E-visa service to be offered for 6 additional entry points

HURRAY!!!!!!

Myanmar's Ministry of Immigration and Population will begin issuing electronic visas for tourists at six additional locations, a ministry official told The Irrawaddy on Friday.

The e-visa registration, introduced on Sept 1, is currently only available to visitors entering the country through the Yangon International Airport. The ministry said that service will soon be extended to Mandalay, Naypyidaw and four overland crossings along Myanmar’s border with Thailand.

Applicants must complete an online visa form, verify that all information is correct and make a credit card payment for fees. Those approved will receive an emailed document that they can print out and present to immigration officers upon arrival.

Turnaround time averages five days, and the visa is priced at US$50 per person. After approval, travelers have 90 days to enter Myanmar, where they can stay for up to 28 days.

“We’re going to set up the machines, and we’ll conduct trials in Mandalay and Naypyidaw. Afterwards we plan to start offering e-visas in four Thai-Myanmar border stations,” said Maung Maung Than, director-general of the immigration ministry.

The government has only recently allowed overland entry into Myanmar; four checkpoints along the Thai-Myanmar border — at Myawaddy, Tachilek, Kawthaung and Htee Khee — only offered one-day passes or specially issued travel exemptions until just last year.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/e-visa-service-offered-6-additional-entry-points/

• Like 1

Yup, very good news, thanks for posting.

Has been on the cards since around April 2013 in terms of a long term plan, but now that some announcements are starting to appear it could be good to go for next year.

Still, I'll be happier once it is actually running and I'm seeing it getting used.

• 2 weeks later...

Any indication of when these new points will be added? I'm in a quandary. I've moved to Koh Samui to work. My parents are coming over for Christmas, then we are flying to Burma (entry point = Mandalay). Is there any chance that the eVisa will be set up for entry via Mandalay before the end of this month? Otherwise, I think I'll need to take time off work to go to Bangkok to get my visa...

Thanks - if that works then it's a lifesaver. Or, at the least it's a baht and time saver...

Just having a look at their website, under the "visa procedure" it seems to suggest that they are offering to basically fill in the eVisa form for you. Does that mean they can only do Yangon now? Has anyone used the company since the 1st September when these eVisas came in?

Just logged onto the eVisa site - it has been extended to Mandalay and Nay Pyi Taw airports! No need for me to take time off to go to Bangkok - phew!

YippEEE

We are pleased to announce that eVisa is now extended to Nay Pyi Taw and Mandalay International Airports. You may use your eVisa to enter Myanmar through Nay Pyi Taw and Mandalay International Airports even if you have chosen Yangon International Airport as port of entry.

• Like 1

I just tried to apply online and only three entry points were listed, and you must choose one of the three to complete the application:

Yangon, Mandalay, Naypyidaw. All airports.

Nothing about land crossings with evisas.

My sources tell me this is still some months away, as the land border areas need to be brought online with the main immigration database and this is taking some time. Kawthaung for example is still using a very simple paperwork system.

But it has been in planning for some 18 months and looks to be getting close to a solution.