BREAKING: ‘Bomb’ found on Phuket beach

Lite Beer

BREAKING: ‘Bomb’ found on Phuket beach

Nattha Thepbamrung

1414474167_1-org.jpg

Phuket's bomb disposal team are well equipped. Phuket News file photo

PHUKET: A suspected bomb found on a beach at Cape Panwa, near Soi Ruamjai, is currently being examined by Phuket’s Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team.

Pol Lt Col Ampol Janthakul, Deputy Superintendent of Wichit Police Station told The Phuket News this morning that the device was found on the shore and was believed to have floated there from the sea.

He said that it was spherical in shape, wrapped in black plastic tape and placed inside a plastic can.

“The EOD team is already on the scene checking its condition, safety and type,” he said.

More details as we get them.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/breaking-%E2%80%98bomb%E2%80%99-found-on-phuket-beach-49371.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-10-28

Here we go.....

I was waiting for this to happen.

Muslim insurgents shifting to undermine Thailand's tourist industry while it is at an all time low in a 'kick em when they're down' campaign.

Or possibly disgruntled evicted beach business owners.

Or possibly a contrived dog and pony show for the media to show the world that Thailand is the hub of protecting tourists.

It could be anyone's guess.

Mind you, strange to attack from the sea. Shouldn't the navy be handling this? :)

Edited by RustBucket
  • Like 1

how is a box that floated in from the sea even remotely viewed as an explosive device..this place is insane , they better check it for Ebola at the same time

My thoughts as well.

Phuket news these days. "I farted. I must make a story about this magnificent event. Hmm, what picture should I add to the story?"

This one?

96580_Papel-de-Parede-Explosao--96580_16

Or would this one be better?

198611.jpg

Here we go.....

Muslim insurgents shifting to undermine Thailand's tourist industry while it is at an all time low in a 'kick em when they're down' campaign.

Or possibly a contrived dog and pony show for the media to show the world that Thailand is the hub of protecting tourists.

Mind you, strange to attack from the sea. Shouldn't the navy be handling this? smile.png

Many options if it is a bomb. Did you ever consider it is not a bomb? That seems far more likely than any of your explanations.

trust you to ruin the fun

Here we go.....

Mind you, strange to attack from the sea. Shouldn't the navy be handling this? smile.png

Many options if it is a bomb. Did you ever consider it is not a bomb? That seems far more likely than any of your explanations.

Unfortunately some people really think a story like this is fun.

• Like 1

Here we go.....

conspiracy theory

Here we go.....

Why is the first option unlikely? There have already been a bomb in Phuket, it was just not reported in Thailand. But I agree let them find out if its a bomb, because the way they describe how it got on the beach sounds as incredible as any fairy tale I can think of.

how is a box that floated in from the sea even remotely viewed as an explosive device..this place is insane , they better check it for Ebola at the same time

Looks in mighty pristine condition for a box that has been in the sea - a re-enactment might show the disintegration of a cardboard box that has been bobbing in the sea as it floated to shore giggle.gif