Phuket teen confesses to bashing American man on beach

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

OK so lets look at what we can make out from this picture. The foreigner got stuck in the sand so Kitti and his relatives went to help him get out of the sand. Well yes we can see the bike is stuck in the sand however can any of you see any other convenient pieces of wood at all in this picture? I would say this picture covers an area of 50 sqr meters and not even another twig in sight. The foreigner, presumably leaping to the conclusion that he was about to be robbed, grabbed a piece of wood and tried to hit Kitti with it. Hmmm sorry not for me old chaps, complete fabrication. The piece of wood in question had to be part of the tools needs for holding fishing nets and thus we can safely assume that it was indeed the Thai who brought the wood to the scene. This could have been used to try and free the bike from the sand however in this scenario why would the Thai lad twist the story? Simple he is guilty of assault and his advisers who told him to use this story are as thick as two short planks.

Sure he could be guilty of assault, but his explanation is very plausible. I don't know what happened, and am not drawing any conclusions of what happened like many are here, in spite of a lack of knowledge of the beach or a photo.

I can go to that piece of sand now, be back behind my computer in 10 minutes, and take a few pieces of wood from that stretch of the beach that are easily big enough to bash his head in.

Off you go then, waiting for the pics as well, see you in 10....

Oz

• Like 2

I cant see thai people putting drugs into his pocket. they would want for themselves. also why was the motorcycle not stolen?

The police have got lots of loose gear laying around. No, I think the story is true enough except for the self defense part. I think they just saw a chance to beat up a farang and did it. The planted drugs or whatnot is just to make sure the Thai stays out of trouble.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

OK so lets look at what we can make out from this picture. The foreigner got stuck in the sand so Kitti and his relatives went to help him get out of the sand. Well yes we can see the bike is stuck in the sand however can any of you see any other convenient pieces of wood at all in this picture? I would say this picture covers an area of 50 sqr meters and not even another twig in sight. The foreigner, presumably leaping to the conclusion that he was about to be robbed, grabbed a piece of wood and tried to hit Kitti with it. Hmmm sorry not for me old chaps, complete fabrication. The piece of wood in question had to be part of the tools needs for holding fishing nets and thus we can safely assume that it was indeed the Thai who brought the wood to the scene. This could have been used to try and free the bike from the sand however in this scenario why would the Thai lad twist the story? Simple he is guilty of assault and his advisers who told him to use this story are as thick as two short planks.

Sure he could be guilty of assault, but his explanation is very plausible. I don't know what happened, and am not drawing any conclusions of what happened like many are here, in spite of a lack of knowledge of the beach or a photo.

I can go to that piece of sand now, be back behind my computer in 10 minutes, and take a few pieces of wood from that stretch of the beach that are easily big enough to bash his head in.

Oz

Why would I do that, the simple fact is that it is easily possible.

Opinions like 'I can clearly see 50 sqm of sand on that photo and there is no wood so his story is BS', sorry, are just what they claim the Thai guy is doing, telling BS.

Its a natural reaction. Every-time I walk on the beach I often pick up a stick to defend myself against the locals who I presume are there to beat me ………. what a load of cock - how these people concoct such stories is beyond me. Little bastard will be out on bail soon I expect.

I often carried a stick and a few rocks on the beach to ward off the Soi dogs that like to congregate on the beach at night.

• Like 1

Sorry, I forgot, this is the TVF, so the foreigner, in this case even a farang, must be the totally blameless victim of a crime by the evil Thai men and be defended at all cost.

Don't be ignorant. The foreigners view is always the last view to be fairly shared in Thailand. TVF is an open platform for just that. The reason the views are often pro-foreigners and reflect negatively against Thais, is because almost 100% of Thai media outlets do the exact same thing to non-Thais - and it's bullshit. Thai prosecution is almost always in favour of the locals. Foreigners are almost always portrayed as over-weight, beer guzzling, whore mongers. Is it true... sometimes smile.png, but I digress. What you read here isn't about the "evil Thai men", it's about shedding light on the 'mysterious' crimes against foreigners that so often come up, but the evidence rarely equates. Furthermore, there is never any investigative journalism to find the hard truth. Honest and efficient policing would solve many of the frustrations expressed on this forum. Unfortunately, policing in Thailand, more often than not, proves to be corrupt - and has nothing to do with honest efficiency.

Every time I post anything even slightly derogatory against foreigners here on TV, it seems that the posts are very quickly deleted. Even faster if they happen to mention Israelis. Let's see how long this post lasts. 3,,2,,1,,

Oz

Why would I do that, the simple fact is that it is easily possible.

Opinions like 'I can clearly see 50 sqm of sand on that photo and there is no wood so his story is BS', sorry, are just what they claim the Thai guy is doing, telling BS.

• Like 1

Sorry, I forgot, this is the TVF, so the foreigner, in this case even a farang, must be the totally blameless victim of a crime by the evil Thai men and be defended at all cost.

That is nonsense, in the case of the old guy who got his arm broken by a Thai "parking attendant", a lot of the posters directly blamed the foreign victim for not paying up what turned out to be little more than extortion money.

If you like to be right, I suggest this: TVF is extremely polarized, it is always either 100% the Thai at fault (and then, generally the entire nation) or 100% the foreigner's fault (as well as the evil cousins: NEVER the Thai's fault (coincidentally this is the only correct use of "Thai's", regardless of how much disdain posters on TV have for proper plurals) or NEVER the foreigner's fault). Possibly because of calcified brain structures that only allow one or the other, but never a shade in between.

