Phuket Immigration tightens visitor notification rules

webfact

LivinginKata, on 29 Oct 2014 - 20:12, said:
Faz, on 29 Oct 2014 - 20:04, said:
simon43, on 29 Oct 2014 - 16:59, said:

simon43, on 29 Oct 2014 - 16:59, said:

Having recently opened another guesthouse, I visited immigration to register for a user name and password to report guest details online, (I already completed this procedure a few years ago for my other hotels).

But the immigration office who handles these registrations refused to accept my personal registration and told me that the application now had to be completed online.

Here's the registration webpage:

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG

Now I have tested this webpage in several different browsers, and I have to ask

"where is the form submit button?"

'cos it don't appear on my browsers, and it is not an 'auto-submit' form either that submits to the processing script when you press your carriage return key.

I'm stuck! Can anyone manage to get a form submit button to appear???

(Right now, I am emailing guest details to the immigration office, as required by the rules. But I am pretty sure that these details are not being added manually to their database).

Hi Simon, I get 3 buttons to select top right hand corner.

Record /Cancelled / Out

Just guessing 'Record' is to submit and register your guests.

'Out' is when they leave and check out.

'Cancelled' ???

Have to use Explorer 7 or 8. Any other browser does not work. It's quite tricky as all in Thai, butI can register guests on-line OK. You have to input each guest (bottom of page button, then when all guets for that day enter, press the record button at the top right.

Yep! I use Explorer 8.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thongsuknork, on 29 Oct 2014 - 23:09, said:

what if we have our own home should we notify the same to immigration

If your a foreigner, then Yes.

You should complete the TM30 form as the home owner. Take copies of your Tabian Ban and Passport pages as proof of ID.

You only need to complete this form once, unless you sell and repurchase.

As the homeowner you have complied with the Act.

As a foreigner you will regularly report your address every 12 months for extensions of stay on the TM7 form, and confirm your address every 90 days on the TM47 form.

Hi Simon, I get 3 buttons to select top right hand corner.

Record /Cancelled / Out

Just guessing 'Record' is to submit and register your guests.

'Out' is when they leave and check out.

'Cancelled' ??? Mmmmm, if they cancelled you wouldn't 'record' their stay. Ah! It's to confuse you facepalm.gif

These are the buttons Faz is talking about (translation from thai2english.com):

post-21260-0-02126700-1414662397_thumb.g

บันทึก (record): transmits the data to the server of the immigration office

ยกเลิก (cancel): clears the data you entered in the online form

ออก (out): closes (exits) the the web page

Have to use Explorer 7 or 8. Any other browser does not work. It's quite tricky as all in Thai...

On my screen, the online form is Thai and English, the button labels are only Thai.

attachicon.gifTM.30 online bilingual.gif

True enough, but any default answers are only in Thai. The log-in is all in Thai. I can tell you it's a pain to use this web site if you don't read Thai.

My landlord just called me to say she was at the immigration office in Phuket town ( with the TM30 filled in) and now they want copies of the passports, TM cards, and visa of the "aliens" to go with it.facepalm.gifShe said there's no mention of this anywhere in the office , nothing written in Thai. Anyway, just to let you all know and be better prepared. Oh and one last thing, I've been living in this house for 17 years so they already have 17 years worth of papers on me laugh.png .It's a wonder this island doesn't sink under all this paper!

• Like 1

Goldieinkathu, on 04 Nov 2014 - 11:32, said:

My landlord just called me to say she was at the immigration office in Phuket town ( with the TM30 filled in) and now they want copies of the passports, TM cards, and visa of the "aliens" to go with it.facepalm.gifShe said there's no mention of this anywhere in the office , nothing written in Thai. Anyway, just to let you all know and be better prepared. Oh and one last thing, I've been living in this house for 17 years so they already have 17 years worth of papers on me laugh.png .It's a wonder this island doesn't sink under all this paper!

That makes sense!

Just as you would supply copies of your landlords ID card, tabian ban and rental agreement to go with your extension application.

