Phuket gang leader pistol-whips wrong guy

webfact

How's that then? Not the usual 'rush' by the police, only a 'swoop' 3 hours after being 'tipped-off'. I must have missed a news item, because so far as I've read the RTP haven't attended the HRC summons to discusss the alleged 'coercion' of the 2 Burmese guys held in custody. The reason RTP gave for not attending is at best lame, if not contemptible.

Burmese? I didn't read that these guys were Burmese. Perhaps you are confusing it with another incident.

As for 3 hours...yes, that is quite quick actually given the nature of the tip-off. Three hours would give the police an opportunity to verify the accusation, time to discuss possible suspects with the local beat cops, time to gather a large enough force to overwhelm the armed and drugged up suspects, etc..

Cheers

Clutch, one of my best friend on TV, is again defending his favorite brown boys...clap2.gifcheesy.gif

How's that then? Not the usual 'rush' by the police, only a 'swoop' 3 hours after being 'tipped-off'. I must have missed a news item, because so far as I've read the RTP haven't attended the HRC summons to discusss the alleged 'coercion' of the 2 Burmese guys held in custody. The reason RTP gave for not attending is at best lame, if not contemptible.

Burmese? I didn't read that these guys were Burmese. Perhaps you are confusing it with another incident.

As for 3 hours...yes, that is quite quick actually given the nature of the tip-off. Three hours would give the police an opportunity to verify the accusation, time to discuss possible suspects with the local beat cops, time to gather a large enough force to overwhelm the armed and drugged up suspects, etc..

Cheers

Clutch, one of my best friend on TV, is again defending his favorite brown boys...clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Hello Amigo,

Not so much a defense of the Thai police but an attempt to explain to the naive poster what actually occurs following a complaint of a criminal act the world over.

And when it comes to law enforcement agencies the world over, the RTP are most certainly not my favorite; however, I do recognize they do a better job of keeping the streets safe than many posters seem to understand.

Thanks for a good-natured post. Seriously. Thanks.

• Like 1

Cheers

Hello Amigo,

Not so much a defense of the Thai police but an attempt to explain to the naive poster what actually occurs following a complaint of a criminal act the world over.

And when it comes to law enforcement agencies the world over, the RTP are most certainly not my favorite; however, I do recognize they do a better job of keeping the streets safe than many posters seem to understand.

Thanks for a good-natured post. Seriously. Thanks.

I come to Thailand since 1992 , never had any problem with RTP . guess depends on where u live . when i was to drunk to drive home on me bike a local copper asked me how i would go back home , I told him that i would walk along the beach , he sayed " no way you walk , " he took his private car to get me home safe . My brother in law was driving me old pick-up truck , boat in tha back sticking out more then half of the length and I sat on the boat so it would not fall out , counterweight , me son and daughter in tha boat to , police stopped us and asked for driverlicense , " expired 7 years , been in washingmachine several times " copper looks at all of us , has a big smile and just sayed " pay pay pay " no probs , they are not all bad .

• Like 2

Nothing could display Thailand's sad future better than this picture!

Eradication of street gangs, mafia circles along with harsh punishments for parents who bring up such kids through neglect and superficiality should be on top of Gen. PM Praytuth's priority list if he truly wishes to change this country for the better.

But as it seems, crackdowns on foreigners with overstay, illegal tourguides or dive shop owners who have the nerve to object to and expose the wrongdoings of Thailand's corrupt national park rangers are more important... right?

Edited by catweazle

Three hours later??!!

Under Thai' law; there's no such thing as "entry/arrest attempt based on Probable Cause"; - for these cops to manage to obtain a Judges Warrant within 3 hours is actually a very expedient effort.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Eradication of street gangs, mafia circles along with harsh punishments for parents who bring up such kids through neglect and superficiality should be on top of Gen. PM Praytuth's priority list if he truly wishes to change this country for the better.

But as it seems, crackdowns on foreigners with overstay, illegal tourguides or dive shop owners who have the nerve to object to and expose the wrongdoings of Thailand's corrupt national park rangers are more important... right?

It isn't always the parents that are to blame. There were 6 kids in our family all raised pretty much the same way and only 1 turned out to be a problem. Not my parents fault.

At the age of 15 all these in possession ???? Bloody hell wondering when they are 30 what will they have on or with them? APC, Tanks, chenuk? Apache?

Will they be prosecuted ???

Try reading a bit more about this story.

It was the boy who reported them that is 15 this lot of heroes are older.

Police also took Keittisak Weerachot, 20, Kanawat Thingwai, 19, and three others under the age of 18 to the station for questioning.

"Three hours later police swooped and arrested 24-year-old Bank and five others at the house."

"Police also took Keittisak Weerachot, 20, Kanawat Thingwai, 19, and three others under the age of 18 to the station for questioning."

and off course, released as they will claim they are not part of the gang, but only visiting a friend

"and off course, released..."

I think you're reading the wrong OP, that wasn't reported anywhere.

Sometimes they need to be supported, not defended, when they do a good job. The diligent police producing results do not need to be defended from the toothless sheep that like to bash them on this forum.

Everytime, I read about Phuket Crime, I am asking myself: Why should that be Thailand phenomenon? ;-)

- Founded by Indians

- settled by Malay

- pirate base for 100s of years for pirates of Malay and Rohynga origin

- controlled by Peranakan (mixture of Straits Chinese and Malay)

- coming under Thai control only after Britain decided to concentrate on Penang instead of Thalong

Actually, seeing this 24 old gang leader in Bangkok, I would never assume, he is a a Thai, but a Malay on holidays.

<Big grin>