First Commercial Flight Lands On Suvarnabhmi Airport

george

First test flight lands, problems discovered

BANGKOK: -- The first commercial test flight at the new Suvarnabhumi Airport landed with caretaker Pime Minisiter Toxsin Sinamahkmahk on board. Airport officials were stunned when the plane landed successfuly. "We're going to have a full investigation of what happened," said head Engineer Ramit Sidvays, "The navigation beacon funtioned perfectly and radio guidance systems worked flawlessly despite the early warning scandel and corruption detection systems recently installed" The advanced technology had been designed to prevent such landings, by immediately shutting down all safety devices in situations like this. "We've invited the Prime Minister to fly in again several more times," Sidvay added, "this time with backup systems on board which will automatically disable all power to the aircraft on approach at approximately 1500 feet. Unfortunately, for this first test, the systems were too late: Upon landing, the caretaker PM's press secretary announced that the airport has just been sold to Singapore. PM Toxsin clarified that this was a good thing for all Thai people because it would give him the opportunity to afford more luxury vacations, so he would be spending much more time outside of Thailand. The crowd present erupted into spontaneous appluase and cheers, but were each then charged with disorderly conduct and fined 1 Billion Baht each. :D

This is supposed to be funny? I (and thousands others) landed there safely today, the welcoming committee for all passengers was really nice, it was obvious that a lot of people had worked very hard to get to this point, so I wonder, what the hel_l is wrong with people writing drivel like this??? Seriously, why don't you try to coordinate the building of an international airport? It's so easy, really ANYONE could do a better job than the current regime...Go back to your cabbage farm, jackass.

hey florin old son,

you really need to light'n up abit as you will give your self a <deleted> heart attack and end up in the freaking hospital. :D

granted that it was'nt the laugh of the century but still not bad for a bit of a giggle old mate. :D

look, here's ten baht that im going give you for free, off you go down to soi cowboy

and by yourself a bleeding sense of humour. :D:D:D

cheers fella

ps if you ask chua real nice like he might just give you some off those cabbages considering he's got a whole farm of them. :D:o

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BANGKOK: -- The first commercial test flight at the new Suvarnabhumi Airport landed with caretaker Pime Minisiter Toxsin Sinamahkmahk on board. Airport officials were stunned when the plane landed successfuly. "We're going to have a full investigation of what happened," said head Engineer Ramit Sidvays, "The navigation beacon funtioned perfectly and radio guidance systems worked flawlessly despite the early warning scandel and corruption detection systems recently installed" The advanced technology had been designed to prevent such landings, by immediately shutting down all safety devices in situations like this. "We've invited the Prime Minister to fly in again several more times," Sidvay added, "this time with backup systems on board which will automatically disable all power to the aircraft on approach at approximately 1500 feet. Unfortunately, for this first test, the systems were too late: Upon landing, the caretaker PM's press secretary announced that the airport has just been sold to Singapore. PM Toxsin clarified that this was a good thing for all Thai people because it would give him the opportunity to afford more luxury vacations, so he would be spending much more time outside of Thailand. The crowd present erupted into spontaneous appluase and cheers, but were each then charged with disorderly conduct and fined 1 Billion Baht each. :D

This is supposed to be funny? I (and thousands others) landed there safely today, the welcoming committee for all passengers was really nice, it was obvious that a lot of people had worked very hard to get to this point, so I wonder, what the hel_l is wrong with people writing drivel like this??? Seriously, why don't you try to coordinate the building of an international airport? It's so easy, really ANYONE could do a better job than the current regime...Go back to your cabbage farm, jackass.

hey florin old son,

you really need to light'n up abit as you will give your self a <deleted> heart attack and end up in the freaking hospital. :D

granted that it was'nt the laugh of the century but still not bad for a bit of a giggle old mate. :D

look, here's ten baht that im going give you for free, off you go down to soi cowboy

and by yourself a bleeding sense of humour. :D:D:D

cheers fella

ps if you ask chua real nice like he might just give you some off those cabbages considering he's got a whole farm of them. :D:o

I guess my reaction was kinda over the top, but it just pisses me off when hard work does not get just recognition...it was very obvious today that everyone involved had gone down a long path to get to this point and posts like this guy's make a mockery not just of Thaksin, but of everyone involved with the project. I mean, it's one thing to do political satire, it's quite another to piss all over the people who made something happen...I guess the jackals just can't handle the fact that things actually went quite OK today.