In this case, I find it hard not to at least feel pity for the person who was left comatose and bleeding in the open, by a larger group of people who apparently did not care a bit whether he would live or die there - not a single one of them, did they continue their work afterwards or did they all run? Had it been a group of tourists who beat up a Thai passerby, I would be surprised if the outcome would be different.

Well that started off a bit too aggressive, so for "That is nonsense" please read "That is not universally correct". thumbsup.gif

Also, "If you like to be right" is of course still my personal view and opinion, under no circumstances can I claim to be an expert authority on what is right all the time. rolleyes.gif

Why do these dunderhead local sims always come up with the most preposterous excuse possible? It is true that those with a minimal IQ assume that everyone else is a dim as they are.

while behavior tends to be erratic there in much uniformity to be found in iq

Why do these dunderhead local sims always come up with the most preposterous excuse possible? It is true that those with a minimal IQ assume that everyone else is a dim as they are.

Why do I always come up with the most preposterous excuse possible. It is true that I with a minimal IQ assume that everyone else is as dim as I am. More true?

Seriously, it is getting ridiculous. I know we're all focusing on this because of the Koh Tao case but does it seem to be happening more and more often? Is this the sign of the tourism money running low so more and more people are finding it hard to make ends meet? Is there an increase in anger towards foreigners or is it just our perception and the increased media awareness?

Whatever it is this is not going to help TAT's case

I'm still trying to figure out if they are aware of having a case except manipulating tourist arrivals.

thailand makes me more despondent by the day ..I have wasted so much of my life here putting up with so much garbage in this place..it gets worse by the day

I really am starting to hate this placesad.png

So what would it take for you to leave? I have to admit I came to the conclusion that Thailand isn't a place for Foreigners or Tourists and so did the only sensible thing... I left and I can tell you I feel all the better for it.

Suffinator you are insufferable you obviously can't leave mentally or you wouldn't be on every thread telling everyone else to leave.

The attacker said the American was drunk. It makes me wonder how people are jumping from this statement (which may or may not be true) and assuming he was drugged up as well? As they say, when you "assume" something, you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me" Let's wait for the tox screen results, we know the RTP are the epithamy of professionalism so we know they would have had blood tests done, right?

Look in general if we see a drunken man spouting of and being a nuisance the vast majority of people will ignore him or tell him to go away. If there are a few of you and he gets rowdy, a little extra persuasion is sometimes necessary it is called proportionate actions. One skinny drunken man getting stuck in the sand to me would be quite a spectacle and if i say so quite amusing. Now irrespective of what he has said, putting the man in a comma is not proportionate to the situation these Thai lads may have encountered with this skinny drunken man on the beach. This is the problem here these idiots will try and kill you over nothing.

Agree with you, although I think your last line is overdone.

As I said earlier, it would not even surprise me if he tried to rob the foreigner. But his story is plausible, and the jumping to conclusions here on the forum is simply ludicrous. And the arguments for those conclusions are even more ridiculous.

thailand makes me more despondent by the day ..I have wasted so much of my life here putting up with so much garbage in this place..it gets worse by the day

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

what an idiotic reply, get another chang dude.

if the time does not fit the crime, it will continue to happen time and time again, beat, stab, rob, kill a tourist no problem slap on the wrist small fine there is nothing to scare these people from committing crimes.

• Like 2

Thailand is getting worse , nothing to do with social media. It's the use of drugs, they have more money to spend on drugs & the more the more money they get the more they want to get

their drugs. Life is cheap in Thailand & make no mistake, the low life Falang has no value other than what they have in their wallet.

• Like 1

i reached that same feeling a couple of yrs ago mate, but i have a wonderful child to my Thai wife and the wife's family who are fantastic. so it looks like i'm here till the end, later rather than sooner i hope.. but we are getting out of the tourist trap and hopefully to a quieter side of life.

He hit the guy in the head with a log while he is down, and calls it self-defense? Used to be the Philippines was dangerous, but these days Thailand has surely taken over that notorious honor.

... and why did he not just leave the tourist if he started getting aggressive? He could have just left him to his own devices. Why confront him?

• Like 2

Look in general if we see a drunken man spouting of and being a nuisance the vast majority of people will ignore him or tell him to go away. If there are a few of you and he gets rowdy, a little extra persuasion is sometimes necessary it is called proportionate actions. One skinny drunken man getting stuck in the sand to me would be quite a spectacle and if i say so quite amusing. Now irrespective of what he has said, putting the man in a comma is not proportionate to the situation these Thai lads may have encountered with this skinny drunken man on the beach. This is the problem here these idiots will try and kill you over nothing.

Agree with you, although I think your last line is overdone.

As I said earlier, it would not even surprise me if he tried to rob the foreigner. But his story is plausible, and the jumping to conclusions here on the forum is simply ludicrous. And the arguments for those conclusions are even more ridiculous.

German Bar Owner Murdered On Koh Samui Island

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/753359-german-bar-owner-murdered-on-koh-samui-island/

no reason

British Resident suffers broken arm over 40 baht parking fee

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765980-british-resident-suffers-broken-arm-over-40-baht-parking-fee-in-central-pattaya/page-16

no reason

and almost every month, countless unreported cases.

Soi 22, motorcycle drivers beat and killed an intoxicated patron leaving the bars at Queen's Park Plaza for bumping into their bikes. (never reported)

etc. etc... etc..

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai

"When he does recover he is likely to face questioning not only about the beating but also about hashish, methamphetamine pills and crystal meth allegedly found in his pockets."

Obviously planted while he was unconscious cheesy.gif

Why jump to that conclusion - if he was daft enough to drive a motorbike on the beach he must have been high on something. It would not be that unusual to find a foreign tourist with drugs on his person.

• Like 2