VIDEO: Phuket motorbike taxi driver shot dead ‘in road rage’

Lite Beer

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police suspect it was"road rage" however, this shooting has all the hallmarks of an "execution". The victim asked his son to get off the bike and stay away, which indicates the victim already was aware of the gravity of the situation.

To me it seems victim was behind in some type of payment, or he stole from someone or a relationship problem, which ever he knew the killer.

• Like 1

I saw an old geezer, maybe 70 or so, on a bike and sidething chasing a car who'd cut him up or something. The lights went red by Central Festival so the old fella caught up with him. Pulled a pistol from under his skirt like garb and started putting bullets into the car! Mental, they're everywhere.

People said I was mad to leave ... I beg to differ. No country is perfect but I feel much safer where I am because there are too many ignorant people walking around with loaded guns. What a wonderful society - kids stabbing each other over university rivalry (and they are the educated ones), families murdering their own for land and money, police officers drinking off duty and murdering friends over childish arguments, tourists raped and murdered with little or no real investigation to catch the perps.

No I wasn't mad to leave but certainly those expats who remain could do with their heads examining.

Thanks... nice compliment for all the farangs living here! I suspect your from Britain, what a violent society that is only there they just stab and club each other !

After living in Rio Brazil it seemed pretty tame when I came here and one of the reason's why I've stayed for 11 years. This kind of thing happens all the time in the inner big cities around the world. Calm cool executions as this appears to be. Just try to stay cool and not give any tourist van drivers the finger like I did yesterday when he almost ran my chopper off the road.

• Like 1

What a country! Peaceful loving people.blink.png

Oh get off it! This happens in every country.

Not so many where a professional hit man could do his job in broad daylight in front of witnesses, then casually ride off. Untouchable?

You need to check your reality. Check out gangs in the US and especially mafia in Mexico.

The deceased asked his son to step away and then was shot in the face by some a-hole over what?

What the heck is the deal over here?

Some of these people kill others without even a second thought. Without even thinking about witnesses.

It is truly frightening to live in this country and not have a sidearm.

Clutch

Yeah, more guns - that'll do it. That's like saying more cars will lead to less traffic.

2 guys. One with a gun and one without are both confronted by a mindless moron intent on shooting. Which guy do you think has a better chance of living?

• Like 1

The deceased asked his son to step away and then was shot in the face by some a-hole over what?

Some of these people kill others without even a second thought. Without even thinking about witnesses.

Clutch

Just a wild guess are you USA.....with that constitution garb

• Like 1

To ClunkClarks response, so you saying that every one should have a gun, you are brainless as the shooter man.

Samuel Colt made all men equal. Are you telling us that if someone comes at you with the intention of taking your life, right then and there, that you are going to defeat him with your superior brain?

To ClunkClarks response, so you saying that every one should have a gun, you are brainless as the shooter man.

Samuel Colt made all men equal. Are you telling us that if someone comes at you with the intention of taking your life, right then and there, that you are going to defeat him with your superior brain?

Well let's all carry a gun in our man bag. That's really going to solve problems. Why do you think USA has murder rates of 3rd world countries. Yes I know there is huge population differences but US I think in the high 4,s low 5,s.....Australia with strict gun laws something like 1.4 and surprising to me UK very low. USA is the stand out. Wonder why....umm maybe gun ownership and obsession with it. Colt and western did not make all men equal. It made one as stupid as the other. Let's go kill some bear.

• Like 2

My wife keeps warning me about this sort of thing.

She, a Thai, describes it as:

"The Bantam Rooster Syndrome" in Thailand, where lots of "LITTLE MEN" carry Big Guns in a forlorn attempt, to compensate for.....

certain other, short-comings.

My wife keeps telling me the same. A recent incident in Pattaya that could have easily escalated was when a watch seller dug me in the ribs with the corner of his wooden box of watches, to get my attention because I had my back to him and was deep in thought talking to a mate of mine. I'm sure it was deliberate, it just wasn't a touch. I stood up and confronted him and he started screaming something about "Thailand was still his country". I think that I am pretty street smart after 34 years in the Kingdom, but I was just about to go ballistic when my wife stepped between us and spoke something quietly in Thai to which he walked off grumbling. I told my wife not to do that again but quite rightly she pointed out that he almost certainly would have been carrying a knife.

