Can I Buy Blu-tak Here ?

changchang

Blu-Tak is a blue chewing gum-like substance that comes in a packet of long strips. You roll small pieces of it into balls and use it to attach posters to the wall without risk of damaging the paint work. It is useful for a range of other purposes, limited only by your imagination :o:D .

I have also seen a yellow variety of Blu-Tak, though I seem to remember it was not so good.

Can I find Blu-Tak or something similar in Chiang Mai ? Where ?

Edited by changchang

Blu-Tak is a blue chewing gum-like substance that comes in a packet of long strips. You roll small pieces of it into balls and use it to attach posters to the wall without risk of damaging the paint work. It is useful for a range of other purposes, limited only by your imagination :o:D .

I have also seen a yellow variety of Blu-Tak, though I seem to remember it was not so good.

Can I find Blu-Tak or something similar in Chiang Mai ? Where ?

I had the same problem as you a few years ago, couldnt find it here in Thailand so brought some with me from back home. Turned out it didnt work, perhaps because of the heat, what do I know. Anyway the posters kept falling down...

I've seen it on our little island so surely Chiang Mai has it. Try a school supplies store or a stationery store. But, I agree with Meadish, it tends to unstick after awhile.

Found "UHU tac" at Carrefour. It comes in white and yellow flavours :D .

Have not tried it yet but can recall blu-tacked items unfurling from the walls during hot spells in other places. I could try chewing gum if the UHU stuff displays similar proclivities.

A related sticky issue : the sticky tape/sellotape/durex I bought here was only barely sticky :o .

That's kind of a personal question since we've never even been out on a date or anything......but what the heck.....I used some of the double sided tape to put up some adverts for one of my favorite guest houses...only on private property with the owner's approval of course...and also I tried for a long long time to get some self adhesive rubber stripping to put on doors so that they are quieter when you close them but couldn't find any....so....I bought some dish cleaning sponges (artificial sponge...not the real thing) which I cut into strips and stained them the same color as the door frames and stuck strips of them on the door frame (with the double sided tape) to cushion the door when it closes....works great and they haven't come loose at all. I'm not big on wall art but we've got three pictures of H.M. The King and one of Winnie the Pooh....all were gifts...they all have stiff backs and stand on little niches without adhesives of any sort.

Now its your turn...What wall art do you have Meadish?

Thanks, P1P. I am convinced UHU have ripped off the Blu-tak makers. If UHU has been able to replicate all the original herbs and spices, good luck to them, I suppose, but as a long time Blu-tak user I did feel a little bad buying the yellow and white tak.

Chownah, I am impressed by your creativity and attention to detail. You sound like just the person to ask for advice on improvising door-stops, which I haven't seen on sale here. I am referring to the wedge-shaped things that you place under the door to prevent them from slamming shut in a breeze. Newspaper does the job, but the aesthetics leave something to be desired.

Edited by changchang

That's kind of a personal question since we've never even been out on a date or anything......but what the heck.....I used some of the double sided tape to put up some adverts for one of my favorite guest houses...only on private property with the owner's approval of course...and also I tried for a long long time to get some self adhesive rubber stripping to put on doors so that they are quieter when you close them but couldn't find any....so....I bought some dish cleaning sponges (artificial sponge...not the real thing) which I cut into strips and stained them the same color as the door frames and stuck strips of them on the door frame (with the double sided tape) to cushion the door when it closes....works great and they haven't come loose at all. I'm not big on wall art but we've got three pictures of H.M. The King and one of Winnie the Pooh....all were gifts...they all have stiff backs and stand on little niches without adhesives of any sort.

Now its your turn...What wall art do you have Meadish?

Since I couldnt get that bloody blu-tart (or whatever you'na call it) to work, I ended up not putting up the enlarged photos of pops and some other relatives my cousin took a few years ago on a breathtakingly beautiful Midsummer's eve. So the walls are all quite empty.

The only thing up on the wall is a wall clock (not a cuckoo clock tho) and a King's almanac. Pretty barren really. And the curtains are revolting, but we keep them out of pity because it is a personal issue for the landlord and his wife, who went to great lengths to put them up for us seeing they were so beautiful.

Since I couldnt get that bloody blu-tart (or whatever you'na call it) to work, I ended up not putting up the enlarged photos of pops and some other relatives my cousin took a few years ago on a breathtakingly beautiful Midsummer's eve. So the walls are all quite empty.

The trick with a blu-tart is to warm her well before you try getting her to work. Once she is warmed up she may no longer be blue but you can be fairly sure of getting your money's worth!

The trick with a blu-tart is to warm her well before you try getting her to work. Once she is warmed up she may no longer be blue but you can be fairly sure of getting your money's worth!

Yes, yes, :o , but what about the door stops ?