to stay away though.

Let hope you bump into the hoe man and old gimpy one dark night when you are there. Will give us a break.

what's "he" got to be frightened of?

They had the DNA samples tested BEFORE they had any real suspects. They were looking for ASIAN suspects on the island. They found two that matched according to what I read. They either have the match or they don't.

As far as the tortured confession, that should be a separate investigation and if wrong-doing then fire and prosecute the guilty. And throw the confession out if that is found.

Then forget all this peripheral BS. Lets get it into court. The DNA match is there or it isn't, that's it!

So what? Even if the DNA matches, it just means that the've been there, or raped the girl, depending on what place on the body the DNA has been found.

It doesn't mean they are the murderers, although very likely. Rape is not murder!

• Like 1

We want the truth!!

You're absolutely right everyone should boycott Thailand until the truth is revealed. That should go for all the expats ... time they stopped moaning about things and took action by leaving.

I am quite happy with my life in Thailand. I plan on visiting KT on my next long break from work to visit friends.

WOW, you must be one of the most uncareing person's i have ever seen post on TVF.

Enjoy your trip to KT...

You are right about one thing. I absolutely do not care about your opinion of me smile.png

I do, however, care about my friends and look forward to spending time with them.

I expect the 2 Burmese men to have been convicted by the time I get a week off.

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said he "did not know what to do" with the speculation and scepticism on social media, saying he would leave the sceptics to believe in what they please.

Losing face due to social media???,.... the whole world is watching. This is the 21st century and beyond, where saving face is impossible ...

It must be admitted that these words and accusing petition are insulting to Thais.
But as Confucius said better there is more than 2500 years: "The invective dishonored its author, only him."
Asians generally approve this wise maxim. So if the evidence is proven and confirmed by observers shame will be on British revilers and more generally on all Western, not the Thais.
And that's how it gradually loses the prominent place that was ours there not long ago.

OK, I could be wrong, but are you saying by signing a petition calling for the truth you are dishonourable? Seeking the truth and expressing doubt is dishonourable?

I really hope that's not what you are saying.

• Like 2

We want the truth!!

WOW, you must be one of the most uncareing person's i have ever seen post on TVF.

Enjoy your trip to KT....scum bag.

You are right about one thing. I absolutely do not care about your opinion of me :)

I do, however, care about my friends and look forward to spending time with them.

I expect the 2 Burmese men to have been convicted by the time I get a week off.

You work as a dive instructor? Where at JD?

LOL

Reading is fundamental

No I don't work as a dive instructor

He also expressed confidence that the Thai justice system would ensure justice for the two suspects, Win Zaw Tun and Zaw Lin.

Those 2 where allegedly beaten into a confession... The Thai justice systems starts at the Police.... Its already a bungling circus show

Sorry Dad, you have no idea how wrong you are

some heavy accusations being made elsewhere

Where? Give us a clue?

errrr here for one, chnge.org, Andy Halls site, twitter, Facebook, just keep this alive and fresh in the minds of people you know. The police want this to face away and be forgotten, but it has gone too far and if the masses keep on it won't go away, thus justice should be properly served and the BiB plus powerful people may think twice about covering up a crime and blaming innocent people.

• Like 1

Joe brown..

Nope I have no financial ties to Koh Tao. (other than I have spent a lot of money there over the last decade)

Explaining the fact that attempts

To nullify a jury doesn't work in Thailand, because of how courts operate seems to have upset you. Do you have financial interests in Phuket?

I pray to God that the truth will come out and that the person/s responsible for the brutal murder of the British couple will be brought to justice. I pray that if the two young Burmese boys are not guilty that they won't be made scapegoats.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed again. Please stop using bold font when posting.
  • Like 1

What work do you do ? Just wondering cause for the last 3 or 4 weeks you have spent almost 24/7 on here replying to almost every post that has been made.

Just imagine if the 2 Burmese haven't been convicted by then. Actually acquitted. You will be on the same island as 2 murderers. Not 3 as I reckon gimpy will have done a runner. And these 2 will know you couldn't convince us the Burmese did it. GOLLY GOSH.

Your watch needs to be serviced.

If the killers have been acquitted then they will surely be deported, so no worries.

I have a place in BKK.. I bet there are killers there too! In fact I expect there are killers in whatever wet dreary place you are in.

