US midterm elections: Barack Obama’s legacy could be ruined in one day

webfact

Well, I don't know about the assertion that his legacy will be ruined by losing control of the Senate. In my view, his legacy is clear, Obamacare and moving forward LGBT civil rights. I just don't see that legacy being reversed by the republicans winning the Senate. Will they win the Senate? Well, it appears so at this point.

The naivete of this position is only marginally outweighed by Obama's clear duplicity. Obama was anti-gay marriage until just six months prior to his second election, which is consistent with Obama's customary dishonesty. Ask the hispanics about his shifting (three times) stance regarding immigration reform. Anyone who really believes in this pathetic excuse of a man (can there be anyone weaker than one who constantly blames others for his failures) is in serious need of help.

You don't think it's good that he changes his line to reflect a shift in society? You want a president that can't accept when he is wrong?

• Like 1

Well, I don't know about the assertion that his legacy will be ruined by losing control of the Senate. In my view, his legacy is clear, Obamacare and moving forward LGBT civil rights. I just don't see that legacy being reversed by the republicans winning the Senate. Will they win the Senate? Well, it appears so at this point.

The naivete of this position is only marginally outweighed by Obama's clear duplicity. Obama was anti-gay marriage until just six months prior to his second election, which is consistent with Obama's customary dishonesty. Ask the hispanics about his shifting (three times) stance regarding immigration reform. Anyone who really believes in this pathetic excuse of a man (can there be anyone weaker than one who constantly blames others for his failures) is in serious need of help.

On the GLBT civil rights part, it doesn't matter what Obama's public position once was. For his legacy it matters what he accomplished and the leadership he demonstrated on these issues. BTW, gays knew all along he was a friend, and some accepted his political game to wait until the second term, and some didn't. The GLBT civil rights movement is a work in progress, but the trend is there, and Obama deserves great credit for moving it forward, and is understood to have done more on those issues than any other U.S. president combined.

For the record, I am disappointed with Obama's overall performance but who isn't, he kind of promised the moon, didn't he? But the way he will be judged by history is a much more complex matter and we're too close to it now to really know.

All presidents are political animals. But they all deal with the political forces differently. Like I said, overall I have been disappointed with Obama's leadership performance. For example, I think he should have pushed harder for REAL health reform, something more like the Canadian system while the iron was hot and then maybe we would have gotten something better than the result, which is in some ways a welfare program for the for profit medical industry and insurance industry. Not an expert on him, but my feeling is he just doesn't really like the SCHMOOZING game with congress very much (like Bill Clinton did) and thus has been very limited in what he can get done.

Edited by Jingthing

You don't think it's good that he changes his line to reflect a shift in society? You want a president that can't accept when he is wrong?

He changes his 'line' to achieve his goals (not due to a revelation, or sensitivity to society), which is why he shifted back and forth regarding the immigration issue. Regarding your second question, I appears you did not grasp the meaning of the last sentence in my post you quoted.

Maybe he is right and others are to blame. Think about what he's had to work against. Think about the economic environment he inherited. If it was up to people like you, he would have been a lame duck from day 1, but he never has been.

• Like 1

His legacy will be long remembered most fondly by President Jimmy Carter, who now is being considered in some quarters as the second worst President in US history.

The worst being the moron Dubbya?

Obama gets negative grades for his handling of most key issues:

• Negative 40 - 55 percent for handling the economy;
  • Negative 37 - 57 percent for foreign policy;
  • Negative 40 - 58 percent for health care;
  • 50 - 40 percent for the environment;
  • Negative 44 - 51 percent for terrorism;

Obama has been a better president than George W. Bush, 39 percent of voters say, while 40 percent say he is worse. Men say 43 - 36 percent that Obama is worse than Bush while women say 42 - 38 percent he is better. Obama is worse, Republicans say 79 - 7 percent and independent voters say 41 - 31 percent. Democrats say 78 - 4 percent that he is better.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2056

And what percentage of those polled are redneck?

Where was the poll taken?

• Like 1

All presidents are political animals. But they all deal with the political forces differently. Like I said, overall I have been disappointed with Obama's leadership performance. For example, I think he should have pushed harder for REAL health reform, something more like the Canadian system while the iron was hot and then maybe we would have gotten something better than the result, which is in some ways a welfare program for the for profit medical industry and insurance industry. Not an expert on him, but my feeling is he just doesn't really like the SCHMOOZING game with congress very much (like Bill Clinton did) and thus has been very limited in what he can get done.

Yeah, he's not a schmoozer, and that's a rare and great thing in a politician.