Even though Immigration have 17 years of your papers, you don't really expect them to put 2+2 together, do you?.............that would make 5 facepalm.gif

Goldieinkathu, on 04 Nov 2014 - 11:32, said:

That makes sense!

Just as you would supply copies of your landlords ID card, tabian ban and rental agreement to go with your extension application.

Even though Immigration have 17 years of your papers, you don't really expect them to put 2+2 together, do you?.............that would make 5 facepalm.gif

The reason she/I was surprised was that the TM30 form already asks for passport no, point of entry, arrival card, relationship,visa etc. Nowhere does it mention additional documentation or copies.

It would be nice if immigration stopped wasting everyone's time and wrote exactly what they do want. It could be written in Thai as this form concerns only Thai's.

She was kind enough to take a morning off from work to go sort this out and now she has to do it all again tomorrow.

Hi Maestro (and others).

Yes, I read Thai fine, and already submit guest registrations using the online form for 2 of my hotels.

But U'm trying to register the 3rd little hotel for a username and password.

That 'new registration' form (not the guest registration form), lacks a submit form button, (regardless of what browser I use), and the chaps in the immigration office who manage these registrations refuse to accept a new registration in person, insisting that I register online!!

Maybe I'll mirror their form on my own server, add a snippet of code to complete the HTML form submit and see what happens..... (but I do need to know the form action =URL address...)

(but I do need to know the form action =URL address...)

In chrome, pressing ctrl+shift+i will bring you a developer console. Open the network tab and try submitting the form one time. The network traffic, including the URL will be shown in the console. Works even with https. Firefox has a similar console.

EDIT: oh yeah the submit button was missing .. if the action is buried in javascript, your option is to load the html form into an iframe and submit the form from another iframe via javascript. Gets a bit technical. Have you already checked the form-tag in the html ?

EDIT2: Yes it's in the form tag. And it holds a jsessionid, which can be a cookie as well. You may need a valid session to be able to log in.

Edited by DrTuner

Goldieinkathu, on 04 Nov 2014 - 13:13, said:
Faz, on 04 Nov 2014 - 12:39, said:
Goldieinkathu, on 04 Nov 2014 - 11:32, said:Goldieinkathu, on 04 Nov 2014 - 11:32, said:

That makes sense!

The reason she/I was surprised was that the TM30 form already asks for passport no, point of entry, arrival card, relationship,visa etc. Nowhere does it mention additional documentation or copies.

It would be nice if immigration stopped wasting everyone's time and wrote exactly what they do want. It could be written in Thai as this form concerns only Thai's.

She was kind enough to take a morning off from work to go sort this out and now she has to do it all again tomorrow.

Firstly thanks for posting your experience and the documents requested by Immigration with the TM30 form.

Secondly, your landlord (or you) can post the documents to Immigration, just the same as a 90 day report.

I certainly wouldn't take more time from work.

(but I do need to know the form action =URL address...)

In chrome, pressing ctrl+shift+i will bring you a developer console. Open the network tab and try submitting the form one time. The network traffic, including the URL will be shown in the console. Works even with https. Firefox has a similar console.

EDIT: oh yeah the submit button was missing .. if the action is buried in javascript, your option is to load the html form into an iframe and submit the form from another iframe via javascript. Gets a bit technical. Have you already checked the form-tag in the html ?

EDIT2: Yes it's in the form tag. And it holds a jsessionid, which can be a cookie as well. You may need a valid session to be able to log in.

Checked the javascript, the button บันทึก, the floppy disk, is the "submit" button. It calls submitForm with the parameter set to save, which will then validate the input fields, turning the ones with non-valid info red and requiring the user to correct the input, passing this it'll check if the user is trying to print the form out (The button for that does seem to be missing), if not, tries to submit the form. I guess this is not happening ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've lived here for eight years and didn't know about this until I read about the crackdown in Phuket. I live in my ex-wifes condo (rent free - no paper work), I put my address on my immigration card (I go back to the UK occasionally for a holiday) do my yearly extension and 90 day reporting religiously, and this has never been mentioned. I use my 3BB bill to confirm my address.

