Phuket gang leader pistol-whips wrong guy

webfact

Phuket gang leader pistol-whips wrong guy

Darawan Naknakhon

g.jpg

Bank Arlang with two of his gang and their arsenal.

PHUKET: -- Teen gang leader Bank Arlang made a big mistake yesterday afternoon (November 3) when he threatened a creditor with a gun, ordered him to strip and then pistol-whipped him across the face before kicking him out of the house in Talad Yai.

The 15-year-old creditor (name withheld) who had gone to collect on a debt of B1,000 promptly went to the police and told them about the incident, mentioning that Bank and five teens were smoking crystal methamphetamine (ya ice) when the beating took place.

Three hours later police swooped and arrested 24-year-old Bank and five others at the house.

They seized Banks 9mm Chinese-made Norinco pistol, another stainless steel 9mm pistol, three magazines, 46 .38mm bullets, 67 9mm bullets, five 6.35mm bullets and a bag of ya ice weighing 0.20 grams.

They also seized a sword, a walkie-talkie, a pair of handcuffs, three phones and a motorbike they suspect might have been stolen. They are currently checking who the owner is.

Pol Lt Col Somsak Thonggleang said that Bank real name Kertchai Boonrit admitted that the guns and ammo belonged to him.

He explained that he had them to protect himself because he frequently ends up in altercations with local teenagers.

He was charged with illegal possession of firearms and ammunition, and of a Category 1 drug.

Police also took Keittisak Weerachot, 20, Kanawat Thingwai, 19, and three others under the age of 18 to the station for questioning.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-gang-leader-pistol-whips-wrong-guy-49479.php

tpn.jpg

-- Phuket News 2014-11-04

I'd like to see one of those .38 mm bullets. coffee1.gif

Looks more like a .38 caliber round but the writer is accustomed to measurements in mm.

Simple enough mistake, but what troubles me is the age of the assailants and the access they have to this firepower.

Ya Ice + Youth + Firearms = Indiscriminate Killings

Nice job by the kid who contacted the police and to the RTP for job well done.

• Like 1

Three hours later??!!

Highly suspicious as that is way too expeditious for the local plod. In most cases they are a no show, just as they have been in the Human Rights Committee summons over the Koh Tao murders.

The article appears to show you don't know what you are talking about.

• Like 1

Three hours later??!!

Highly suspicious as that is way too expeditious for the local plod. In most cases they are a no show, just as they have been in the Human Rights Committee summons over the Koh Tao murders.

The article appears to show you don't know what you are talking about.

How's that then? Not the usual 'rush' by the police, only a 'swoop' 3 hours after being 'tipped-off'. I must have missed a news item, because so far as I've read the RTP haven't attended the HRC summons to discusss the alleged 'coercion' of the 2 Burmese guys held in custody. The reason RTP gave for not attending is at best lame, if not contemptible.

At the age of 15 all these in possession ???? Bloody hell wondering when they are 30 what will they have on or with them? APC, Tanks, chenuk? Apache?

Will they be prosecuted ???

The boy who was beaten was 15. The three shown hear were late teens 19 or 20.

The fat slob needed the guns as he could not run away.

Jail for 20 years in adult prison

• Like 2

"Police also took Keittisak Weerachot, 20, Kanawat Thingwai, 19, and three others under the age of 18 to the station for questioning."

and off course, released as they will claim they are not part of the gang, but only visiting a friend

Three hours later??!!

Phuket has had a big clean-up & I still retain vague hopes that the modus operandum was a test run for a lot of other really corrupt places (other islands, etc, etc. They have a strong army & navy presence there still apparently, so the police might still be in good behavior mode.

At the age of 15 all these in possession ???? Bloody hell wondering when they are 30 what will they have on or with them? APC, Tanks, chenuk? Apache?

Will they be prosecuted ???

The boy who was beaten was 15. The three shown hear were late teens 19 or 20.

Jail for 20 years in adult prison

Not sure if that's racist, sexist or obesist or a mixture of all three. Whatever - love it.

How's that then? Not the usual 'rush' by the police, only a 'swoop' 3 hours after being 'tipped-off'. I must have missed a news item, because so far as I've read the RTP haven't attended the HRC summons to discusss the alleged 'coercion' of the 2 Burmese guys held in custody. The reason RTP gave for not attending is at best lame, if not contemptible.

Burmese? I didn't read that these guys were Burmese. Perhaps you are confusing it with another incident.

As for 3 hours...yes, that is quite quick actually given the nature of the tip-off. Three hours would give the police an opportunity to verify the accusation, time to discuss possible suspects with the local beat cops, time to gather a large enough force to overwhelm the armed and drugged up suspects, etc..

Cheers

• Like 1