Sure, there are a ton of issues that need fixing, and they are rushing the opening for pure political gain, but it's still an achievement, goddammit. Why can't people just appreciate something?

So the credit should go to people who actually put honest work in it, not to the crooks who skimmed 20% of the budget and wasted billions.

People will surely be impressed when the see the real thing, and proud of it, too. That doesn't mean corruption involved in the construction should not be critisised.

I have a practical question, given the size of the airport, how is one supposed to get from one end to another, suppose for connecting flights, or for favourite restaurants/bars, or from the car park?

hey florin old son,

and by yourself a bleeding sense of humour. cheers fella

I guess my reaction was kinda over the top, but it just pisses me off when hard work does not get just recognition...it was very obvious today that everyone involved had gone down a long path to get to this point and posts like this guy's make a mockery not just of Thaksin, but of everyone involved with the project. I mean, it's one thing to do political satire, it's quite another to piss all over the people who made something happen...I guess the jackals just can't handle the fact that things actually went quite OK today.

Sure, there are a ton of issues that need fixing, and they are rushing the opening for pure political gain, but it's still an achievement, goddammit. Why can't people just appreciate something?

cricky's florin,

sounds like you had a blue with the misses old fella.

dont let these females bring you down old mate or you end up writing all these angry posts as you doing.

at the end of the day you'll just get a killer headache and end up feeling real crook like.

look i got a top cracking idea for you ok.

A. go to the fridge, knock the head of a long neck and scull the bas--rd.

B. go to the cupboard, find your self a bex and wack that into you.

C. get into the bedroom and for god sake have a nice lay down.

D. now here's the money shot me old mate. you got to keep away from the missus for a while as its doing your noggin in.

E you'll feel better tomorrow old son.

look im just trying to help a fellow poster out here cobber as i recon you'd be a top bloke when your not bent and twisted. :D

chock dee kup my good man :D:D

Naaa! Old hat. Been there - done that. Local private pilots were able to fly into Suvanabhumi for practice approaches last week. Photo to prove it. Not a commercial airliner to be seen at the terminals so it was nice to really be among the first arrivals. And me a farang too!.

Point being?

Head Engineer " Ram it sideways"

Now that is funny, was I the only person to spot that????? :o

Head Engineer " Ram it sideways"

Now that is funny, was I the only person to spot that????? :o

:D you sure were old mate and thats cracking good crack as im loving your humour.

you and the chewit joke win first prize equally.

should be on telly you top blokes.

maybe someone else out there can top those 2 but its going to be a frigging difficult.

cheers :D

but why would the plane take so long, 40 minutes?

Wouldn't it be quicker to go by bus, and certainly cheaper?

i need 20 minutes by car ;-)

worked at muang thong thani and live in bang phli ....

guess just one thing diffent ... (no jam) (not yet .... )

Apparently, every facet of the airport... every nook and crannie is covered by corruption:

Power scam alleged

Alongkorn Polabutr of the opposition Democrat Party yesterday urged the government to investigate a suspicious Bt4-billion electricity contract for Suvarnabhumi Airport

He said the concession, signed on May 10, was awarded by Airports of Thailand to Airport Facilities Co Ltd, a company with a dubious background and track record.

The firm would supply 400 MHz to the new airport for 10 years.

The bidding was not transparent because the terms of reference were changed to favour the firm, Alongkorn said, adding that the firm was not required to guarantee a minimum income for AOT.

"The bid winner has no experience in this field here or abroad. It also has only four employees and its former addresses were those of an ice factory and then a massage parlour," he said.

:o:D

The Nation

Edited by sriracha john

Never mind the spelling error, just saying the word is going to stretch most linguists.

However always have a back up plan if things ( and aircraft) go arse over heels. ? Cracked concrete?

Take the bus to Non Khai (North of Khon Kaen) cross over into Laos at Friendship bridge.

Take the bus to Vientiane Airport. Take the plane out from there.

QED!

Alternative back up plan

Take the train from BKK to K.Lumper. Take the plane from there.

