BANGKOK 19 May 2019 14:29

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

casualbiker

New requirements for proof of degree. Khurusapha

This information was kindly provided from another Thailand teaching Asia website .

It basically is asking for a letter from your university requesting details of your degree. Note that the letter has to be sent in a university stamped envelope and arrive unopened!

post-195835-14145474911879_thumb.jpg

I wonder if unopened official transcript are acceptable.

But it says to send the letter directly to them.

There must be a huge surplus of teachers since they keep increasing the difficulty level to teach in Thailand.

Or a lot of people with fake degrees making extra scrutiny necesarry.

Rule breakers cause problems for honest people.

What is worse, they often feel justified believing they are a special exception to the rules.

There must be a huge surplus of teachers since they keep increasing the difficulty level to teach in Thailand.

With the extra information they request I would say no. But worth asking!

Hmm, supposed to go do my work permit here this week. Wonder if they'll want this from me...

This is for Khurusapha (TCT) waivers and Teaching license.

Hmm, supposed to go do my work permit here this week. Wonder if they'll want this from me...

The provisional teaching permit is a requirement for both WP.1 and WP.5.

Does this also apply for renewal of the full (5 yr) teacher's Licence?

Does this also apply for renewal of the full (5 yr) teacher's Licence?

Don't know. Possibly, maybe get someone to give them a call or email!

Where can I find Copy of WP form, not sure which one but for Teacher, I also understand that if you state you are Teachers Assistant or Consultant you do not need a Degree, also if Teaching in Vocational College .

Great, just what Thailand needs, more endless, bureacratic, pointless paperwork, plus, of course, additional costs for teachers to bear before they can teach. Education in Thailand is poor, English skills in Thailand are poor. Rather than making it more difficult to recruit, make it easier. I am sure most people here have some familiarity with the amont and varieity of docments, procedures, and processes needed to teach? It is discouraging.

As for the specific question of false qualifications, how about if you can teach, then you can teach. I have seen Philipine (no offense) teachers with certificates and degrees in English, who can just about construct a simple sentence. I have met old timers, even dead beat Australians, who have knowledge and experience, but are not allowed to teach because they have no "paper". What about grant to the schools the right to recruit and process work visas directly? Great, except for all those immig officials in all those embassies.

its time to check the degrees and skills of teachers, ( we parents pay a lot of money for them !! )

anyway most of them not teachers,

they mostly did some study,

or were just native Brits and speaking somohow english !

A teacher must have also pedagogic skills !! Exams !!

Than he is a teacher !!

Great, just what Thailand needs, more endless, bureacratic, pointless paperwork, plus, of course, additional costs for teachers to bear before they can teach. Education in Thailand is poor, English skills in Thailand are poor. Rather than making it more difficult to recruit, make it easier. I am sure most people here have some familiarity with the amont and varieity of docments, procedures, and processes needed to teach? It is discouraging.

As for the specific question of false qualifications, how about if you can teach, then you can teach. I have seen Philipine (no offense) teachers with certificates and degrees in English, who can just about construct a simple sentence. I have met old timers, even dead beat Australians, who have knowledge and experience, but are not allowed to teach because they have no "paper". What about grant to the schools the right to recruit and process work visas directly? Great, except for all those immig officials in all those embassies.

Had just some weeks ago a discussion with the Bss of english teachers in a famous school of my kids;

I also had some concerns about some Philipine english teachers in that school;

He told me relax:

They are tested, they are native english speakers when born,

and sometimes better in grammatic than an so called " English teacher from UK !!

Had just some weeks ago a discussion with the Bss of english teachers in a famous school of my kids;

I also had some concerns about some Philipine english teachers in that school;

He told me relax:

They are tested, they are native english speakers when born,

and sometimes better in grammatic than an so called " English teacher from UK !!

Can your kids speak, read and write English?

It's not just about grammar. At least the "so called English teacher "can instruct your children in correct pronunciation and sentence structure. Many non NES teachers cannot!

Also Filipinos are NOT native English speakers their spoken language is Tagalog (Filipino)

" Filipino is constitutionally designated as the national language of the Philippines and, along with English, one of two official languages"