Three Russians held for shoplifting liquor from Phuket store

webfact

Three Russians held for shoplifting liquor from Phuket store
Eakkapop Thongtub

rus.jpg
A member of the store's staff identifies the three Russians with their Saturday night bottles.

PHUKET: -- Kathu police on Saturday (October 25) arrested three Russian men who allegedly stole alcohol from a Family Mart convenience store in Patong.

Kathu police were called to the store by staff who said that the trio had stolen alcohol on several occasions. They had been caught on security cameras lifting the bottles, and the staff wanted police to put an end to their activities.

On Saturday evening officers staked out the store and collared the three men – Vadim Afanasyev, Nikolay Chuvilyaev and Evgeny Balashov – when they once again came into the Family Mart on a “shopping” expedition.

Police seized two bottles of tequila and a bottle of gin from them.

All three were charged with theft.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/three-russians-held-for-shoplifting-liquor-from-phuket-store-49348.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-10-27

While in the mean time I have reported at least 10 thai staff stealing in the last 6 months with amounts up to 100 000 baht each , providing police with id card, tabian Baan and no actions taken what so ever.

Maybe the police require evidence?

• Like 1

Bit unusual that they didn't go for vodka. And they kept going back to the same store to steal more booze? No wonder the muppets were caught.

That would have been the obvious thing to do yes? they didn't just to throw of any incrementing

leads to their nationality...

Every convenience store I have been in, it is impossible to get to the spirits as they are kept with the cigarettes behind the till.

Exactly, the must have gotten round behind the counter. Would have been very obvious they were shop lifting.

3 of them and maybe 2 staff, I guess a matter of distracting the staff, getting both of them away from the counter for just a few moments.

While in the mean time I have reported at least 10 thai staff stealing in the last 6 months with amounts up to 100 000 baht each , providing police with id card, tabian Baan and no actions taken what so ever.

Yeah I hear cctv footage is not sufficient enough, apperantly an accompanying 10000 is also not enough to get off the chair

Or money, and it would help if you was Thai, cos we all know, if you are not from Thailand then you are a pain in the arse for them

Blimey, not a uniform in sight. Must be the 'stake out' crew. Is that a farang volunteer behind them?

I second the quality of the finger point. 8/10 on the FP scale. Also the police didn't rush to the scene, which again is unusual.

• Like 2

Yeah I hear cctv footage is not sufficient enough, apperantly an accompanying 10000 is also not enough to get off the chair

Been there.. suffered that.. except mine was 75000... closed the businesses, put 9 staff out of work, all Thai nationals. Bloody shame

but you cannot do business in that environment.

Hmmmm, let me think...

So what you are saying is that Thai Vs Farang for small money, arrested.

Farang Vs Thai for large money, not investigated. Even when incentive was offered.

NOOOOOOOO!!! I not believe !!!!

All I can say is "This not your country!!!"

bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gifsick.gif.pagespeed.ce.7UlLjh9UKR.gif

What ever happened to things like responsibility, accountability, equality.

Welcome to Thailand......

Been there.. suffered that.. except mine was 75000... closed the businesses, put 9 staff out of work, all Thai nationals. Bloody shame

but you cannot do business in that environment.

Yeah similar story, but I only put 5 of them out of work....

Hmmmm, let me think...

Farang Vs Thai for large money, not investigated. Even when incentive was offered.

I am sorry, i am little slow today, so may be you can explain to me what does this not being my country have to do with police doing their job?

You could also point out for me some rules, where it states Thai can steal but foreigners can not.

And thirdly when i pay more tax in one month than large majority of Thai in their life time, i would say it is my country.

Might come to you as a shock but not all expats are living off their pensions, a large number actually work or own businesses and contribute to economy by far more than the majority of Thai in terms of paying taxes

What you believe or do not believe, to be honest, i could not care less, but all i could say is Welcome to real world, not the virtual onethumbsup.gif

Hmmmm, let me think...

I am sorry, i am little slow today, so may be you can explain to me what does this not being my country have to do with police doing their job?

You could also point out for me some rules, where it states Thai can steal but foreigners can not.

And thirdly when i pay more tax in one month than large majority of Thai in their life time, i would say it is my country.

Might come to you as a shock but not all expats are living off their pensions, a large number actually work or own businesses and contribute to economy by far more than the majority of Thai in terms of paying taxes

What you believe or do not believe, to be honest, i could not care less, but all i could say is Welcome to real world, not the virtual one

I have answered your questions point by point (because you asked), trying not to go into to great a detail and hijack the thread :

You are not Thai AND NEVER WILL BE

They are Thai and you are not, it is Thailand, not your country. A dog in Thailand has more rights than you, it is Thai. I could explain that one in more detail, but if you REALLY want to know PM me.

WRONG!!! And SO??? Tax in this country (believe it or not) is irrelevant, it will NEVER be your country, you are not Thai you are farang (I assume!!) Only stupid or VERY wealthy Thais pay tax!!

Might come to you as a shock but not all expats are living off their pensions, a large number actually work or own businesses and contribute to economy by far more than the majority of Thai in terms of paying taxes.

And what makes you think I am? I had a coffee shop in Kata, Phuket for 4 years and had to shut it down simply because the staff were pocketing all (a lot of) the money. It did not matter what I did for them, how much I paid them, what bonuses I offered, What security I installed, I could not be there 24/7. I still work, on oil rigs. I lost a long time GF over it, and in hindsight backed the wrong side. I was looking for equality for the staff she was looking to go the other way...

What you believe or do not believe, to be honest, i could not care less, but all i could say is Welcome to real world, not the virtual one

Well what you believe is the real world is not Thailand, why do you think it has cost you so much and why can't you understand why and what is going on. ALL the rules you thought applied to people (equality and fair play) have just gone out the door. YOU ARE NOT THAI!!

SORRY FOR BEING SYMPATHETIC...... (and getting the 3rd degree).

You will learn, if you haven't already, the hard way. There is an old saying over here "Do you know how to make a million Baht in Thailand?.... Start with 3 Million!!"

thumbsup.gif Chock Dee.....

Every convenience store I have been in, it is impossible to get to the spirits as they are kept with the cigarettes behind the till.

Hopefully we'll see a cctv video (with Benny Hill music on background) of these three champions trying to get the spirits. One drunk trying to get the staff attention while two sneak behind the counter to get the bottles. Smooth as sandpaper.