Nok Air flight aborted during takeoff from Phuket

webfact

Nok Air probably doesn't have a lot of cash sitting around to apply to refunds.

I remember the Thai CEO (Of course no Foreigners allowed to run anything) said "First thing you gotta do when you start an airline is to fill the plane with pretty girls". I like the pretty girls but I prefer quality and safety above all else when it comes to flying hence I dont and never will fly Nok.

Aborted takeoffs happens quite a lot so no need for the passengers to get worried. If the pilots receive an error message of some kind during takeoff its a normal procedure to hit the brakes before reaching V4( point of no return . ) . Boeing 737-800 are probably one of the most safest planes to fly.

. A lot of their planes are quite old though, i flew to udon once with nok and never again, old dirty plane

Maybe they look old on the inside but as you probably already know , all Boeing aircrafts flying anywhere in the world must follow the standard international maintenance program and parts will always be replaced when they are too old. Boeing would never allow any airline to buy or lease one of their planes if they did not follow their requirements.

Edited by balo

It is plausible that during take off when the plane gathers speed and the pilot notices that the engine begins to splutter ...... this will cause an abort take off.

The plane would require a quick maintenance check such as cleaning the spark plugs & cleaning the air filter then it should be back in business..... cowboy.gif

LOL, funniest response of the whole thread!

"A Nok Air officer at Phuket International Airport told The Phuket News she could not say what had caused the pilot to abort the take off."

Anything to do with the malfunction of the brakes?????

Nope, he tested them and they worked fine.

It is plausible that during take off when the plane gathers speed and the pilot notices that the engine begins to splutter ...... this will cause an abort take off.

The plane would require a quick maintenance check such as cleaning the spark plugs & cleaning the air filter then it should be back in business..... cowboy.gif

LOL, funniest response of the whole thread!

Well a bit of leg pulling here but he is about right. May not even need the check if the pilot saw that he did not get fast enough before time to lift off because he had forgotten to bring his glasses with him. All it needs is 10 minutes to let the brakes cool down and he did say he needed a 10 minute delay. Maybe he got caught short and needed to get to the toilet quickly.