VIDEO: Phuket motorbike taxi driver shot dead ‘in road rage’

Lite Beer

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Pattaya one time girlfriend and I walking pass a bar with a mauy thai ring in it a Thai boxer made loud and lewd comment directed at us both she told me what he said. Well needless to say I was ticked off I turn around walk into bar his trainer was outside ring I talked with his trainer and said is this how you train your fighters? Then said Mind if I get in ring with him for a couple rounds? he laughed and said go ahead. I removed my shoe's Being 45 at the time and in great shape, and on vacation after taking first place in California Tae Kwon Do Championship fight. I get in ring dropped that Knucklehead like a bad habit One punch to the solar plexuses. I step out of ring as I was putting my shoes on this guy runs up to trainer with a magazine with my picture on front cover. Funny as hell they all were kissing my arse after that. But the funniest part was that night after dinner we walked past same bar the same fighter saw me came out and said he was sorry he was so rude. I just smiled ans went about my business. But older and wiser now I will defend myself but not so ready to confront some one over words anymore It is just not worth it I can't block bullets.

Ooooo......you big roughy-toughy he-man you. You're my hero......

Though, I see modesty isn't one of your vices.

Strangebrew - you mean you didn't do a kip up then with one sweeping roundhouse, knock every single person out within 5 metres including me while responding to this? I'd expected more from you.

Cheers.

According to this article, the victim was quite the hothead and often got into fights as he was a trained fighter. Supposedly the shooter told the guy many times he would shoot him if he got off his bike.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-road-rage-shooter-%E2%80%98will-be-caught-soon%E2%80%99-police-49409.php

And so this bag of trash, "tell's the victim, im going to shoot you if you get off your bike", is acceptable?

I really don't think you are saying this is acceptable, but im not understanding what your point is with your comment.

i'm leaving thaivisa the violence i see here every day is not what i joined for.

What don't you stay, godden, and share your views, which are obviously interesting and rational, exactly the kind that's required to counterbalance the violence you're talking about ?

There is violence here because there is violence everywhere... it's the ugly part of humanity, and humanity is not something we can quit like a Forum, or rather we do it only once and for all. But on Forums like this one, we can try to contribute positive things, generous ideas, tolerant views... antidotes, you know.

Do you stop walking in the street because there is a lot of violence in the street ? Do you stop watching movies because there's a lot of violence in them ? Do you stop driving your car because road rage is getting worse these days ? Do you stop loving your family because every now and them violence erupts in your relationship with them ?

I'm not kidding, please, stay and keep talking.

Regards

Yann

Edited by Yann55

it is time for a massive withdrawal of us farang's, and get out while we are still alive to do so.

IMHO!!!!

Drama Queen Post of the Year.

"Drama Queen".....NOT!!!

REALIST....YES!!!

Easy to spot a Drama Queen. They use multiple exclamation marks.

Of course.....their "Run for your life" posts kinda nail it, too.

• Like 1

Why do the apologists always say 'It's not only Thailand'? If someone was molesting your 12 year old daughter and they said 'It's not only me' would that make it acceptable?

No it would not.

But it's also very stupid to keep blaming every problem around here on so-called 'Thainess', especially when similar incidents occur all around the world, on a daily basis.

It's not just stupid, it's also useless, sterile, and inconsistent.

And the word 'apologists' is a ridiculous label. Why do you have to think in boxes ? Get out and think for yourself Richard, that's what a brain is for.

• Like 2

Possibly the shooter had noticed a problem with the Taxi drivers bike and got off to offer help. Taxi driver, misunderstanding the shooters good intention, thought it was a robbery and turned on the good Samaritan. Obviously a case of self defense on the part of the shooter.

The deceased asked his son to step away and then was shot in the face by some a-hole over what?

What the heck is the deal over here?

Some of these people kill others without even a second thought. Without even thinking about witnesses.

It is truly frightening to live in this country and not have a sidearm.

Clutch

Yeah, more guns - that'll do it. That's like saying more cars will lead to less traffic.