Schmoozing might get results, but at a cost to your principles.

Getting the job done should be the principles a great politician/leader. Sorry, I feel let down by him overall but again he has the legacy of those two issues. If the people aren't with you: SELL the HELL out of it. Maybe he has tried sometimes, but he's just not very good at it.

Edited by Jingthing

Obama's legacy could be ruined in one day? How short-sighted can someone be... He's been working tooth and nail for the last 6 years to secure his position as the worst president in the history of the US...

Ben Stein on President Obama...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47_H4GE6L40

What would you expect he would say? We all know the Jewish lobby is disappointed in Obama.

Getting the job done should be the principles a great politician/leader. Sorry, I feel let down by him overall but again he has the legacy of those two issues. If the people aren't with you: SELL the HELL out of it. Maybe he has tried sometimes, but he's just not very good at it.

That's machiavellian, the end justifies the means. I think principles are a higher goal. It's admirable to concede when wrong and then change tack, but not to sacrifice beliefs as a trade off.

That's machiavellian, the end justifies the means. I think principles are a higher goal. It's admirable to concede when wrong and then change tack, but not to sacrifice beliefs as a trade off.

I'm not all that convinced he has strong principles either. Are you?

Obama's legacy could be ruined in one day? How short-sighted can someone be... He's been working tooth and nail for the last 6 years to secure his position as the worst president in the history of the US...

What would you expect he would say? We all know the Jewish lobby is disappointed in Obama.

Former speech writer for American presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. He's hardly going to be impartial. He's part of the propaganda machine.

But you're wrong and that is VERY PERSONALLY INSULTING. Typical of Israel demonizers to assume/accuse every U.S. Jew only votes on Israel issues. I think Obama has basically been OK on Israel policy. I know he isn't popular in Israel, but I'm not Israeli. I'm American. Israel policy would only be important to me personally if a candidate was pretty explicitly running on downgrading the relationship with Israel. I consider Rand Paul like that but I wouldn't support him anyway. (I consider him personally very creepy and his ideology "libertarianism" creepy as well.) U.S. Jews vote mostly liberal/democratic when historically republicans have actually been stronger on the Israel relationship so the Israel demonzer attacks on U.S. Jews being more loyal to Israel than the USA are a TOTAL CROCK. If U.S. Jews only voted on Israeli policy instead of about 70 percent of the Jewish vote typically going to democrats (with gays and blacks the strongest liberal democratic base there is) it would be the OTHER WAY AROUND. But it isn't, So please stop pushing the big lie about lack of loyalty to American interests first by U.S. Jews. Of course U.S. Jews that do migrate to Israel, that's different and they would be correct to shift alliances.

Edited by Jingthing

Former speech writer for American presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. He's hardly going to be impartial. He's part of the propaganda machine.

There is a string of low IQ posts regarding this video that never debates what the man says but rather attacks the messenger. It's either the man or the news channel which is attacked, but the posters apparently don't have the intelligence to take on the points he makes.

I can't hear it because I'm at work, but it's Fox News. There's only one message and it's a deranged one.

There is a string of low IQ posts regarding this video that never debates what the man says but rather attacks the messenger. It's either the man or the news channel which is attacked, but the posters apparently don't have the intelligence to take on the points he makes.

Whether one watches Faux Fox Faux TV should not be one's litmus test of IQ because political choices are attitudinal which have little or nothing to do with IQ.

It's decidedly a matter of the medium being the message, so my attitude toward Faux is that it's not for me. Posting here provides me with a range of conservative views and thinking that range from center right to right off the charts, mostly the latter.

So I'd much rather listen to Ferris Bueller for four minutes on the movie screen than to tune in to four seconds of the numbnuts economics teacher on the tv screen with Faux.

His legacy will be long remembered most fondly by President Jimmy Carter, who now is being considered in some quarters as the second worst President in US history.

The worst being the moron Dubbya?

Obama has been a better president than George W. Bush, 39 percent of voters say, while 40 percent say he is worse. Men say 43 - 36 percent that Obama is worse than Bush while women say 42 - 38 percent he is better. Obama is worse, Republicans say 79 - 7 percent and independent voters say 41 - 31 percent. Democrats say 78 - 4 percent that he is better.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2056

It's surprising what you could learn by reading the links provided. Since you seemingly have little knowledge on US politics, let me lend a hand. This will be provided in the original language also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

From the link:

"From June 24 - 30, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,446 registered voters nationwide with a margin of error of +/- 2.6 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones.
The Quinnipiac University Poll, directed by Douglas Schwartz, Ph.D., conducts public opinion surveys in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Ohio, Virginia, Iowa, Colorado and the nation as a public service and for research.
For more information, visit http://www.quinnipiac.edu/polling, call (203) 582-5201, or follow us on Twitter "
  • Like 1

Whether one watches Faux Fox Faux TV should not be one's litmus test of IQ because political choices are attitudinal which have little or nothing to do with IQ.

