British authorities at Koh Tao crime scene

Lite Beer

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they had access to the suspects yet, taken their own DNA samples?

I would have though that would be number one on their priority list.

One suspects they will not be allowed to do this, it seems they are not here to conduct their own investigation, only to review what the BIB have done and I guess comment whether the investigate was conducted in accordance with accepted practice's for a murder investigation, I guess their findings will not be made public and will be for the eyes and ears of the families and British authorities and possibly the head BIB man in BKK

• Like 1

I, like many people wish them the best of luck in helping to do what they can to ensure the people involved have their day or days in court.

+1

But i have a sneaky feeling the thai officials MO will change to postponing court hearings one after the other with a myriad of excuses, they have the habit of dragging these things on for years if needed in the hope interest has waned.

"British authorities"...

No, they are observers and possible advisers, but they have no authority in Thailand.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, Thai Gov. officials are still referred to as Dignitaries, even though they have no dignity! (or shame)

• Like 2

Obviously they should have spoken to you first....?

From the OP

"to allow British police to observe the work of Thai police "

I would have had a little more faith in the British guys independance if:

1. They had not accepted a helicopter-ride to the island with two highranking Thai policeofficers

2. Had stayed on the island for more than a little over an hour

They are never going to be allowed to get anywhere alone, they are politely going to be chaperoned every step of the way.

They probably feel there is no need to as they already know that the Burmese scapegoats are not the real killers.

What are their usernames on Thaivisa??whistling.gif

• Like 2

I would have had a little more faith in the British guys independance if:

1. They had not accepted a helicopter-ride to the island with two highranking Thai policeofficers

2. Had stayed on the island for more than a little over an hour

They are never going to be allowed to get anywhere alone, they are politely going to be chaperoned every step of the way.

Three Scotland Yard police were believed to be on the trip from Bangkok, joining two others who had come to the island on Friday (October 24), according to the source.

• Like 1

<<Police based on Koh Tao and neighbouring Koh Phangan were not allowed to join the meeting or take pictures of the visitors. one rescue volunteer on Koh Tao was brought in to provide information about the events of September 15>>.......... read as: local police were spared having to answer any awkward questions, sent a local bodysnatcher instead.

You're missing their purpose entirely & have outlined something that falls within the remit of the Burmese authorities & Interplod.

I think the best hope, is that some of the local farangresidents on the island, of which many clearly have be intimidated into silence, will open up to the British guys, relieved that they finally have cops, they can trust!thumbsup.gif

They will be polite and any doubts they have will be buried for the greater good of international relations. Just like the Thai police... They know their place in the chain of command.

Well, you just keep repeating that to yourself, and perhaps it will come true.

• Like 2