Arsenal seized in raid on Phuket ‘drug room’

webfact

Arsenal seized in raid on Phuket ‘drug room’
Darawan Naknakhon

1415160416_6315-org.jpg
Col Arayapan (red shirt) with arresting officers and the seized items.

PHUKET: Kathu police last night arrested four men for possession of an arsenal of illegal weapons in Patong.

Acting on information from an undercover officer that a room in Miengnen Rd in Patong appeared to be used for drug sales and use, police swooped last night at 9pm

Police arrived to find the room unlocked and, inside, the four suspects smoking hash. Officers searched the room and the suspects.

The search revealed more than hashish.

It included a .38-calibre homemade pistol, a .38 homemade zip gun, a .22 calibre revolver, one .45 bullet, eight .38 bullets, two holsters, a sharpened table knife, a kitchen knife with scabbard, and a homemade axe. They also seized a large bamboo bong.

The four men, Apisit Maimard, 25, Eakkachai Toe’yo, 28, and Anun Wanjo, 26, all from Nakorn Sri Thammarat, and Damree Mama 24 from Pattani, were arrested on illegal weapons charges and possession of a Category 5 drug.

During the night officers arrested seven more people, all teenagers, found using methamphetamines. They were charged with possession.

Col Arayapan Pukbuakhao, Deputy Commissioner of Phuket Police, said after the arrests, “Between November 1 and 7 more than 50 officers from Kathu Police Department and officials from Kathu District, led by District Officer Sayan Chanachaiyawong, are cooperating to eradicate drugs and crime and keep the streets safe for residents and tourists,” Col Arayapan added.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/arsenal-seized-in-raid-on-phuket-‘drug-room’-49494.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-11-05

More guns and drugs removed from the street.

Another good job by RTP.

Ofcourse, the naysayers will have many complaints.

What they want, when they want it and on their terms. We've always known this. Not claiming there aren't similarities elsewhere in the world though....

I would hardly call what is depicted in the photo an "arsenal".

But it is good the weapons are off the streets...hopefully.

Below is an average arsenal of a small time dope dealer,

anywhere in the western world. There is a difference...

post-146250-0-67451700-1415181573_thumb.

attachicon.gifhome arsenals.jpg

No it's not. No dealers in Western Europe have stuff like that at all.

No it's not. No dealers in Western Europe have stuff like that at all.

Especially Bamboo Bongs!

"It included a .38-calibre homemade pistol, a .38 homemade zip gun, a .22 calibre revolver, one .45 bullet, eight .38 bullets, two holsters, a sharpened table knife, a kitchen knife with scabbard, and a homemade axe. They also seized a large bamboo bong."

My carrots will sleep well tonight.

• Like 2

hmmm. Have known a number of small time "dope" dealers in my past whilst DJing. Nothing like this in their homes. They all had knifes....for cutting bread. As an aside I met a few big time "dope" dealers too from time to time (friends of friends...yep, dealers have social lives too). I really did not ever see this kind of weaponry (none at all actually, they might have had some access but there was no sign of it). Maybe in the States....but you said "anywhere in the western world".

Too much "Boyz n the Hood" and "New Jack City". Read Mr Nice - Howard Marks and gain some perspective.

I would hardly call that an arsenal, couple of home made guns one .45 and eight .38 bullets and a kitchen knife, I have carried more than that to the range for a couple of hours of practice. A bit over the top reporting I think

Edited by pitchag
  • Like 1

hmmm. Have known a number of small time "dope" dealers in my past whilst DJing. Nothing like this in their homes. They all had knifes....for cutting bread. As an aside I met a few big time "dope" dealers too from time to time (friends of friends...yep, dealers have social lives too). I really did not ever see this kind of weaponry (none at all actually, they might have had some access but there was no sign of it). Maybe in the States....but you said "anywhere in the western world".

Too much "Boyz n the Hood" and "New Jack City". Read Mr Nice - Howard Marks and gain some perspective.

No...not too much Boyz n The Hood & New Jack City dratvader...just from experience. Your time

knowing small time dealers & a few big time dealers has or had nothing in common with the likes

of the cretins detailed below in a web link I'm posting. The dealers in the link will and can easily

eat the people you knew (or still know) as a snack before breakfast & flush em down the loo before

lunch. The pic I posted was from a small time dealer in Southern Californa...small spuds in the

drug game...but well armed nonetheless. The others...in the link...are a completely different ball

game altogether...and ruthless. Plus...their associates are also in LOS....bear that in mind...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1084085/Pictured-Massive-collection-weapons-seized-drug-cartel-Mexicos-largest-gun-haul.html

post-146250-0-23577400-1415285497_thumb.

post-146250-0-15338800-1415285511_thumb.

That's an arsenal.

Edited by sunshine51

No...not too much Boyz n The Hood & New Jack City dratvader...just from experience. Your time

knowing small time dealers & a few big time dealers has or had nothing in common with the likes

of the cretins detailed below in a web link I'm posting. The dealers in the link will and can easily

eat the people you knew (or still know) as a snack before breakfast & flush em down the loo before

lunch. The pic I posted was from a small time dealer in Southern Californa...small spuds in the

drug game...but well armed nonetheless. The others...in the link...are a completely different ball

game altogether...and ruthless. Plus...their associates are also in LOS....bear that in mind...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1084085/Pictured-Massive-collection-weapons-seized-drug-cartel-Mexicos-largest-gun-haul.html

attachicon.gifarticle-0-026641FA000005DC-286_468x286.jpg

attachicon.gifarticle-0-02664152000005DC-541_468x286.jpg

That's an arsenal.

Right. Why didn't you say "USA" instead of "Western World"?

^^^ Because...as I also listed Mexico but left out Central & South America, Africa (major cocaine/heroin transport hub these days for Europe),

Spain, Italy, Russia and others...I wasn't just in reference to the USA...hence the Western World. Meaning anything West of the

Bosphorus. The USA isn't the only country where weapons (firearms) are in abundance. The pic I originally posted was close at

hand. Capiche?

Edited by sunshine51

I would hardly call that an arsenal, couple of home made guns one .45 and eight .38 bullets and a kitchen knife, I have carried more than that to the range for a couple of hours of practice. A bit over the top reporting I think

Ah, and here we have a classic example of why alot of guys are motivated to become obsessed with guns...male insecurity.

In this example, its the "Mine is Bigger than his" theme.

;-)

When I saw Arsenal and the pictures of the weapons, I thought this was about what was stopped at the gates of the Emirates Stadium last Tuesday when they were playing Anderlecht.

Guess I was wrong......................sad.png