Typical knee jerk liberal reaction. Your obviously not aware of how many lives are saved by licensed gun owners protecting themselves and others. 65 lives are protected by licensed gun owners protecting themselves and others for every life lost to guns. http://rense.com/general76/mths.htm or http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2012/02/21/disarming-the-myths-promoted-by-the-gun-control-lobby/ I think the OP point is that licensed and trained (possibly ex military like myself) gun owners in their country of origin would feel a hell of a lot more comfortable here in Thailand if we, responsible and trained gun owners were allowed to carry a side arm here in Thailand. (Don't worry it will never happen.)

• Like 1

it is time for a massive withdrawal of us farang's, and get out while we are still alive to do so.

IMHO!!!!

Drama Queen Post of the Year.

"Drama Queen".....NOT!!!

REALIST....YES!!!

Easy to spot a Drama Queen. They use multiple exclamation marks.

Of course.....their "Run for your life" posts kinda nail it, too.

Oh, so the use of exclamation mark's gave it away. WOW you must be Einstein!!

Here's my response, and then im going to move on.

You come on here trolling, looking for some one, anyone, to insult/attack verbely, because of their opinion/point of view, so you can get your jollys.

Regardless, of what ever your comment's or opinion's are, i, unlike you, respect that you can do so, and won't insult you, or verbely attack you.

So, i will continue to post/comment/give my opinion, because i can do so freely and have no regert's or apologys doing so.

So take a good long look in the mirror, take a deep breath, and stop being troll.

• Like 1

No Thai people would do a crime like this...........those Burmese people are eveywhere

Are you serious? Not only is your statement an unjustifiable slight against the Burmese people, it's simply not true. Anyone who has lived in Thailand long enough would know that there have been many such random acts of violence perpetrated by Thais.
This reference to Burma and Thai people not being capable of such crimes appears on here about 1,000 times daily. It is posted by the more easily amused members of TV as a reference to the alleged statement of one of the RTP during the initial phase of the investigation into the KT beach assault and murders.
You are absolutely right, and since as you said its appears about 1,000 times daily its a bit boring IMHO ?

i'm leaving thaivisa the violence i see here every day is not what i joined for.

What don't you stay, godden, and share your views, which are obviously interesting and rational, exactly the kind that's required to counterbalance the violence you're talking about ?

There is violence here because there is violence everywhere... it's the ugly part of humanity, and humanity is not something we can quit like a Forum, or rather we do it only once and for all. But on Forums like this one, we can try to contribute positive things, generous ideas, tolerant views... antidotes, you know.

Do you stop walking in the street because there is a lot of violence in the street ? Do you stop watching movies because there's a lot of violence in them ? Do you stop driving your car because road rage is getting worse these days ? Do you stop loving your family because every now and them violence erupts in your relationship with them ?

I'm not kidding, please, stay and keep talking.

Regards

Yann

I second that motion Yann,

Godden, i don't know you and you don't know me,

but don't let your emotion's take over. Yes there are a lot

of people posting on here that for what ever reason, just seem to

like to be violent against other's. I for one don't understand it and never will.

So please stay, continue to comment/give opinion's, and don't let these

ignorant mindless jerks get to you.

Be better than them.

God Bless You.

Alan.

Edited by Alan653

According to this article, the victim was quite the hothead and often got into fights as he was a trained fighter. Supposedly the shooter told the guy many times he would shoot him if he got off his bike.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-road-rage-shooter-%E2%80%98will-be-caught-soon%E2%80%99-police-49409.php

And so this bag of trash, "tell's the victim, im going to shoot you if you get off your bike", is acceptable?

I really don't think you are saying this is acceptable, but im not understanding what your point is with your comment.

The shooter is a worthless POS. Reason I posted the link is so often we have no idea why an incident happened, but in this case we do.

The deceased asked his son to step away and then was shot in the face by some a-hole over what?

What the heck is the deal over here?

Some of these people kill others without even a second thought. Without even thinking about witnesses.

It is truly frightening to live in this country and not have a sidearm.

Clutch

Yeah, more guns - that'll do it. That's like saying more cars will lead to less traffic.