It's decidedly a matter of the medium being the message, so my attitude toward Faux is that it's not for me. Posting here provides me with a range of conservative views and thinking that range from center right to right off the charts, mostly the latter.

So I'd much rather listen to Ferris Bueller for four minutes on the movie screen than to tune in to four seconds of the numbnuts economics teacher on the tv screen with Faux.

Now two more nonsense posts. NO ONE discusses the points he makes and shoots him down. Apparently he has won the debate because no one will debate him.

YOU my friend, I thought were smarter than this. I still think you are, but you've blown it here.

People post articles from Al Jazeera which I hate, but I still debate the content. If all I did was blast the messenger I'd only prove I was too stupid to take on the facts that were claimed to exist.

Regardless of the source, the "attack the messenger" tactic without addressing the content shows a closed mind and a lack of ability to debate. It also makes the messenger the winner of the debate.

• Like 1

Why do you completely undermine yourself with a clip from the propaganda channel?

That's it, attack the messenger and not the message... Who do you trust? CNN, NYT, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, etc... All puppets for the liberals... Deny that...

Do you disagree with Stein's opinion, if so, why?

Puppets for the liberals or the voice of reason and sanity? I say the latter in general. As for Fox, it's perfectly reasonable to attack the messenger and the message because they are a propaganda tool for bad people, plain and simple. Convince the masses that the other side is responsible for all the problems in their life and they will vote to keep power in the hands of those who are the real cause of their problems: the ultra rich (Koch bros etc), the pseudo-Christians, gun nuts etc etc. Tell them it's all the blacks' fault or that hispanic kids are invading through open borders, or ebola victims are being let in or Benghazi was because of the president not budget cuts etc and people will vote for the bad guys with the scary message. You should be embarrassed and ashamed to fall for their crap, but you suck it all up. It will be the ruin of your country.

Jingthing

You can find me being comical, hysterical, ironic, sarcastic, satirical - this is all from the 'humor' field.

BUT NEVER RACIST! - this is not funny.

Went back to check my comment here 'cause you got me worried.

There is NO racism note in it!

Actually, there were worse USP than him which doesn't make him good...

I like the words play Obama-Ebola. Just like the anagram O-B-A-M-A in another post here. Just like the coined 'obamination'.

Definitely NOT RACIST!

It's surprising what you could learn by reading the links provided. Since you seemingly have little knowledge on US politics, let me lend a hand. This will be provided in the original language also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

From the link:

"From June 24 - 30, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,446 registered voters nationwide with a margin of error of +/- 2.6 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones.
The Quinnipiac University Poll, directed by Douglas Schwartz, Ph.D., conducts public opinion surveys in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Ohio, Virginia, Iowa, Colorado and the nation as a public service and for research.
For more information, visit http://www.quinnipiac.edu/polling, call (203) 582-5201, or follow us on Twitter "

Such eager enthusiasm to present a reputable survey organization and their findings! Some people just bubble over to quote a first rate public opinion scientific survey research group such as Quinnipiac College.

Quinnipiac being a fair and balanced public service polling organization, it also asked the following question of the same voters in the same survey: "Who is the best president of the modern era (since 1945)?" Here's the outcome of this particular question.....

Ranked from best to worst, the poll found these results for the “best president” of modern times:

1. Ronald Reagan 35 percent
  2. Bill Clinton 18 percent
  3. John F. Kennedy 15 percent
  4. Barack Obama 8 percent
  5. Dwight Eisenhower 5 percent
  6. Harry S. Truman 4 percent
  7. Lyndon B. Johnson (tie) 3 percent
  8. George H.W. Bush (tie) 3 percent
  9. Jimmy Carter 2 percent
  10. Richard Nixon (tie) 1 percent
  11. Gerald Ford (tie) 1 percent
  12. George W. Bush (tie) 1 percent

Quinnipiac also asked the same people in the same survey to match up Obama and Bush head to head to compare the two directly, one against the other, with the following results....

