Phuket teen confesses to bashing American man on beach

webfact

Why do these dunderhead local sims always come up with the most preposterous excuse possible? It is true that those with a minimal IQ assume that everyone else is a dim as they are.

I find the excuse 'I approached him to help, he was afraid of being robbed and tried to hit me so in stead I hit him' very believable. Even more so when the guy was high on something, which seems very likely.

The picture itself is compelling evidence the beach is not littered with convenient pieces of drift wood don't you agree? i mean we have over 50 sqr meters in this picture with not a twig in sight, so i and most people on here can safely assume the beach i pretty much void of wood. Now would you not agree long pieces of wood are part of a shallow water fishing net set up? I doooooooo

• Like 1

thailand makes me more despondent by the day ..I have wasted so much of my life here putting up with so much garbage in this place..it gets worse by the day

I really am starting to hate this placesad.png

So what would it take for you to leave? I have to admit I came to the conclusion that Thailand isn't a place for Foreigners or Tourists and so did the only sensible thing... I left and I can tell you I feel all the better for it.

• Like 1

...always some bullsh*t excuse or justification to <deleted> a foreigner.....

...Example:..'he would not stop singing'.........etc..etc.etc.....

....the foreigner was outnumbered anyway....

...and for good measure.....suggest he was drunk too.......

Why would he voluntarily hand himself in to the police? If it was an opportunist crime I don't think he would have done that. Probably did happen like he said. Maybe he had the bit of wood in the first place and used it when the victim got aggressive. Who knows.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Actually, and I can't believe I'm saying this, this story rings true to me. I think it is entirely believable that a young falang with pockets full of drugs would get the wrong idea and go on the attach. There really are good Thai people who try to help even falang when in trouble.

• Like 2

Sorry, I forgot, this is the TVF, so the foreigner, in this case even a farang, must be the totally blameless victim of a crime by the evil Thai men.

Why is it every time I open a thread on TV I see you trolling it?

Please put me on your ignore list, so you will always only here the evil Thai story.

• Like 2

Its a natural reaction. Every-time I walk on the beach I often pick up a stick to defend myself against the locals who I presume are there to beat me ………. what a load of cock - how these people concoct such stories is beyond me. Little bastard will be out on bail soon I expect.

• Like 2

Sorry, I forgot, this is the TVF, so the foreigner, in this case even a farang, must be the totally blameless victim of a crime by the evil Thai men and be defended at all cost.

Clutching at straws mate.

With what?

Can anyone else smell bullshit?

An independent drug test of the American's blood would be interesting.

It would either strengthen, or seriously weaken, their drug possession case.

why ? you don't have to use it to sell it. This man was obviously not the quality tourist that Thailand was hoping for. I believe the Thai man,why else would he turn himself in, it was dark, no witnesses the likely hood of him getting caught was slim to zero.

• Like 1

thailand makes me more despondent by the day ..I have wasted so much of my life here putting up with so much garbage in this place..it gets worse by the day

I really am starting to hate this placesad.png

So what would it take for you to leave? I have to admit I came to the conclusion that Thailand isn't a place for Foreigners or Tourists and so did the only sensible thing... I left and I can tell you I feel all the better for it.

I don't even know you and i feel better as well

• Like 2

Sorry, I forgot, this is the TVF, so the foreigner, in this case even a farang, must be the totally blameless victim of a crime by the evil Thai men and be defended at all cost.

Clutching at straws mate.

With what?

OK so lets look at what we can make out from this picture. The foreigner got stuck in the sand so Kitti and his relatives went to help him get out of the sand. Well yes we can see the bike is stuck in the sand however can any of you see any other convenient pieces of wood at all in this picture? I would say this picture covers an area of 50 sqr meters and not even another twig in sight. The foreigner, presumably leaping to the conclusion that he was about to be robbed, grabbed a piece of wood and tried to hit Kitti with it. Hmmm sorry not for me old chaps, complete fabrication. The piece of wood in question had to be part of the tools needs for holding fishing nets and thus we can safely assume that it was indeed the Thai who brought the wood to the scene. This could have been used to try and free the bike from the sand however in this scenario why would the Thai lad twist the story? Simple he is guilty of assault and his advisers who told him to use this story are as thick as two short planks.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Like 2

Its a natural reaction. Every-time I walk on the beach I often pick up a stick to defend myself against the locals who I presume are there to beat me ………. what a load of cock - how these people concoct such stories is beyond me. Little bastard will be out on bail soon I expect.

Not likely, he would still have a problem regarding the drugs in his possession ;)

• Like 1

OK so lets look at what we can make out from this picture. The foreigner got stuck in the sand so Kitti and his relatives went to help him get out of the sand. Well yes we can see the bike is stuck in the sand however can any of you see any other convenient pieces of wood at all in this picture? I would say this picture covers an area of 50 sqr meters and not even another twig in sight. The foreigner, presumably leaping to the conclusion that he was about to be robbed, grabbed a piece of wood and tried to hit Kitti with it. Hmmm sorry not for me old chaps, complete fabrication. The piece of wood in question had to be part of the tools needs for holding fishing nets and thus we can safely assume that it was indeed the Thai who brought the wood to the scene. This could have been used to try and free the bike from the sand however in this scenario why would the Thai lad twist the story? Simple he is guilty of assault and his advisers who told him to use this story are as thick as two short planks.

Sure he could be guilty of assault, but his explanation is very plausible. I don't know what happened, and am not drawing any conclusions of what happened like many are here, in spite of a lack of knowledge of the beach or a photo.

I can go to that piece of sand now, be back behind my computer in 10 minutes, and take a few pieces of wood from that stretch of the beach that are easily big enough to bash his head in.

Seriously, it is getting ridiculous. I know we're all focusing on this because of the Koh Tao case but does it seem to be happening more and more often? Is this the sign of the tourism money running low so more and more people are finding it hard to make ends meet? Is there an increase in anger towards foreigners or is it just our perception and the increased media awareness?

Whatever it is this is not going to help TAT's case.

There is no increase in anger towards foreigners. It has always been at this level.cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Don't be ignorant. The foreigners view is always the last view to be fairly shared in Thailand. TVF is an open platform for just that. The reason the views are often pro-foreigners and reflect negatively against Thais, is because almost 100% of Thai media outlets do the exact same thing to non-Thais - and it's bullshit. Thai prosecution is almost always in favour of the locals. Foreigners are almost always portrayed as over-weight, beer guzzling, whore mongers. Is it true... sometimes smile.png, but I digress. What you read here isn't about the "evil Thai men", it's about shedding light on the 'mysterious' crimes against foreigners that so often come up, but the evidence rarely equates. Furthermore, there is never any investigative journalism to find the hard truth. Honest and efficient policing would solve many of the frustrations expressed on this forum. Unfortunately, policing in Thailand, more often than not, proves to be corrupt - and has nothing to do with honest efficiency.

I disagree regarding 'the foreigners view is the last view to be fairly shared', I disagree that TVF is a platform just for that, I disagree with the reasons the views are pro foreigners and I disagree with the rest of your post except for the quality of the journalism here and the complete lack of investigative journalism.