Edited by PoorSucker
nestled qoute removed

I said it before that there was no way these two little Burmese boys would be able to take out the Brit and attack the girl. had to be a group possibly 3 to 4 maybe more. one of them had some pretty good bruises from the Brit fighting back. I can not believe for a second that there was no DNA under Hannah's finger nails. All that is left now is DNA and i am sure that has been contaminated also.

• Like 1

This is really a conundrum for me. Although I have doubt that these guys are the guilty ones. I haven't seen any physical evidence made public to indicate that they were beaten into a confession by the police. And that would only leave intense verbal interrogation to get a confession out of them and it would seem that they caved in quite easily if there were not badly physically beaten. I recognize that these guys are young and not in their home country but it seems that you just would not confess to such a heinous crime if you were really not involved. I just don't know what to think about the whole affair anymore.

Yes, the parents are correct in saying their sons are innocent, and incorrect in saying they feel the Thai system will grant their sons justice. The jig is up. The cards have been played. The police have already made up their minds, and I suspect so has the judge. Life in prison is a reasonable thing to expect in this case. But, the unfortunate part, is the sentence will be imposed on the wrong guys. They are innocent as the day is long. The swine families are being protected.

They recanted. The punishment will likely be death

They had the DNA samples tested BEFORE they had any real suspects. They were looking for ASIAN suspects on the island. They found two that matched according to what I read. They either have the match or they don't.

As far as the tortured confession, that should be a separate investigation and if wrong-doing then fire and prosecute the guilty. And throw the confession out if that is found.

Then forget all this peripheral BS. Lets get it into court. The DNA match is there or it isn't, that's it!

Why would you trust a DNA result when the Thai police is involved?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

John Thailand John.

I just gotta confirm something.

You are satisfied with the evidence released by the Police. You have absolutely no reason to doubt them, whether it be for this shaky case or the reputation they have built up as a whole.

I have gone through my life with a healthy contempt of conspiracy theories. I have lived in Thailand for 13 years. There is an enormous shadow of a doubt in this case. Most things start as 'RUMOURS' until they are corroborated. The Police won't corroborate. So these remain rumours for now. It seems like the whole country is abuzzz with rumours.

You say that conspiracy theorists jump from one point to the next when something is disproven. Thats true. But seems like the Police have been doing the same thing, changing the points that have been picked out.

The fact that a forensic pathologist was never used at the crime scene and that members of the public, some that were later suspects, were all over the scene suggests the DNA evidence may be useless, tampered with. The Police have tampered with evidence in the past.

Do you think the Thai Police don't beat suspects? Being seen earlier in the evening near the scene is damning evidence?

Why do I bother? You are going to deflect somehow, ignoring all of this and I can't be bothered wasting my time making this post more comprehensive.

You are welcome to your opinion mate, I just don't fully understand why you are so vehemently convinced of it.

I'll admit that I can't know for sure the Burmen didn't do it, but everything surrounding this case makes it so highly doubtful.

But you seem so sure.

Excllent post.
I dont think he is vehemently convinced of it. Anybody who has lived in Thailand for any amount of time would realise that your post is spot on.

The person that beat Hannah in the head has some serious anger against women like some little rich island boy who has probably raped and beaten other girls on the island.

• Like 1

Whatever the outcome the RTP have taken a real hammering over this case. I very much doubt they have ever been put under the spotlight to such a degree , uncomfortable times ahead methinks.

And they should stay in the limelight until they have changed for the better (or are removed)

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 2

Yes, the B2 are presumed innocent until the trial judge(s) says they're not. That's if it goes to trial. And being a realist, it seems to be heading that way come hell and high water. Nothing you, me or the kitchen sink can do or say to stop this gravy train at this point in time.

Actually, it could be in the best interests of the B2, because there are so many evidential holes that could give rise to reasonable doubt - even the 'alleged' DNA match, which could be contended as being compromised by the inadequacy of its collection by other than a forensic pathologist, i.e. contaminated.

This scenario, possibly diplomatically negotiated, would give the Thai authorities the opportunity to demonstrate that justice would be served on all parties in respect of the RTP and B2.

Whatever the outcome, there will still be dissatisfaction - that's a given. But that's another subject for another day.

Edited by stephen terry