Just a weed

sometime

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Beng....

I wouldn't be rolling that up because it's not what you think it is.

It looks like the "chaste" plant to me but not 100% sure.

The real deal is pictured below FYI...

post-146250-0-84846100-1436427254_thumb.

Stay informed & stay safe...

Beng....

I wouldn't be rolling that up because it's not what you think it is.

It looks like the "chaste" plant to me but not 100% sure.

The real deal is pictured below FYI...

attachicon.gifReal Deal.jpg

Stay informed & stay safe...

Well thanks, but I was aware of what it not is.

This image is taken using a Canon 100mm F2.8 macro lens attached to a Sony A6000 adapted via a Commlite adaptor at f2.8 and exposure at 1/160 .

The system is ok , but the Canon lenses hunt wildly , sometimes gaining auto focus although rarely . The 100mm seems to be affected the worst in the line up , so manual is the given here.

It would appear as though Picasa cannot deal with a Sony Raw file as well , I think the file is ARW , and I have tried to download a Codec file viewer to Picasa to no avail either.

I have to download to LR as well to be able to view the images and edit . In Picasa they are Greyed out and I cannot process at all , the files out of camera are around 30+mb ,much larger

than Olympus files and Canon respectively . If someone has the answer to my problem referring to Picasa , would you please help ? I am using PS Elements 12 for editing .

P6250142%2BWeed%2BFlower.jpg

@goompa. I can't advise ref Picasa but you might consider the Canon 50mm f2.5 macro for your work. The 100mm you're using equates to 150mm on a cropped sensor and may be just too long. The 50mm @ 75mm would be ideal. Further it also doubles a a great "normal" lens being fast, sharp and distortion free. Cheap also. I have this lens for my 5D MK2 and can vouch for it.

Just a thought.

@goompa. I can't advise ref Picasa but you might consider the Canon 50mm f2.5 macro for your work. The 100mm you're using equates to 150mm on a cropped sensor and may be just too long. The 50mm @ 75mm would be ideal. Further it also doubles a a great "normal" lens being fast, sharp and distortion free. Cheap also. I have this lens for my 5D MK2 and can vouch for it.

Just a thought.

Thank you very much fg , or with respect FG , actually I never knew this lens existed tbh , I use the 100 on the 5d iii , but I was never happy with it so I decided to improvise a little and see what I could achieve on another body . The lens is a non-is and as I am a bit shaky it really arks me up !

I will check out the 50 2.5 and see if evilbay has something to offer , I just wish that the interface between some of these lenses would be more forgiving

I have a fair bit of equipment now but absolutely no skills to use it , anyway ... onward and upward .

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived