Brit arrested in Phuket with ganja and ice

webfact

Brit arrested in Phuket with ganja and ice
Eakkapop Thongtub

1415069252_1-org.jpg
Smedley (left) and Prasit with their mind-altering substances.

PHUKET: -- A British man was among seven people arrested for drug possession yesterday (November 3) as part of a police drive against drugs in the run-up to the Loy Kratong Festival.

Police led by Lt Col Suthichai Tienpoe arrested Jason Smedley, 36, in his rented room on Pisitkoranee Rd at 3am.

A search of the room turned up a bag of pressed hash weighing 5.38 grams, two bags of powdered crystal methamphetamine (ya ice) weighing a total of 0.66 grams, a bag of liquid ya ice weighing 0.43 grams and a pipe for smoking the meth.

Smedley was charged with possession of a Category 1 drug with intent to sell and possession of a Category 5 drug (the hashish).

On the same morning, police searched the Rasta Bar on Ha Sip Pi Rd, arresting Prasit Onlien, 29, and seizing pressed hashish weighing 3.8 grams. He was charged with possession.

In the afternoon officers caught two groups of Burmese in the act of cooking up kratom leaves. At a rented room on Sainamyen Rd they and seized an electric pot and boiled kratom leaves and arrested two Burmese, Wat aged 30 and Wen aged 31.

In another rented room they arrested three Burmese – Aokee, 25, Pan, 28, and Mong, 29 – and seized fresh kratom leaves and a bag of already cooked kratom.

The five were charged with possession.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/brit-arrested-in-phuket-with-ganja-and-ice-49478.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-11-04

From Wikipedia:

"As of October 2, 2013 the justice ministry of Thailand suggested removal of Kratom from the narcotic drug list relating to Category 5 of the Narcotic Drug Law of 1979, though still recommended regulating kratom in other ways due to its effects on the nervous system. This recommendation will be made to the Ministry of Public Health, which can move forward with the removal from the list or not.[29]"

• Like 2

He does not look like 36 to me. But then again, ice does that to a person. coffee1.gif

@Somtamnication: That's funny; it was the very first thing I noticed: his age is supposedly 36, they could've easily switched the digits ! ! ! ! I mean; I am 65 but I don't look anything like his age appears to be . . . . . . . . . . L.O.L.

cheesy.gif

But but but, he don't look British smile.png

But ,but but BRITISH now days can be any colour,creed,religion,a person can have the appearance Idi Amin and be British,It depends on the passport.English is something else,O.K

But but but, you feel something go over your head just now?

Sarcasm my friend, the highest form of wit I've been told :)