My ex lives in the UK when she comes over next if she fills in the TM30 and takes it to Pattaya Immigration will she still be fined. Its 17 months since I last arrived and 5 months since my last extension (retirement). If she gets fined will it still be 800 or 1600 Baht..

Edited by roger101

My landlord just called me to say she was at the immigration office in Phuket town ( with the TM30 filled in) and now they want copies of the passports, TM cards, and visa of the "aliens" to go with it.:facepalm:She said there's no mention of this anywhere in the office , nothing written in Thai. Anyway, just to let you all know and be better prepared. Oh and one last thing, I've been living in this house for 17 years so they already have 17 years worth of papers on me laugh.png .It's a wonder this island doesn't sink under all this paper!

Thailand getting more like India now a days...lol

I've lived here for eight years and didn't know about this until I read about the crackdown in Phuket. I live in my ex-wifes condo (rent free - no paper work), I put my address on my immigration card (I go back to the UK occasionally for a holiday) do my yearly extension and 90 day reporting religiously, and this has never been mentioned. I use my 3BB bill to confirm my address.

My ex lives in the UK when she comes over next if she fills in the TM30 and takes it to Pattaya Immigration will she still be fined. Its 17 months since I last arrived and 5 months since my last extension (retirement). If she gets fined will it still be 800 or 1600 Baht..

There is no 'crackdown'. Simply a putsch to top up lost revenue via visa agents who must share their fee, due to the perception the junta gives a crap.

Went to immigration today for a visa extension, without the documentation now attached to my passport they would not have issued it.The form MUST be completed before they will give all extensions.

There was no fine when my landlady took the TM30 last week even though I'd lived in the house for the past 17 years and never completed it before.

My landlord just called me to say she was at the immigration office in Phuket town ( with the TM30 filled in) and now they want copies of the passports, TM cards, and visa of the "aliens" to go with it.:facepalm:She said there's no mention of this anywhere in the office , nothing written in Thai. Anyway, just to let you all know and be better prepared. Oh and one last thing, I've been living in this house for 17 years so they already have 17 years worth of papers on me laugh.png .It's a wonder this island doesn't sink under all this paper!

Thailand getting more like India now a days...lol

"Thailand getting more like India now a days...lol" - I was thinking more like North Korea. biggrin.png

Went to immigration today for a visa extension, without the documentation now attached to my passport they would not have issued it.The form MUST be completed before they will give all extensions.

There was no fine when my landlady took the TM30 last week even though I'd lived in the house for the past 17 years and never completed it before.

"There was no fine when my landlady took the TM30 last week even though I'd lived in the house for the past 17 years and never completed it before." - mmmm, wonder if she will be getting a visit from the taxman, in the future?

This is quite confusing. One of our guests applied for his month extension on tourist visa down at Patong Immigration. He had all our prepared documention in his pocket. Nothing asked and he watched to see if the officer made any checks on the computer - nothing. Month extension issued.

This is quite confusing. One of our guests applied for his month extension on tourist visa down at Patong Immigration. He had all our prepared documention in his pocket. Nothing asked and he watched to see if the officer made any checks on the computer - nothing. Month extension issued.

I don't think "month" extensions are what they are talking about, it's longer extensions I think.My mistake, I shouldn't have said "all".

I don't think "month" extensions are what they are talking about, it's longer extensions I think.My mistake, I shouldn't have said "all".

The address registration is currently only checked when applying for a long stay extension.

"There was no fine when my landlady took the TM30 last week even though I'd lived in the house for the past 17 years and never completed it before." - mmmm, wonder if she will be getting a visit from the taxman, in the future?

I guess it's possible. But tax is already paid on the 30 year lease every year so I can't see why she should.Plus the new land tax starts next year, how many times can they tax the same transaction facepalm.gif . Maybe I should just pay all my income to the tax office every month and eat grass laugh.png