Koh Tao murders: Influential island figure vows to clear his son's name

webfact

Koh Tao murders: Influential island figure vows to clear his son's name
By Coconuts Bangkok

somyot.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The son of a village headman who has remained under a cloud of suspicion since the murders of two tourists on Koh Tao last month will finally submit a DNA sample for testing.

Weeks after the investigation pointed the finger of suspicion at the island’s “influential figures” before pivoting back to “Burmese migrant laborers,” Woraphan Tuwichian said his son Warot “Nomsod” Tuwichian would present a sample to clear his name at the invitation of the national police chief.

“I want to ask who will responsible for the reports on social media that accused my son and my family and brought disgrace upon our family?” Woraphan said in the Bangkok Post. “When the case ends, I’ll let it be the police’s duty to take legal action against them.”

Woraphan was referring to sites such as CSILA, where keyboard detectives have pored over photographs and inconsistencies from police statements to piece together their own provocative conclusions.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/10/29/koh-tao-murders-influential-island-figure-vows-clear-his-sons-name

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-10-29

• Like 1

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

funny how they all are up for re testing/testing at the same time........ http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/772331-thailand-to-allow-second-dna-test-for-british-murder-accused/

Good isnt it.. I mean suppose the English do have some DNA... then this would nail it. If he is guilty would he really risk it not knowing what the English have ? The Thais could be bribed.. but English data would be different. Now he would be giving a sample of something that could potentially come back to bite him.

Just a thought.

Either way.. I don't know and would not say he is guilty or not.

• Like 2

I can understand it .. if the guy is innocent and some internet hero's destroy his image.. id be pissed too.

If the guy is innocent?? Well yeah, but if he was innocent he would of submitted long ago to a DNA test.

Why ? Because some people don't believe him ?. This is not trial by media. I know that I would be real wary giving off my DNA to the Thai police who knows what happens with it. If there is no real good reason for it I would certainly never give of DNA to satisfy some internet group.

Who knows how convincing his real evidence was for being in BKK. The stuff you guys have not see. It is as if everyone thinks that they are entitled to all the evidence and know the same stuff as the police.

I have a police friend buddy (back in my birth country) he tells me that even there what is printed in newspapers is often far from what has actually happened. I find it amusing to say the least that people think they can do an investigation from behind their computer instead of having the real facts the police is privileged too.

I make no claims about this guy either way, but his reputation is toast either way. This will hunt them for a long time even if not guilty.

But many farangs hate rich Thais with a vengeance because then they cant feel superior. Admit it its much nicer if some HISO is guilty instead of some lowly worker. So there is prejudice too.

He got in to a arguement with the victims hours before they were murdered, and refused a DNA test.

That's all I know.

And that dribble about farang not liking hiso's because they don't feel superior is nonsense.

I just don't like people getting away with murder because of money and who they are. (Red Bull)

Agree about the red bull guy too.

Yes but he gave proof of an alibi if his alibi is good why give DNA ? Its just that that people from websites who have not seen the real tapes of proving he was in BKK think that the one still is all that the BIB have and base it all on that. Why do people keep thinking they have the same access to all the case data as the BIB.

I don't trust the BIB much but just saying that people are basing all the stuff on incomplete data that they get from newspapers. Just ask how real police think about that.

Remember that the UK have had the bodies for some time now. 'If' the DNA can be tested against any confirmed DNA by the UK experts then he probably didn't rape poor Hannah. However, it still doesn't explain the CCTV footage on Koh Tao and in Bangkok. I think that needs to be explained, perhaps by some CCTV experts (and show any extra footage if possible).

You could say 'That's the court's/cops' business...not the public' but I'm thinking about Nomsod and his family here. If they prove the vids are him in BKK and not him in Ko Tao (with any extra footage we're not privy to via CCTV experts...UK ones preferably) then the family can hold their heads high and sue the ass out of anyone claiming a conspiracy. All we have is grainy and rather odd CCTV still in Bangers and suspicious footage of the running man/shake hands man. Seconds of it and the quality isn't great.

Clear that up and everyone will shut up.

• Like 1

I can understand it .. if the guy is innocent and some internet hero's destroy his image.. id be pissed too.

If the guy is innocent?? Well yeah, but if he was innocent he would of submitted long ago to a DNA test.

Why ? Because some people don't believe him ?. This is not trial by media. I know that I would be real wary giving off my DNA to the Thai police who knows what happens with it. If there is no real good reason for it I would certainly never give of DNA to satisfy some internet group.

Who knows how convincing his real evidence was for being in BKK. The stuff you guys have not see. It is as if everyone thinks that they are entitled to all the evidence and know the same stuff as the police.

I have a police friend buddy (back in my birth country) he tells me that even there what is printed in newspapers is often far from what has actually happened. I find it amusing to say the least that people think they can do an investigation from behind their computer instead of having the real facts the police is privileged too.

I make no claims about this guy either way, but his reputation is toast either way. This will hunt them for a long time even if not guilty.

