VIDEO: Phuket motorbike taxi driver shot dead ‘in road rage’

Lite Beer

its a joke that this forum uploads this awful video shame on tv for this...sad.png

If video is not leaked/released to the public, the Thai Police could change the facts of a case, for fee, or even worse, say an incident never happened, so as to not further tarnish Phuket's already tarnished image.

It's video footage that keeps them honest.

The more video the better, I say.

• Like 1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife keeps warning me about this sort of thing.

She, a Thai, describes it as:

"The Bantam Rooster Syndrome" in Thailand, where lots of "LITTLE MEN" carry Big Guns in a forlorn attempt, to compensate for.....

certain other, short-comings.

So whats the reason in USA, surely they dont have the same short comings ?

"The Bantam Rooster Syndrome" in Thailand, where lots of "LITTLE MEN" carry Big Guns in a forlorn attempt, to compensate for.....

So whats the reason in USA, surely they dont have the same short comings ?

The USA does certainly have those shortcomings. And they even legalize it here..

My wife keeps telling me the same. A recent incident in Pattaya that could have easily escalated was when a watch seller dug me in the ribs with the corner of his wooden box of watches, to get my attention because I had my back to him and was deep in thought talking to a mate of mine. I'm sure it was deliberate, it just wasn't a touch. I stood up and confronted him and he started screaming something about "Thailand was still his country". I think that I am pretty street smart after 34 years in the Kingdom, but I was just about to go ballistic when my wife stepped between us and spoke something quietly in Thai to which he walked off grumbling. I told my wife not to do that again but quite rightly she pointed out that he almost certainly would have been carrying a knife.

Funny the mamas-an of this bar on Soi 13/1 was sitting almost next to us, she saw and heard everything and did not say a word. The watch seller had no concern, no fear, that she was sitting there. Get yourself in trouble and you could be all alone. No one gives a shit.

So does mine ! It seems that being hot tempered increases the probability of encountering troubles, irrelevant if this particular incident is a premeditated effort, the result of road rage, or something else. After driving in this country for 25 years, I still am tempted to respond to perceived aggressive conduct in kind, and this is when the Lovely Half jumps in to remind me that something bad can result. I will certainly try to keep cool when the next occurrence will happen...

The deceased asked his son to step away and then was shot in the face by some a-hole over what?

What the heck is the deal over here?

Some of these people kill others without even a second thought. Without even thinking about witnesses.

It is truly frightening to live in this country and not have a sidearm.

Clutch

Yeah, more guns - that'll do it. That's like saying more cars will lead to less traffic.

Utter nonsense.

What a country! Peaceful loving people.blink.png

Oh get off it! This happens in every country.

Further I don't recall the level of incompetence and unwillingness to investigate many murderers by the UK police as happens here alarmingly often.

You do understand that this shooter was identified after an investigation by the RTP and behind bars within a few days? Which is comparable with any country.

What a country! Peaceful loving people.blink.png

Oh get off it! This happens in every country.

Further I don't recall the level of incompetence and unwillingness to investigate many murderers by the UK police as happens here alarmingly often.

You do understand that this shooter was identified after an investigation by the RTP and behind bars within a few days? Which is comparable with any country.

It's the sentencing that is a concern in these cases where the murderer is easily identified and caught.

If the murderer has some cash, or connections, it can mean a significantly reduced sentence, and this corruption, and in some cases, a compensation payment to the victim's family, is not something "comparable" to countries in the developed world.

Edited by NamKangMan