• 39 percent say that Barack Obama is better than George W. Bush.
  • 40 percent say that George W. Bush was better than Barack Obama
  • 21 percent apparently thought the question didn’t deserve an answer

So it's good to see some certain people on the extreme off the charts far right recognize and acknowledge the very fine Quinnipiac College public service survey organization for the balanced, reasonable, accomplished professional endeavors that they engage in and provide, even when their scientific findings might not please me entirely or sometimes not too much, but only occasionally so in the latter respect.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1330603/barack-obama-george-w-bush-who-was-the-worst-president-poll/#KOoRe8M5bemgXtb3.99

Edited by Publicus for spacing

Edited by Publicus

Why do you completely undermine yourself with a clip from the propaganda channel?

That's it, attack the messenger and not the message... Who do you trust? CNN, NYT, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, etc... All puppets for the liberals... Deny that...

Do you disagree with Stein's opinion, if so, why?

Puppets for the liberals or the voice of reason and sanity? I say the latter in general. As for Fox, it's perfectly reasonable to attack the messenger and the message because they are a propaganda tool for bad people, plain and simple. Convince the masses that the other side is responsible for all the problems in their life and they will vote to keep power in the hands of those who are the real cause of their problems: the ultra rich (Koch bros etc), the pseudo-Christians, gun nuts etc etc. Tell them it's all the blacks' fault or that hispanic kids are invading through open borders, or ebola victims are being let in or Benghazi was because of the president not budget cuts etc and people will vote for the bad guys with the scary message. You should be embarrassed and ashamed to fall for their crap, but you suck it all up. It will be the ruin of your country.

"It will be the ruin of your country."

With this statement, may we now assume you are NOT an American?

If that is the case, it certainly explains your complete misunderstanding of recent events. You might want to catch up on the last six years and find out what has really happened.

You might find out a few things.

1. The Koch brothers donated $7.789 million to conservative causes and ranked 16th on the list of top donors.

2. A California businessman, Tom Steyer, donated $73.846 million to Democrats and liberal causes and was number 1 on the list of top donors.

3. I don't know anybody that is claiming the problems facing the US are all caused by African Americans. Give us a link where we can find this astonishing claim.

4. Hispanic kids are invading through the unsecured southern border with Mexico. It's been in the news. they are bringing new viruses, but not ebola. That is coming in from Africa.

5. Benghazi wasn't caused by Obama although both he and Hillary Clinton did precious little to stop it after it started or before it began. The cover up of the events of the attack was done by his administration. They are still hiding behind Executive Privilege. Budget cuts had nothing to do with it.

This President's legacy will be ruined by the falsehoods and evasive tactics seen at every corner of the federal government during his reign.

They have broken too many eggs while making their omelets.

Edit out the video.

Edited by chuckd
  • Like 2

IMO Obama's time in the White House will be looked upon as a failure mainly because he couldn't deal with the GOP in Congress. I lay a lot of that blame on his own party's congressional leadership -- Reed is too much of a wuss and Pelosi is as corrupt as any Republican. But history remembers presidents, not senators and representatives.

In 2012 I thought it didn't matter who wins, as the GOP will call the shots regardless.

Nothing personal against Obama, I just think he is in the wrong job. He would have made a great Supreme Court justice.

Now two more nonsense posts. NO ONE discusses the points he makes and shoots him down. Apparently he has won the debate because no one will debate him.

YOU my friend, I thought were smarter than this. I still think you are, but you've blown it here.

People post articles from Al Jazeera which I hate, but I still debate the content. If all I did was blast the messenger I'd only prove I was too stupid to take on the facts that were claimed to exist.

Regardless of the source, the "attack the messenger" tactic without addressing the content shows a closed mind and a lack of ability to debate. It also makes the messenger the winner of the debate.

Ben Stein in the video of his interview by Faux TV used the word "nonsense" so many times that I'd begun to notice it because it did catch my attention. It in fact became distracting and overused to the point I almost missed his calling Prez Obama racist.

I reiterate that Fox itself is the message and that one either spends his time watching Fox or economically apportions his time by doing other things, according to political opinions, attitudes, cultural persuasions.

Reagan was anyway a better and far more successful actor than Stien. wink.png

Ben Stein in the video of his interview by Faux TV used the word "nonsense" so many times that I'd begun to notice it because it did catch my attention. It in fact became distracting and overused to the point I almost missed his calling Prez Obama racist.

I reiterate that Fox itself is the message and that one either spends his time watching Fox or economically apportions his time by doing other things, according to political opinions, attitudes, cultural persuasions.

Reagan was anyway a better and far more successful actor than Stien. wink.png

You still don't refute the points the man made. You are still shooting the messenger.

Go sit in a corner, facing the wall 555.

• Like 1