90 day reporting by mail to the Khorat province?

bikerlou47

i do my 90day and extensions at korat immigration always in person,your best bet is to ask them yourself,as my wife was told 4yrs.ago it was ok.for her to pick up my extension [marriage] stamp and passport as i am a bad traveller yet when she got there they told her not again.i believe if you get a doctors letter to say you have problems travelling then they will except reporting by mail but this is only what i was told.everywhere has different rules,but we are lucky its only 25minutes away.

Korat Immigration will not let you do 90 days by mail. Their reasoning is that anyone can do your 90 day as you do not have to go in person. I am not saying there reasoning is correct.

Apparently not always. Couple weeks ago, an American friend tried to have his Swiss neighbor do the 90 day report for him. The Swiss guy was in for his yearly extension. Korat immigration wouldn't do it and said now must be done in person. So then American friend went a couple days later and asked why. I should say his wife asked why, and the officer gave her a bunch of "lip" and said something to the effect, because that is the Korat rules and they need/want to see the person "in person". Not willing to listen to any argument. For whatever reason, Korat immigration is getting more and more "nit picking".

Korat Immigration will not let you do 90 days by mail. Their reasoning is that anyone can do your 90 day as you do not have to go in person. I am not saying there reasoning is correct.

Apparently not always. Couple weeks ago, an American friend tried to have his Swiss neighbor do the 90 day report for him. The Swiss guy was in for his yearly extension. Korat immigration wouldn't do it and said now must be done in person. So then American friend went a couple days later and asked why. I should say his wife asked why, and the officer gave her a bunch of "lip" and said something to the effect, because that is the Korat rules and they need/want to see the person "in person". Not willing to listen to any argument. For whatever reason, Korat immigration is getting more and more "nit picking".
It seems Thai Immigration bends their rules to fit their needs. Last year I was sick and missed my 90 days reporting date by a week. I had a letter from my doctor and my hospital bill to prove I was sick. The immigration guy told me being sick is not an excuse for being late as someone else could have come in for me and charged me a 2000 baht late fee.......go figure.

It seems Thai Immigration bends their rules to fit their needs. Last year I was sick and missed my 90 days reporting date by a week. I had a letter from my doctor and my hospital bill to prove I was sick. The immigration guy told me being sick is not an excuse for being late as someone else could have come in for me and charged me a 2000 baht late fee.......go figure.

Kind of sad, isn't it. I personally have never had any problem/issue at Korat Immigration. But now, with the recent issues being reported, I'm starting to wonder "what's happened".