Aussie jogger fights off would-be Phuket rapist

Lite Beer

Its a shame but not-reporting tourist violence is not the same as being a safe place. Seriously, does anybody actually know how dangerous it is to live in this Country? At least in the Philippines they have private security to the level it feels like Manila is under a constant state of occupation....In China, the mobilize right down to the block community leader if any serious crime against expat so nobody dares...Thailand.....well gee so much of martial law tourism....

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why she refused to give her name, and declined to make a complaint.

I was thinking that myself.

I can understand not giving her name because of possible reprisals. But to not press charges??

Does she even realise that had this piece of trash managed to overpower her, he would certainly not have left her alive to tell the story.

Her refusal to press charges against this scum, keeps him on the streets to do it again and again till he is finally caught.

This woman is part of the problem. It should not be up to her to make the decision whether or not this crime is investigated.... Well it won't be investigated now, thanks to her.

Would YOU fancy the BIB trawling through your personal life and leering at you while asking a bunch of questions? Most of he BIB I have encountered, mostly when being stopped for some imagined traffic offense haven't looked like much more than fat slobs, except those who are drainpipe thin with a disinterested sneer on their face.

Note to BiB......your reputation precedes you.

As you can see one Thai can not handle one western women. Should have done it the old Thai way and have 10 friends join in. But good for the women fighting back at the scum bag.

What a load of crap. Doesn't it really depend on the individuals?

I can understand not giving her name because of possible reprisals. But to not press charges??

Does she even realise that had this piece of trash managed to overpower her, he would certainly not have left her alive to tell the story.

Her refusal to press charges against this scum, keeps him on the streets to do it again and again till he is finally caught.

This woman is part of the problem. It should not be up to her to make the decision whether or not this crime is investigated.... Well it won't be investigated now, thanks to her.

Would YOU fancy the BIB trawling through your personal life and leering at you while asking a bunch of questions? Most of he BIB I have encountered, mostly when being stopped for some imagined traffic offense haven't looked like much more than fat slobs, except those who are drainpipe thin with a disinterested sneer on their face.

Yeah, her unwillingness to press charges Im sure has more to do with lack of faith in the legal system and its ability to help her or catch the real offender than anything.

You posters who accuse her of selfishness are about as insensitive and downright thoughtless as they come! Not to mention plain ignorant.

Its a well known fact rape victims get treated badly by just about every legal system in the world, including the Commonwealth model. I imagine the Thai system is particularly brutal. She is probably a TV member and well aware of this from various forums etc.

I cant think of many other instances where a person is more entitled to be selfish than in the case of rape or its attempt.

You people who would pillory her for that need to calm down, stop beating those oh-so-hairy chests and switch your brains on.

• Like 2

She did not file a complaint ... so he is free to rape another day .... Well done.

So.................. she is guilty? She has raised awareness, that there are people out there of the same attitude as some of the posters here, who disrespect women, and basically any other person.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

Excellent description. 25-30 years old with brown teeth.thumbsup.gif

Was he asian looking with black hair?blink.png

I don't suppose taking detailed notes about her attacker's description was top of her priority list when he was trying to rape her.

But while you were mocking the woman you forgot to mention that she did describe his clothing also.

• Like 1

"This woman is part of the problem."

You really should be ashamed of that moronic statement. She most certainly isn't part "of the problem"

• Like 2

To say this woman is part of the problem of rape is about as unbelievably stupid as it gets.

I'm thinking if she hadn't been jogging along a secluded road in a scanty jogging outfit, there wouldn't have been a problem.

What do you think?

Would she have been doing the same thing in India, Saudi or Nigeria?

How do you think that would have gone?

You have some information that no-one else has about the "scanty jogging outfit" you claim she was wearing?

Of course not, you just imagined it.

• Like 2

For all you <deleted> that think it's the woman's fault for jogging. You are in the same context as dear general who thinks that only ugly women should wear bikinis at the beach. You should be ashamed of yourself, you are part of the problem. Maybe all women should stay home and wear burkas when out? <deleted> off!

I didn't see anywhere that someone said it was her fault. You have one of those tiny little brains that allow you to hear only what you want. The point a lot of people are trying to make is that it is very dangerous for a woman to go jogging alone in Thailand and if a woman does, she is taking a great risk. If you think it is so safe, why don't you send your daughter or wife out alone on a deserted street to go jogging every day?