I know it is always controversial to bring up 'gun control', but I am of a mind that the common mentality here is not suitable to gun ownership.

To coldly do something like this, when it must be obvious that it would likely result in a long spell in jail is strange.

The shooter is a worthless POS. Reason I posted the link is so often we have no idea why an incident happened, but in this case we do.

Understood...no arguement here.

I was in Pattaya one time girlfriend and I walking pass a bar with a mauy thai ring in it a Thai boxer made loud and lewd comment directed at us both she told me what he said. Well needless to say I was ticked off I turn around walk into bar his trainer was outside ring I talked with his trainer and said is this how you train your fighters? Then said Mind if I get in ring with him for a couple rounds? he laughed and said go ahead. I removed my shoe's Being 45 at the time and in great shape, and on vacation after taking first place in California Tae Kwon Do Championship fight. I get in ring dropped that Knucklehead like a bad habit One punch to the solar plexuses. I step out of ring as I was putting my shoes on this guy runs up to trainer with a magazine with my picture on front cover. Funny as hell they all were kissing my arse after that. But the funniest part was that night after dinner we walked past same bar the same fighter saw me came out and said he was sorry he was so rude. I just smiled ans went about my business. But older and wiser now I will defend myself but not so ready to confront some one over words anymore It is just not worth it I can't block bullets.

Ooooo......you big roughy-toughy he-man you. You're my hero......

Though, I see modesty isn't one of your vices.

Ooooo......you would have walked past him and say thank you for insulting you, wouldn't you ? If Sissy is yr name and bigotry yr favourite hobby, I would rather prefer a not modest attitude without being a hero. Wake up

To ClunkClarks response, so you saying that every one should have a gun, you are brainless as the shooter man.

Samuel Colt made all men equal. Are you telling us that if someone comes at you with the intention of taking your life, right then and there, that you are going to defeat him with your superior brain?

Well let's all carry a gun in our man bag. That's really going to solve problems. Why do you think USA has murder rates of 3rd world countries. Yes I know there is huge population differences but US I think in the high 4,s low 5,s.....Australia with strict gun laws something like 1.4 and surprising to me UK very low. USA is the stand out. Wonder why....umm maybe gun ownership and obsession with it. Colt and western did not make all men equal. It made one as stupid as the other. Let's go kill some bear.

Check and you will find that the US states with the highest gun ownership per capita have the lowest crime rates. Who is going to break into a house in Utah knowing the owner probably has a gun and knows how to use it. In Switzerland almost every house has a full auto assault weapon issued to them while in the mandatory military service that they take home afterward. Guess which country has the lowest crime rate in Europe?....it starts with an S. It's a tired old saying but still true..."guns don't kill people, people kill people". The problem is sick societies like Britain and the USA. Yes more people die in the states because they fight with more lethal weapons but Britain is at least as violent. One of the things I don't like about living in Thailand is I can't have my Springfield 1911 45 here to defend my home.

I have not checked the statistics but I find it hard to believe that fewer people are killed in places that have more guns. I heard a while ago that more Americans are killed by their own guns than by other peoples guns. I certainly would feel much safer in a country where only trained police officers and the military had any guns than a country where everyone carried a gun. Here in the UK I am pretty sure we have far less shootings per capita than America but there are many other factors that explain that not just the different gun laws.

I very much doubt that this man would be alive even if he had had a gun. He was a fighter so would have tried to hit the shooter before using a gun. The shooter would have had his gun out and ready to fire and would have still shot before the victim had any chance to fire back. However if both men were unarmed they probably would both be alive today - one beaten up and the other worried about a revenge attack but most importantly ALIVE. As demonstrated in the second video - the driver had a beating but most probably lived as did everyone else. If the driver had had a gun people could have died.

A gun is not a good defence against another gun - whoever shoots first will most likely be the one who walks away! So if you carry a gun for protection, you have to shoot first and so will not know whether the other person was intending to kill you or even had a working gun. In other words you become the murderer - like a certain South African sportsman recently learnt.

