Great mod for Honda CB500F owners

HughJass

When i test drove a CB500F, i was quite surprised what a "lean over" riding position it had for an upright bike (if that makes any sense).....i bet those risers are a welcome addition.....

The CB300F by contrast has only a slight "lean over" riding position.....

According to cycle-ergo.com the CB500F and CB300F have nearly the same riding position: 9 vs 8 degree lean.

The CB650F on the other hand has a completely upright riding position, same as the CB500X.

By contrast: the CBR500R has 13 degree. Both CBR300R and CBR650F have 20 degree.

btw, I have almost the same levers you have, and I hate them. Im about to take them out and put original or get something decently priced.

how do you feel about them?

I got them on ebay for 900 baht the pair.

btw, I have almost the same levers you have, and I hate them. Im about to take them out and put original or get something decently priced.

as stated the pics are from the internet of a 500F that's has had risers fitted so its not my bike

I may be interested in buying them from you if they are for sale

whats the problem with the levers in your opinion?

Edited by HughJass

When i test drove a CB500F, i was quite surprised what a "lean over" riding position it had for an upright bike (if that makes any sense).....i bet those risers are a welcome addition.....

The CB300F by contrast has only a slight "lean over" riding position.....

I am 175 tall and the riding position is quite upright for me.

Maybe you got shorter arms than me? rolleyes.gif

as stated the pics are from the internet of a 500F that's has had risers fitted so its not my bike

I may be interested in buying them from you if they are for sale

whats the problem with the levers in your opinion?

I find the levers a bit too loose and too short, I initially bought them only for my Girlfriend short hands, she likes to ride my CB500, and I teach her techniques.

the levers are handy if you have short hands. but since I got big hands, the original was no problem for me.

I'm willing to sell them for 500 baht the pair if you come pick them up (it's black color)

The seat is crap on the X and not as comfortable for taller riders.

Don't know about crap as it seems good enough for short jaunts of 200 km or less, and as I am only 1.75m tall I'll defer to the opinions of riders who exceed my height as to their precieved comfort for them.

I test rode the X first, then when I rode the F, it was instant love crush.

I agree that the X seat is not soft.

cant wait for November Motorshow to find my new affair. :D

It's softer than either the old carbed CBR150 or the Ninja 250. Both of those are torture for touring although funnily enough I liked the CBR's plank a little more. It was a bit smaller but it allowed me to shift around a lot more and relieve sore spots.