Phuket teacher held for sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl

webfact

The moderators on this site should really step in. And a decision should be made to stop this ridiculous and idle speculation on matters that are being dealt with by police ahead of court cases. Anyone with half a brain could imagine any number of possible scenarios in this case. What good does it do to air any amateur or even well founded theories? As a journalist brought up in the UK I was well aware about the need to shut up when the police had made an arrest. I would have been locked up myself for speculating in public on such matters. TVF should take a lead and remove any comments and speculation on cases where arrests have ben made, whether it is legal to do so in the jurisdiction or not. Failing to do so makes a mockery of the credibility of this site.

I agree with you in principle Carter.

However in a country where the police parade "alleged" rapists and then release "details" to the media before any trial or hearing can only lead to speculation and innuendo.

I will not engage in any here to support your point, but I think it is nigh impossible to stop considering the way things are done in LoS.

• Like 1

Ignoring the obvious, just how 'hard' is evidence of a crime that seemingly had no witness, other than the girl. That's not evidence, it's one word against another. Of course, I suppose there might be DNA, but the police are already under fire over their Koh Tao DNA evidence.

I'm really sorry for the little girl and the repercussions that this horrible crime can have in her future life.

Also feel disgusted about the teacher and what he's done.

But I feel angry and nauseated about the parents.

Nothing to do with their daughters rape, but only for the money.

If he had paid the 100K everything would have been OK.

What animals are they, do they live in the same world we live in?

Or is it just Thai mentality?

This is typical of Thai parents. They only think MONEY no matter what has happened.

I have read some of the comments of this incident, and one thing that strikes me is

most of the commenters are Farangs, from various countries, no doubt.

You should all be aware this is Thailand. I have seen and heard of many young girls

that get raped during their teens. It has happened within my Thai family, and some friends

that I knew in the past. I am not sure of the teachers story, but that is for the authorities

to sort out. I also know of many Thai women who get abused by their bosses when they ask

for a raise in their wages. I am afraid that this practise is still on going in some cases.

As I said earlier, this happened in Thailand, as it could have happened in most countries ,

I know it has happened in my country of Canada, to some of my teen relatives my cousin, my sister, and a friends daughter.

This is a sad story, no matter what the actual truth may be.

Stargrazer

I'm really sorry for the little girl and the repercussions that this horrible crime can have in her future life.

Is there any possibility of innocence here before everyone on this form crucifies this guy as guilty already??? Could this truly be as he says??? Could this be the parents totally concocted story??? Note the story by a following post about the girl 14 years who was part of a scam like this for 2 years running. Open minds here people to these possibilities unless you are all from countries practicing Napoleonic law. Guilty prove your own innocence at your own expense. France comes to mind.

Edited by poweratradio

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wonder what the real story is. What time did the mom show up at the police station? How many days before the father came to shake down the teacher for more money. Did the parents really wait until after the extra 100,000 baht payment was refused to file a report ? The initial 150,000 baht is a lot of money for a teacher to have laying around, he should be able to prove this money was paid.

I would imagine a combination of both:

He did rape her.

She told her parents. They made a buck. (didn't take her to police right away like they claim)

A few months passed, they thought they could make more. But they couldn't cos he didn't have more, or he though he was off already.

They went to police and arrest warrent was issued and acted on

Awful story.

I certainly hope the parents didn't demand money as compensation instead of going to the police right away.

In our village, there is a 14 year old girl who goes around sleeping with adults, and then the next day her father has somehow found out about it and demands 30k from the guilty man. This has been going on for 2 years now. Absolutely disgusting.

If you now this as fact why don't you do something about it?? Evil will thrive if good men do nothing.

Well, like another poster mentioned, the law is different with different ages and parents' consent (unfortunately).

Second, i garauntee, you wouldn't do anything either. You are just talking.

Or please explain exactly what you would do (without being lynched or set up).

I would of point blank shot him between his eyes if it were my daughter!.....Take that to the bank!

...... And what then if it was proved afterwards that he was innocent ??

Bet you would feel silly rotting away in a jail cell....... :rolleyes:

Awful story.

I certainly hope the parents didn't demand money as compensation instead of going to the police right away.

In our village, there is a 14 year old girl who goes around sleeping with adults, and then the next day her father has somehow found out about it and demands 30k from the guilty man. This has been going on for 2 years now. Absolutely disgusting.

She's quite a good earner isn't she? 10 years ago I would be shocked at this story but now it's just a "TIT" moment.

"...arrested on a charge of raping someone under 13 years of age who is not his wife.." blink.png

wai2.gif wai.gif

Makes you think if the law makers were sane when this one was passed whistling.gif

That makes you wonder if some posters are sane when they attempt to ridicule a perfectly reasonable law.

Why do you readily believe the teacher's story about the parents demanding money?

He says he paid ThB 150k. Do you think teachers normally have that sort of money in their back pocket? Hopefully police will check his financial transactions.

Why didn't he alert a female member of staff?

Maybe, just maybe, he actually raped the girl and is lying through his teeth to try and get off. Like many rapists would do. That is for the courts to decide, after the police have checked all the facts.

Nowhere does it say he had that money in his back pocket. It's not unreasonable to assume that someone working long term in a profession would be able to save a little money.

This is typical of Thai parents. They only think MONEY no matter what has happened.

And this generalisation is typical of so many ignorant ThaiVisa posters who don't think at all.

Firstly, sad to hear about the alleged offence. But it does raise some questions.

Reported as sexual assault - then rape? I would think if rape is alleged then a suitably qualified medical practitioner could give a statement on that, after examining the victim?

How about a DNA sample from the teacher?

Parent/s asking for money? If that is true the child certainly does not need to have them as parents! Or is this a symptomatic problem with some Thais?

Picture show the alleged perpetrator with face "blanked" out - I have a feeling if it was a farang then full face picture would be shown? I would like to think that I may be mistaken.

But I do hope that the victim receives support to get her through this ordeal.