basic visa questions (first trip to Cambodia)

There are limits to how often you can add pages to a US passport, I htink it's twice. I know that hwen last I did it I was told I would not be able to do so again, if the pages fill up then I have to get a new passport no matter how much time left on the old one.

One of the reasons why I now favor e-visas.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are limits to how often you can add pages to a US passport, I htink it's twice. I know that hwen last I did it I was told I would not be able to do so again, if the pages fill up then I have to get a new passport no matter how much time left on the old one.

Just the other day a friend his third addition added to his passport.

it all depends on the condition but over the years seems 3 is max.

who cares about getting a new one?

its only another $28

NOTE' in Bangkok they will give u TWO sets ( the first 2) for the price of one where as the embassy in Cambodia will NOT

I have never gotten a evisa for Cambodia,( in the past 12 years) prefer to pay 100 baht to sit near the front of the plane

or just get it at the border, never been asked for more than the $20 (before)

Kwai; sorry about the 48vs 52. My last passport was issued in Phnom Phen in 2008 and they only had 28 page ones than so assumed that 48 page ones would be available as thats what they were before they went with the chip inside.

Have only had ONE passport issued in the states and that was back in 1967 :-)

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

I had 48 pages added in BKK once. I would not want more. It was so thick and hard to find the current stamp. It also takes much longer when going back to the US because they start asking a lot of questions.

I just renewed mine even though it still had 4 years and about 20 blank pages left.

its only another $28

NOTE' in Bangkok they will give u TWO sets ( the first 2) for the price of one where as the embassy in Cambodia will NOT

I have never gotten a evisa for Cambodia,( in the past 12 years) prefer to pay 100 baht to sit near the front of the plane

Kwai; sorry about the 48vs 52. My last passport was issued in Phnom Phen in 2008 and they only had 28 page ones than so assumed that 48 page ones would be available as thats what they were before they went with the chip inside.

Have only had ONE passport issued in the states and that was back in 1967

The 52 page passport came into effect when the increase of fees were applied a while back. While a standard 28 page passport is available in the US for 110 USD if you reside over seas and are in the US visiting you can renew your passport in the US for the same 110 USD and get 52 pages. I renewed my passport back on March 6 at the US Consulate in Chiang Mia, March 12 had an email from them..Come an Get it.. 6 day turn around.

its only another $28

The 52 page passport came into effect when the increase of fees were applied a while back. While a standard 28 page passport is available in the US for 110 USD if you reside over seas and are in the US visiting you can renew your passport in the US for the same 110 USD and get 52 pages. I renewed my passport back on March 6 at the US Consulate in Chiang Mia, March 12 had an email from them..Come an Get it.. 6 day turn around.

Wow! I am in the US and it took me 5 weeks! Did you pay extra to get it so quick? Edited by BKKSnowBird

its only another $28

Wow! I am in the US and it took me 5 weeks! Did you pay extra to get it so quick?

No.This is standard for Chiang Mai. The standard song is 2 weeks but 6 days is standard and yes it comes from the US diplomatic pouch.