But many farangs hate rich Thais with a vengeance because then they cant feel superior. Admit it its much nicer if some HISO is guilty instead of some lowly worker. So there is prejudice too.

He got in to a arguement with the victims hours before they were murdered, and refused a DNA test.

That's all I know.

And that dribble about farang not liking hiso's because they don't feel superior is nonsense.

I just don't like people getting away with murder because of money and who they are. (Red Bull)

Yes but he gave proof of an alibi if his alibi is good why give DNA ? Its just that that people from websites who have not seen the real tapes of proving he was in BKK think that the one still is all that the BIB have and base it all on that. Why do people keep thinking they have the same access to all the case data as the BIB.

I don't trust the BIB much but just saying that people are basing all the stuff on incomplete data that they get from newspapers. Just ask how real police think about that.

I agree there is a lot of misinformation out there, and it is hard what to believe.

The red bull guy had a alibi to begin with too.

But you would think if he was innocent, he would do all he could to clear his name.

If he had nothing to hide why refuse a DNA test, it makes him look guilty.

Edited by peptidebomber

That's all I know.

I agree there is a lot of misinformation out there, and it is hard what to believe.

But you would think if he was innocent, he would do all he could to clear his name.

If he had nothing to hide why refuse a DNA test, it makes him look guilty.

Sure it makes him look guilty... but if his alibi is solid why give it off and possible get in trouble because of a mistake.

Two sides to each coin.

Anyway there is so much misinformation there that I stay well away from this case because I simply don't know. But I do know that the guys reputation is toast even if he is cleared. Because then people like you will say the samples have been switched. He just can't win.

Personally giving DNA now would be a good thing to do and if the Brits get it too then it would really vindicate him if he is not guilty or nail him if guilty. (I dont know but I hope the Brits have a good sample)

I edited previous comment to include that the red bull guy had a alibi to begin with too.

Now that the DNA has been swapped, he is willing to submit to a test.

And I'm going to sue whoever dared to tell the truth, farang don't understand this is Thailand and the truth is just a minor inconvieance that shouldn't be taken seriously!

Exactly what they mean.. the DNA is swapped.. no proof of this statement at all but posted anyway.

Well: He run from the DNA testing. His father and brother weren't tested as well (you can see if a family member is the person you search for). The father was ready to pay 1.000.000 for evidence that shows that his son is not guilty. Than the police found these guys, they were beaten till confessed.

Now the son comes back and is ready for a DNA test.

That doesn't look right, or? That does not mean he is guilty, but it doesn't look right.

Not saying it looks right.. saying all the time I make no judgement here. I don't know the real facts that are available to the police and neither does anyone here.

But based on this it does not look right, but again people are already saying DNA test wont matter samples are swapped. So how can this guy win.

What I am saying whatever he does there will always be those that crucify him online his reputation is toast and stuff like this can happen to all of us.

Just think of cases where foreigners are framed for sex with kids... or where wives during a divorce say that hubby touched their daughter in a bad way.

If rumors are taken for fact its so easy to destroy someone so I can understand the guy not liking those sites if he is innocent. Would you jump through allt he hoops some internet guys tell you to do or they go on destroying you ?

Just showing things from an other side, but I agree what i read the case stinks.. but that does not mean he is guilty and if not he has every right to go after people who destroyed his reputation.

• Like 1

Now that the DNA has been swapped, he is willing to submit to a test.

And I'm going to sue whoever dared to tell the truth, farang don't understand this is Thailand and the truth is just a minor inconvieance that shouldn't be taken seriously!

Exactly what they mean.. the DNA is swapped.. no proof of this statement at all but posted anyway.

Well: He run from the DNA testing. His father and brother weren't tested as well (you can see if a family member is the person you search for). The father was ready to pay 1.000.000 for evidence that shows that his son is not guilty. Than the police found these guys, they were beaten till confessed.

Now the son comes back and is ready for a DNA test.

That doesn't look right, or? That does not mean he is guilty, but it doesn't look right.

Not saying it looks right.. saying all the time I make no judgement here. I don't know the real facts that are available to the police and neither does anyone here.

But based on this it does not look right, but again people are already saying DNA test wont matter samples are swapped. So how can this guy win.

What I am saying whatever he does there will always be those that crucify him online his reputation is toast and stuff like this can happen to all of us.

Just think of cases where foreigners are framed for sex with kids... or where wives during a divorce say that hubby touched their daughter in a bad way.

If rumors are taken for fact its so easy to destroy someone so I can understand the guy not liking those sites if he is innocent. Would you jump through allt he hoops some internet guys tell you to do or they go on destroying you ?

Just showing things from an other side, but I agree what i read the case stinks.. but that does not mean he is guilty and if not he has every right to go after people who destroyed his reputation.

You are comparing apples with oranges!

Here is an interesting question for you and extremely pertinent!

Why was Nom Sod EVER suspected to be prime suspect?

He was in Bangkok!!!!!!!!!, so why would the police ever connect him in the first place.

Most murders are committed by people that you know. However, Nom Sod has no connection to the suspects whatsoever, so why was he suspected?

If you can answer this question then you have solved the case imo