An effective police force and widespread CCTV is far better at keeping you safe than arming every Tom, Dick and Harry. And while I am on my high horse, a lot more big brother watching us - phone tapping, email scanning etc. All those who oppose it because it invades their privacy should be more worried about saving lives than their insignificant secrets that no-one cares about anyway.

It almost didn't look real as it was so nonchalant doing it and leaving the scene. Even the son and others were probably in shock.

This guy's no stranger to killing if he can do it so calmly with no regard to others around within feet of him.

Seems like a very professional and experienced hitman judging by this vid. 3 shots to the head, then coolly and very focused back on his bike and away, without drawing any unnecessary attention to himself. He didn't mess the job in any way, so far not a clue to his identity. Very professional killer, in all likelihood this guy is no local thug but working for one of Phuket's top mafia.

Phuket road rage shooter will be caught soon police

Nattha Thepbamrung

1414664180_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers take Mr Chaliao's body away after the shooting.

PHUKET: Police believe it will not be long before they catch the man who shot dead motorbike taxi driver Chaliao Piyapanikul at around 9:30 am today (October 30).

Phuket Police Commander Maj Gen Patchara Boonprasit told the press this afternoon that the case was still being treated as one of road rage.

Witnesses told us that the victim use to be a boxer and was quite hot-tempered. They said that whenever he got into an argument he would start a fight.

We dont think the two men had met before. Witnesses said Mr Chaliao honked his horn continuously at the shooter, which may have raised the temperature, he explained.

They started shouting at each other until they stopped at the red light. Mr Chaliao said he was going to get the other man.

Witnesses said the other man warned Mr Chaliao many times that if he got off his bike he would be shot, but apparently he did not listen. After he got off the bike, he was shot around four times before the shooter left the scene.

I believe it will not be hard to find the gunman; Phuket police will definitely arrest him very soon, he added.

Phuket Town Police superintendent Sermphan Sirikong told The Phuket News that police have the license plate number of bike the shooter was riding but were not sure if the plates were fake or if the rider was also the owner of the bike.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-road-rage-shooter-%E2%80%98will-be-caught-soon%E2%80%99-police-49409.php

tpn.jpg

-- Phuket News 2014-10-30

Well, if all this is true, I'm wrong about the execution theory.

Yeah, me too. Looks like he messed with the wrong guy. Still surprised about the coolness of the execution, if hot temper and loss of control were responsible for the shooting.

Yeah, me too. Looks like he messed with the wrong guy. Still surprised about the coolness of the execution, if hot temper and loss of control were responsible for the shooting.

Oh Foxtrot Foxtrot Sierra. Spoke with my regular motosai guy just this morning. It was 'road rage'. Bring back the horse (buffaloe) and cart I say coffee1.gif Foxtrot Foxtrot witz.

BTW This happened (yeah, I know - reported) a couple of months ago where some t0sser fired at the back of a car travelling along Rawai Beach road containing, and injuring, Russians. So to all of you telling people to 'get out more', I have to disagree.

• Like 1

its a joke that this forum uploads this awful video shame on tv for this...sad.png

I'm sure I don't have to tell you that's how it is now. I remonstrated with some poster on YT who said 'Oh god I've just seen the video' re Koh Tao, asking him/her not to watch it. I would never do. Nor the 'beheadings'. I wouldn't want it all on my memorex. And the companies/groups who post it are, after all, simply garnering 'hits' coffee1.gif

Having said that, this particular video did tumble some expats here out of their sleepy 'rainbows and bloody kittens' perception of this place. Mentioning no names.

Why do the apologists always say 'It's not only Thailand'? If someone was molesting your 12 year old daughter and they said 'It's not only me' would that make it acceptable?

Bad analogy.

This is more correct

If someone would rape your daughter who happened to be American, and someone says, 'Typical American' would it not make sense to note that rape can be comitted by any nationality?

There are days when it seems that the world as we know it actually is hell and we simply try to make this hell kind of comfy until the true (and bad) colors shine through again, like on this video. Hope this guy will face the same sentence as the dance away double murderer.

• Like 1