Knife-wielding man robs Phuket 7-11 store

webfact

Knife-wielding man robs Phuket 7-11 store
Eakkapop Thongtub

7.jpg
CCTV footage shows the robbery in progress

PHUKET: -- Police are looking for a man who robbed a 7-11 store on Wichitsongkram Rd in Klong Bang Yai in the early hours of yesterday morning (Oct 26).

Described as a skinny man measuring between 165 and 170 tall, the robber entered the store at 3.30am and threatened one of the employees with a knife before escaping with B21,000 in cash.

The 7-11 employee, Thanit Kittayapipat, 20, told police the man entered the store while he was stocking shelves.
“The robber was holding a kitchen knife. He used a blue shirt to conceal his face and was wearing white gloves,” said Thanit.

“At first I told him that I couldn't open the tills but he threatened me with the knife and said he would stab me,” said the employee.

The robber spoke Thai with a Burmese accent, the employee told police.

After reviewing CCTV footage, police have concurred that a tall man in his thirties fitting the suspect's description was filmed making his way to the store from the direction of the nearby Big C superstore. However, he had concealed his face before entering the store.

Investigating officers expressed their surprise that the recent shooting by police of a suspected serial 7-11 thief earlier this month had not put off other wound-be robbers.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-robs-phuket-7-11-with-kitchen-knife-49352.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-10-27