• Like 2

Could I get some clarification please from AOA and CC. So if it is her fault she gets raped, because she wore shorts, ( as in example man with money hanging from pockets) does it then follow that the rapist should then murder her to prevent ( your) his brown teeth leading to him (you) being identified as the rapist? Because it seems that in your point of view, it is her fault in the first place, and he is innocent of HIS crimes. Oh you people make me laugh. A+ for imagination/ fantasy. D- for intelligence.

• Like 2

why decline to file a complain ? so next victim is also on her

I can think of many reasons for her to decline filing a complaint. And any next victim is on the potential rapist. Not on the victim(s).

Spot on.

There are many very good reasons why a female farang (ie obvious and probably easy to find) in Phuket would decline to press charges. The guy can come back to finish her off anytime. She can hardly hide and will be conspicuous wherever she goes. Plus she may have developed a scepticism that Thai police can actually find the guy and/or protect her.

Is this really rocket science??

Can you people howling that she will be responsible for the next attack be real, or just trolling??

Mai dee, you really are mai dee mate. Mai chalad too.

There is a reported rape roughly every 15 minutes, according to the official Thai stats.The real rate is believed to be at least double that figure because so many women do not report the assault (the police are not generally interested unless the victim is a falang or a hi-so Thai). It's something all women tourists and families visiting Thailand should be aware of.

Possibly did not want to suffer the indignaty of being paraded in front of the press at the local police station. The Government really needs to put a stop to this rediculous and inhuman practice.

It wouldn't be the first time an Australian girl claimed to be raped while it never happened.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/aussie-jailed-for-fake-rape-claim/story-fn6e1m7z-1226397266193?nk=be8a4add088d53073fdba09bf1bd3b29

Yes it did happen. And the shameless coverage vilifying that girl, particularly by the PW posting a photo from her FB page of her in a sparkly party frock in between two young guys, an obvious model shoot for the camera, to dent her credibility was despicable and has lead to the ongoing molestation, rape and murder of young farang women here, with impunity. And all to protect their share of the tourism pie. Disgusting bah.gif

Edited by jpeg

Fat slobs?

Have yet to see a Thai cop come close to stealing the fat slob title that farangs have held for decades.

Could I get some clarification please from AOA and CC. So if it is her fault she gets raped, because she wore shorts, ( as in example man with money hanging from pockets) does it then follow that the rapist should then murder her to prevent ( your) his brown teeth leading to him (you) being identified as the rapist? Because it seems that in your point of view, it is her fault in the first place, and he is innocent of HIS crimes. Oh you people make me laugh. A+ for imagination/ fantasy. D- for intelligence.

Your reading comprehension skills are below are at a primary school level.

You have completely misunderstood and misinterpreted what was stated.

There are some TV members that read and communicate at your level and would find your company entertaining--I suggest you search them out for the benefit of all.

Enjoy your day.

To say this woman is part of the problem of rape is about as unbelievably stupid as it gets.

I'm thinking if she hadn't been jogging along a secluded road in a scanty jogging outfit, there wouldn't have been a problem.

What do you think?

So you get in the mood for a good rapin' when you see a woman jogging in shorts (are running shorts 'scanty' - Ive seen plenty of Thai women running and playing sport in shorts - seems pretty normal here)?

Im guessing not. So why is this guy somehow partly understandable because he does?

Surely Phuket isnt some backswards arsed location in India etc where rape is considered the womans fault and all part of a good day out for the boys? And where white women are a rare sight?

Women both Thai and farang regularly wear shorts in Phuket - its a common sight.

The guy is a gutless rapist - the only motivation to his behaviour is in his own head, not in her apparell.

Reality is phuket and just about everywhere in Thailand is potentially that backward. Ask a supposedlt educated Thai what he thinks about the reasons for rape. Women are the teasers, the ones who bring it on themselves. Men, PAH, they just can't be held responsible agaisnt the wiles of these foxes.

The populous of every town has a huge number of basically educated labour who.spend their day slaving for 300 baht looking at neon lit women they can't touch.

The whole thing makes the place like a repressed powder keg.

• Like 1

What do you think?

You have some information that no-one else has about the "scanty jogging outfit" you claim she was wearing?

Of course not, you just imagined it.

You mean she jogs in a parka?

Everyone I have seen jogging in thailand wears lightweight nylon running clothes.

Something about the humidity and tropical clime.

• Like 1