Wanted Ultra Cheap Moto!

mallmagician

Hi all,

I know this is one really for the classifieds, but as this is Chiang Mai part, I thought it best suited for here!

I am after a cheap moto. Not fussed what sort. Just cheap, and preferably not a death trap.

I fancy a Vespa, but I assume they are more expensive than newer Honda's/Yamahas???

I saw a sign for a Honda 100CC bike outside Rimping the other day. 8000BAHT!!! Bargain. It had sold though!

Anyway, if you have a vehicle for sale, or know of where to get one, let me know! I will consider buying a TUK TUK if the price is right!

:o Phil

Hi all,

I know this is one really for the classifieds, but as this is Chiang Mai part, I thought it best suited for here!

I am after a cheap moto. Not fussed what sort. Just cheap, and preferably not a death trap.

I fancy a Vespa, but I assume they are more expensive than newer Honda's/Yamahas???

I saw a sign for a Honda 100CC bike outside Rimping the other day. 8000BAHT!!! Bargain. It had sold though!

Anyway, if you have a vehicle for sale, or know of where to get one, let me know! I will consider buying a TUK TUK if the price is right!

If you buy an "Ultra Cheap" motorcycle chances are you will be pushing it more than riding it and constantly spending money on it. For only approx. B20,000 you'll get something that is probably reliable. Vespa's are expensive.

Hi all,

If you buy an "Ultra Cheap" motorcycle chances are you will be pushing it more than riding it and constantly spending money on it. For only approx. B20,000 you'll get something that is probably reliable. Vespa's are expensive.

A cheap bike here doesn't need to pertain to its mechanics- it could be a great running bike, but one that can't get registered... A very common bike for sale around here.

Big scooter at Chokchai Market on the Mae Jo road on Sundays, everything from old 70cc's at say 6k-ish to slightly used 125's at 30+k. But as BB says, you takes your chances! I looked there and saw some decent deals, but opted for a used one from Niyom Paniche, because there was a guarantee, such as it is, and at least I know where to find them!

There are also small shops around with some bikes with serious wear on them that I guess you could get for 5-6k or so, but as mentioned above, it might turn into your new hobby.

Edited by calibanjr.

I lived in Chiang Mai for a couple of years 1999 to 2000 and I used to buy bikes from the big cattle market, It was about 20 km south of CM past San Pa Tong, it was only once a week I think it was on Saturday morning (could have been Sunday) Although it was a cattle market there used to motor cycle traders selling bikes, it was farley big with up to 1000 bikes for sale in all price ranges, I brought 3 from there and had no problems with registration etc.

I have not been to CM since 2000 so not sure they still hold, maybe some could tell me.