Phuket teacher held for sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl

webfact

Phuket teacher held for sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl
Darawan Naknakhon

1415167854_1-org.jpg
The teacher is trotted out in front of the press.

PHUKET: -- A teacher was arrested yesterday (November 4) for the alleged rape of a 12-year-old girl student at a Phuket school in August. He denies assaulting the child.

The parents of the girl told police that their child was raped around 4pm on August 6 while waiting for her ride home in the computer room on the third floor of the school. They said the teacher then drove the girl home.

There was a considerable delay before the Phuket Court issue an arrest warrant on October 13 for the 29-year-old teacher from Phang Nga.

Yesterday the warrant was finally acted on and the teacher was arrested on a charge of raping someone under 13 years of age who is not his wife, whether or not the victim was willing.

Two versions of the story have emerged. The parents say they were suspicious and questioned the child. After she told them what happened in the computer lab, they then took her straight to the police station.

But the teacher, who is a former Thai Judo Team member and teaches physical education at the school, denies rape. He told police that he had found the victim passed out in the computer class, and helped her by massaging her arms – nothing more.

“I dropped her off at her house and told her mother that she was sick and that I had given her a massage to help her recover,” the teacher told police. “But her mother then demanded B150,000 – which I paid, because I didn’t want to lose my job.

“After that the father of the girl came to the school and threatened to report me if I did not give him another B100,000. I refused to give it to him so the parents decided to file a report with police, accusing me of rape.”

Lt Col Suttichai Tienphoe, chief investigator of Kathu Police, said, “We have hard evidence against him, regardless of his denial. He will remain in custody.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-teacher-held-for-rape-of-girl-12-49497.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-11-05

Awful story.

I certainly hope the parents didn't demand money as compensation instead of going to the police right away.

In our village, there is a 14 year old girl who goes around sleeping with adults, and then the next day her father has somehow found out about it and demands 30k from the guilty man. This has been going on for 2 years now. Absolutely disgusting.

The thai parents are probably more interested in the money than just filing a report to the police . That their daughter was raped doesnt matter , it just means money for them .

Disgusting but TIT:

Awful story.

I certainly hope the parents didn't demand money as compensation instead of going to the police right away.

<snip>

I can see why you chose your moniker.

Why else do you think the parents demanded the money?

Edit:

Actually, 'compensation' is the wrong word. It was 'blackmail'.

Edited by JetsetBkk

I'm really sorry for the little girl and the repercussions that this horrible crime can have in her future life.

Also feel disgusted about the teacher and what he's done.

But I feel angry and nauseated about the parents.

Nothing to do with their daughters rape, but only for the money.

If he had paid the 100K everything would have been OK.

What animals are they, do they live in the same world we live in?

Or is it just Thai mentality?

Another absolutely stupid statement... And you have made a few....

FACT is the bloke hasn't been to court yet. I may be wrong but I think you claim to be x police....

Maybe you might have heard of the concept " innocent till proven guilty" .....or are you the "just fit em up " type

• Like 1

Wonder what the real story is. What time did the mom show up at the police station? How many days before the father came to shake down the teacher for more money. Did the parents really wait until after the extra 100,000 baht payment was refused to file a report ? The initial 150,000 baht is a lot of money for a teacher to have laying around, he should be able to prove this money was paid.

I'm really sorry for the little girl and the repercussions that this horrible crime can have in her future life.

Why do you readily believe the teacher's story about the parents demanding money?

He says he paid ThB 150k. Do you think teachers normally have that sort of money in their back pocket? Hopefully police will check his financial transactions.

Why didn't he alert a female member of staff?

Maybe, just maybe, he actually raped the girl and is lying through his teeth to try and get off. Like many rapists would do. That is for the courts to decide, after the police have checked all the facts.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

FACT is the bloke hasn't been to court yet. I may be wrong but I think you claim to be x police....

Maybe you might have heard of the concept " innocent till proven guilty" .....or are you the "just fit em up " type

So you are buying his story that he found the girl alone and unconscious for some reason, just to help her out he decided that she needed her arms massaging. When she woke up he drove her home and told her parents she wasn't well so he had massaged her. They demanded 150k baht from him for what they knew he had really done to their daughter and he admittedly paid them.

His story sounds perfectly legit and plausible to you does it? Sounds to me like the typical child molester excuses and lies.

If the story had been that he did not pay them the 150k then I would hold some doubt about his guilt and consider maybe he was just a good guy who was being blackmailed, but his version of events and the fact he paid the parents a vast sum of money tells me that he was up to no good with this little girl.

Edited by KunMatt

......and the reason for hiding his identity is..........???

...the judo team.......is that all it takes.....???

....passed out from what.....???

...massaging the arms.....???

....that's a new one.....???

...paid because.....???

...sickening.......

Well, it's pretty simple, take the girl to a hospital and see if she's got injuries in her vaginal area that are consistent with rape and you've got your proof! I'm wondering why the parents didn't take her straight to a hospital and then to the police station with a statement from the hospital proving she was raped. And what's with the demand for money? Sounds fishy to me!

• Like 1

Awful story.

<snip>

I can see why you chose your moniker.

Why else do you think the parents demanded the money?

Edit:

Actually, 'compensation' is the wrong word. It was 'blackmail'.

This is only "blackmail" when there was no raping.

Awful story.

In our village, there is a 14 year old girl who goes around sleeping with adults, and then the next day her father has somehow found out about it and demands 30k from the guilty man. This has been going on for 2 years now. Absolutely disgusting.

If you now this as fact why don't you do something about it?? Evil will thrive if good men do nothing.

Awful story.

If you now this as fact why don't you do something about it?? Evil will thrive if good men do nothing.

Because it's not actually a crime if the girl is 13+ and the parents consent (or at least don't make a complaint).

The worst that could happen would be the couple were forced to get married, to make it all perfectly legal.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It's Thainess, that's why we don't understand it. The closest translation I can think of is "Anything for a buck".

• Like 1

So you are buying his story that he found the girl alone and unconscious for some reason, just to help her out he decided that she needed her arms massaging. When she woke up he drove her home and told her parents she wasn't well so he had massaged her. They demanded 150k baht from him for what they knew he had really done to their daughter and he admittedly paid them.

His story sounds perfectly legit and plausible to you does it? Sounds to me like the typical child molester excuses and lies.

If the story had been that he did not pay them the 150k then I would hold some doubt about his guilt and consider maybe he was just a good guy who was being blackmailed, but his version of events and the fact he paid the parents a vast sum of money tells me that he was up to no good with this little girl.

This is just so Thai visa. All the legal armchair experts become lawyer judge and executioner all in one day.

Another member proving that there are many nutters here

This is just so Thai visa. All the legal armchair experts become lawyer judge and executioner all in one day.

Another member proving that there are many nutters here

You believe the lies of a child rapist, so who is the nutter?

I have read too many stories like this which is a mere money making scheme by Thai parents of a girl. For the girls sake, I hope she has not been sexually assaulted.

My BS alarm goes off unless there are more details.

Question:

You have to ask if a rape did occur and if DNA matches to that of the teacher's DNA? Did police take the girl to a local hospital; which in Thailand the medical staff could also be part of a scam.

Did the mother get $150K THB from the teacher as "hush" money and if so have police arrested her for extortion? And, did her father ask for another $100K THB?