treacle -golden syrup

bedbugy

Villa on Sukhumvit 33/1 has Tate and Lyle.

Patrick

I haven't seen any treacle but Villa is where I bought my T&L Golden Syrup in July.

Who was it who said "two Countries separated by a common language"?

George Bernard Shaw I think?

Anyway, to me - as a Brit - "Treacle" = T&L Golden Syrup; I may be wrong of course!

I saw T&L the last time I was in Villa 33/1 and thought maybe I should buy some for the kids - I am frankly appalled at my wifes' habit of sprinkling sugar on buttered toast for them bah.gif .

Fortunately reason took hold and I said to myself - "I don't need that drama in my life".

So I backed up an aisle or two, bought a few bottles of Chivas, and everyone's happy.

Patrick

Villa on Sukhumvit 33/1 has Tate and Lyle.

Patrick

I haven't seen any treacle but Villa is where I bought my T&L Golden Syrup in July.

Who was it who said "two Countries separated by a common language"?

George Bernard Shaw I think?

Anyway, to me - as a Brit - "Treacle" = T&L Golden Syrup; I may be wrong of course!

I saw T&L the last time I was in Villa 33/1 and thought maybe I should buy some for the kids - I am frankly appalled at my wifes' habit of sprinkling sugar on buttered toast for them bah.gif .

Fortunately reason took hold and I said to myself - "I don't need that drama in my life".

So I backed up an aisle or two, bought a few bottles of Chivas, and everyone's happy.

Patrick

This is the difference between the two.

Black treacle is thicker and heavier than golden syrup.

post-5614-0-58695000-1414479403_thumb.jp post-5614-0-77645800-1414479414_thumb.jp

• 4 years later...