Successful ED visa from Vientiane (3rd year of study)

Thank you!

I will go for my 3rd year in Savannakhet in 3 weeks, so this was helfpul for me.

I will bring up that cancellation letter thing with my school. That seems to be a new requirement. Last year it worked without for me.

You said something like you better would have paid the 18k somewhere else and not leave the country. But I'm told by my school, that this option to extend the visa longer than one year in Thailand itself no longer exists. Also read that here in the forum.

Wait until they start complaining no students want to study here anymore.
They will probably blame westerners for that in some way...
Why dont they look at what International countries are doing to allow them to study abroad?
Its so much easier than trying to create a system that sucks!

Sorry it was this year, I wrote November when actually it was October! :-)

The cancellation letter thing needed to be done in Thailand before you cross the border, and it doesn't take very long as long as you have the letter - the problem for me was actually getting it faxed to the immigration office then struggling to print it out.

The funny thing was my girlfriend (who is Thai) kept saying: "this is why Thailand will never go up, because nobody knows how to do anything on computers" but when it was her chance to print the email, she couldn't do it either. LOL.

Also I just heard from a friend today who is doing the exact same trip, that he had some big problems at the border and got to the embassy too late today so will have to apply tomorrow (Friday) and extend his trip. He's quite annoyed. I'll find out what the issues were in due course I guess and post on here, if he doesn't anyway.

• 3 months later...

Also I just heard from a friend today who is doing the exact same trip, that he had some big problems at the border and got to the embassy too late today so will have to apply tomorrow (Friday) and extend his trip. He's quite annoyed. I'll find out what the issues were in due course I guess and post on here, if he doesn't anyway.

What kind of big problems did he have while entering...? Funny thing, which might be new, is all visas (cancellations too), are put into a computer system and they take your photo. Did takeforever at Hua Hin immigration as the nice lady had no clue how to operate a pc (I had to help her a little)