Alternative back up plan.

Bypass LOS and head for ? Hanoi ? Manila or anywhere.

So the new airport can handle 45 mil passengers a year. Anyone know the capacity of Don Mueng?

Me & a buddy drove out there this afternoon. Access roads were closed.

They say the New airport will handle 3 times for cargo than the other airport i dont know if that means passengers too.

######, and one of the few destinations in Bangkok I could pronounce was Don Muang Airport and now it's Suvarnabhumi Airport. It's a conspiracy, a conspiracy it is!

:o lol .... I can relate to that!

A new airport . . . there's bound to be problems of some sort. Let's hope they're all small.

Good luck on this massive new project. I hope all works out well.

Judy

Don Muang at current configuration has a capacity of about 35 million passengers a year and has been running at about 32 to 36 million people for the past few years. Airports are not designed to run at 100% maximum capacity, there has to be some slack for maintenance and also air travel is cyclical with high seasons and low seasons. They have done a great job running Don Muang for the past five years at full tilt with almost no ongoing investment (as the new airport will open "sometime soon").

So if BNK is designed for 45 million passengers, they want to run it at about 80 to 90% capacity or a throughput of 36 million to 40 million people a year. Beyond that and you are back to remote bus gates and midnight landings.

The real bottleneck is runways. BKK has two, BNK has two. The advantage comes from BNK runways having wider separation which allows landings every minute instead of every 1 min 20 seconds. Does that give you any idea of the complexity and precision of commercial aircraft operations? Two hundred meters of seperation and 20 seconds saved between landings will put 10 million more people on the ground safely. Thats around 27,000 a day, every day.

The new airport is really an absolute necessity for Thailand but it is one of the most technically challenging projects a government can undertake second only perhaps to nuclear power plants. I still think they have a way to go before its safe and ready for operation but they will get there eventually.

And they are pawning of MHz as MWh!!!!! hope all the runway lights and A/C can work with that stuff...

dont really matter mate as you got to realise that this is los.

the land of can do, love you long time and same same but different.

the thais are bleeding experts at fixing litte problems like black outs on the main runway at a the beaut new airport.

look, they ring up a few punters and they bolt outside swinging them real good dolphin torches around there noggin. :D:D

you know the one's, there water proof and all. :D

the pilot then got a little bit of an idea were to land that brand new airbus carrying 350 odd

passengers :o

anyway once all the passengers stop screaming all's sweet old mate and everybody's happy. :D

were you been living fella ? under a rock somewere ? :D

id expect a bloke with your experience with los would know these basic things.

anyway, i think your a top bloke as its real nice that you care about the lights and things along that line. :D

power to you old son. :D:D

Anyone know how to pronouce it?

Soo-warn-uh-boom?

think ill just stick with ,

" take me to that top new airport please driver and wake me up when we get there" :o

su ( low tone, short vowel) wan (midtone, short vowel) na(high tone short vowel) poom( long vowel mid tone).

su wan-na poom

Maybe the news clippings section isn't the best place for this, perhaps this should have been included in the Jokes section instead?

When posting tongue-in-cheek remember to use the :o smilie as some may not understand it is a joke.

So the new airport can handle 45 mil passengers a year. Anyone know the capacity of Don Mueng?

Me & a buddy drove out there this afternoon. Access roads were closed.

yes DM = 47 mil passengers a year.

But it was hard to earn moretea money in DM, so for economical purpose the new airport is trully better.

Also, as one editorialist in Bangkok post noted, as the airport will be far of civilisation, the tourist will have a one stop : no need to bother to go in tuk tuk to bangkok , they will shop OTOP on site, and by so fulfill the true dreams of any respectable citisens of LOS : come , BUY and BYE :o

Not a map, but a picture showing both Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang:

http://asterweb.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery-detai...ame=bangkokport

Scrunchielaura......that's the best. Thank you......from Google Earth?

Nope. This image is from NASA.

Google Earth has a different image. I think it is lower resolution. From what I remember, on Google the terminal is just a foundation and it shows just one or two runways. NASA shows two completed runways w/ a third under construction.

Does anyone know why the runways are asphalt or some other dark colored material? I'd think that in Thailand's hot climate that concrete would be better.