Funny the mamas-an of this bar on Soi 13/1 was sitting almost next to us, she saw and heard everything and did not say a word. The watch seller had no concern, no fear, that she was sitting there. Get yourself in trouble and you could be all alone. No one gives a shit.

• Like 1

Clutch

Yeah, more guns - that'll do it. That's like saying more cars will lead to less traffic.

No, its like saying that if traffic accidents are commonplace then its nice to be sitting in a big truck when someone slams into you.

No. Educate people to behave/drive properly then nobody needs guns and/or trucks. You're dealing with the symptoms, not the cause.

How can one educate people,,,,If they don't care and don't giveafaq ???????????

• Like 1

Do you remember the thai guy walking into a hair salon, his young wife was with her mum, shot her in the head twice ,did a little dance and strolled out, earlier this yr .

Apparently over very little, what <deleted> are saying it happens in every Country the way it does here, where do you come from chums , South America.

Their is an apparent evil here and you just need to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, get it LOS .my ars......... !

Clutch

Jack, if it was you in that position with a guy drawing a pistol on you.

What would be your response?

And, I am an American, I did not mention anything about the Constitution nor do I consider it "garb".

I support gun control in the US but until that day happens I will be keeping my firearms.

I don't care to be the only guy without one ;-)

• Like 1

Well let's all carry a gun in our man bag. That's really going to solve problems. Why do you think USA has murder rates of 3rd world countries. Yes I know there is huge population differences but US I think in the high 4,s low 5,s.....Australia with strict gun laws something like 1.4 and surprising to me UK very low. USA is the stand out. Wonder why....umm maybe gun ownership and obsession with it. Colt and western did not make all men equal. It made one as stupid as the other. Let's go kill some bear.

Check and you will find that the US states with the highest gun ownership per capita have the lowest crime rates. Who is going to break into a house in Utah knowing the owner probably has a gun and knows how to use it. In Switzerland almost every house has a full auto assault weapon issued to them while in the mandatory military service that they take home afterward. Guess which country has the lowest crime rate in Europe?....it starts with an S. It's a tired old saying but still true..."guns don't kill people, people kill people". The problem is sick societies like Britain and the USA. Yes more people die in the states because they fight with more lethal weapons but Britain is at least as violent. One of the things I don't like about living in Thailand is I can't have my Springfield 1911 45 here to defend my home.

Edited by Miami Bob
  • Like 1

How many Americans are commenting on this shooting, expressing horror about violence in Thailand?

Of course it's horrific. But this sort of thing happens in the US on a regular basis.

Not quite like this incident.

Firstly, we are typically protected by our vehicles and we don't get out to argue.

Lastly, if I was blocked from escape and was forced to get out of my vehicle it would be with a sidearm if the situation warranted.

Not sure what Utopia you live in but I am stuck here in reality on Planet Earth.

• Like 1

Clutch

Jack, if it was you in that position with a guy drawing a pistol on you.

What would be your response?

And, I am an American, I did not mention anything about the Constitution nor do I consider it "garb".

I support gun control in the US but until that day happens I will be keeping my firearms.

I don't care to be the only guy without one ;-)

. So much American Bashing on this Forum, just let it go, they have No Life and are just Keyboard Warriors...
  • Like 1

The gun made him a man for a second. Now he's been hiding like a girl.

"The gun made him a man for a second."

That's what keeps the NRA as powerful as it is in the US ... wimps needing a crutch.

What a country! Peaceful loving people.blink.png

Yes, the whole country and all Thai people are to blame for the action of an idiot.

Using that logic, all farang are illogical Thai bashers because of the mindless comments of some people.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Forgive me if I missed some vital clues here, but just why the Hell do the police believe that this is a "road rage' killing?

In the absence of any real evidence they seem to feel the need to fill the void with the first nonsense that comes into their heads...................I can think of dozens of possible motives for what appears to have been a calmly carried out execution, but I suppose "road rage" is the easy way out for this bunch of useless idiots.

Probably CCTV and the victim's son said it was.

Perhaps you should not seek to make voids by beleiving that media stories are all the truth and nothing but the truth.