DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"DNA results from the four state hospitals in Bangkok -- Police General Hospital, Ramathibodi Hospital, Siriraj Hospital and Chulalongkorn Hospital -- now show that the two men are not involved with the murders and so it is unnecessary to forward the DNA results to the British government because it had no doubt about the investigation being conducted by the Thai police, said Pol Lt Gen Prawut."

I am sure Pol Lt Gen Prawut is totally unfamiliar with the term "Chain of Evidence" since practicing such a procedure would get in the way of the systematic cover ups which appear to be the accepted method of operation when important and influential people are suspected of a crime.

Edited by jaltsc
  • Like 2

"DNA results from the four state hospitals in Bangkok -- Police General Hospital, Ramathibodi Hospital, Siriraj Hospital and Chulalongkorn Hospital -- now show that the two men are not involved with the murders and so it is unnecessary to forward the DNA results to the British government because it had no doubt about the investigation being conducted by the Thai police, said Pol Lt Gen Prawut."

Wanna bet?

The UK press will be all over this.

There's an election coming up.

One the Tories could very well lose and see their treacherous coalition partners destroyed as a political entity.

They will do whatever it takes to get favourable ratings.

And good press.

Is this a big enough story in the uk to sway votes?

It doesn't need to be big enough. It just needs the Daily Mail. These people will sit on the fence and be shepherded into the booths come election day. Win them and you take the "must back a winner" voter (i.e. you will see plenty of ground lost to the 3rd party in the run up only for them to fall short of expectation as people choose one of the 2 "traditional" parties = swing).

• Like 1

Wanna bet?

The UK press will be all over this.

There's an election coming up.

One the Tories could very well lose and see their treacherous coalition partners destroyed as a political entity.

They will do whatever it takes to get favourable ratings.

And good press.

Is this a big enough story in the uk to sway votes?
Right now they need every distraction and positive story they can get.

UKIP are all over their arse and anything seen as fighting for UK against Johnny Foreigner will attract the more right wing, isolationist vote.

They are fighting UKIP for that and in marginal seats (or even previously safe ones) a split in that vote between the tories and UKIP could let others in.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Them saying it doesn't make people believe it. Wonder how that report is going to read?

He didn't do it is how...

I was wondering how long it would take for a corruption apologist to show up on this thread.

He didn't do what? The murders or the (alleged) rape?

Edited by seahorse
  • Like 1

Spokesman Pol Lt Gen. Prawut Thavornsiri said DNA results taken from blood tests and mouth swabs of Warot Tuwichian, son of Woraphan, a Ko Tao village headman on the Gulf of Thailand resort island, did not match evidence and DNA of a cigarette stub collected from the island's beach and from Hannah Victoria Witheridge, one of the two British victims.

So his DNA was not on the cigarette stub and evidence collected at the scene of the crime.

Nothing about his DNA being on or in either of the bodies of the murdered.

I think they will have to do a little better than that.

That story feels like a load of bull to be honest.

Doesn't state whether they had the work permit or correct visa to be thinking about setting up anywhere in Thailand never mind Koh Tao.

They just happened to mention the "Mafia" too? Errr organised crime syndicates conversations don't normally crop up with complete strangers no matter where you are, that sounds more like under cover journos trying to get a story as opposed to two naive entrepreneur and their cheese mountains, my gut instinct is the whole story is as cheesy as it comes!!

• Like 1

You know, it could just be that he didn't do it.

However no matter what the BIB do, there is always a certain aroma, a bad feeling, attached to it.

The only way many people are going to accept DNA results is if they are not involved.

That is overseas.

Can't see it happening though.

Didn't do what - have sexual contact or murder?

As for sexual contact - maybe - maybe not - could well have used a condom and not the one discarded on the beach.

As for any other involvement with her eventual death - seems a lot of airy-fairy alibi information floating around - just hope the Bill gets to the bottom of it.

The first mistake the RTP/Government made was to treat this as 'just another farang death in Thailand and that it would eventually blow over. Not this time. They have seriously been caught with their pants down.

Agree. They had no idea that the UK police would get involved this time and that social media would track the case so thoroughly. I really hope that because of this they were slack on their corruption and have made some massive error in the beginning which ends up being their downfall and the truth is eventually found out.

There are so many people that believe this whole episode is a complete sham......including me.

The RTP appear overly enthusiastic to have these results in the media as soon as possible to "prove" there investigations.........and to have a press meeting, with the father and son at the table, indicates to me that they are desperate to convince all, that they are right.

The BP website carried a picture of the son holding up the finger from which blood was taken and a doctor / medical technician displaying the paper used to collect the blood.

Pure theatre and childish but totally in keeping with the way things are done.

correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the photos and video show them talking a swab from his mouth ?.... not blood ?

• Like 1

There are so many people that believe this whole episode is a complete sham......including me.

The RTP appear overly enthusiastic to have these results in the media as soon as possible to "prove" there investigations.........and to have a press meeting, with the father and son at the table, indicates to me that they are desperate to convince all, that they are right.

The BP website carried a picture of the son holding up the finger from which blood was taken and a doctor / medical technician displaying the paper used to collect the blood.

Pure theatre and childish but totally in keeping with the way things are done.

correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the photos and video show them talking a swab from his mouth ?.... not blood ?

Yes there was that picture and now one of him holding up his poor finger or was it giving the finger ?

• Like 1

The police put themselves in the firing line all the time with unnecessary comments. Why did they even need to state that the results would not be forwarded to the UK police?

They should note the way the UK police have handled themselves during their investigation observation. We've heard nothing from them at all.

• Like 1