Phuket airport immigration deny ‘B100 fast track through Ebola line’

Lite Beer

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am almost positive that if DNA sequencing were done on Thai's, there would be a genome for being corrupt. It inherently appears to be part of the Thai strain and cannot be extracted no matter the repercussionsrolleyes.gif

Add the lying gene to that also as lying seems to be second nature to them.

I find this very easy to solve...check CCTV.

As a Farang married to a Thai, I always queue up in the Thai line and never have a problem. Now to be honest, if I arrived at Heathrow and they offered me the chance to pay 2 quid to be processed through FastTrack, I'd take it in a heartbeat. I hate the queue's at Heathrow!

if ain't on video it doesn't not exist alt=laugh.png>

"...the Ebola line."?? alt=shock1.gif>

Is there no end to the depths that these corrupt parasites will wallow in? wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

Absolutely soulless...

The boss says it doesn't happen. So I guess all the other people who have witnessed this are lying. I'm the boss! What I say is always right! If not, you could be looking at criminal defamation.

How can there not be any CCTV at the Airport ??? !!!

Edited by easybullet3

I think "scam" is the wrong term to be using regarding what's going on at Phuket Airport Immigration. It's more appropriate to consider it a solicited bribe.

Bribe: "money or any other valuable consideration given or promised with a view to corrupting the behavior of a person, especially in that person's performance as an athlete, public official, etc".

Bribe is the appropriate term since Immigration leadership continually states that there is no such fast-tracking offered, and therefore paying for something that isn't offered or permitted would amount to corrupting the behavior of the person accepting money to provide such service.

I agree that many tourists who gladly pay the 100 baht probably think that this is a legitimate service and don't realize that it amounts to a bribe. True, fast-tracking is offered in other countries, but as an official policy with defined fees and accounting. In other words, an authorized service.

For others that gladly pay for fast-tracking, you do realize, don't you, that the money collected most likely goes directly into the pockets of the Immigration officers working that shift. If you believe otherwise, just ask for a receipt the next time you pay your 100 baht.

"...the Ebola line."?? alt=shock1.gif>

Is there no end to the depths that these corrupt parasites will wallow in? wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

Absolutely soulless...

The boss says it doesn't happen. So I guess all the other people who have witnessed this are lying. I'm the boss! What I say is always right! If not, you could be looking at criminal defamation.

That would put an end to this nice earner. No cameras in arrival or departure hall that I've seen, besides the cameras that take your personal photo at the immigration counter.

That would put an end to this nice earner. No cameras in arrival or departure hall that I've seen, besides the cameras that take your personal photo at the immigration counter.

Amazing! i thought that Airports were Mega Security Zones.

i assumed that CCTV was everywhere in Airports.

before ebola, there was no special line with long waiting times (and officers would not have had this scam),, so they had nothing to hide before. so I wonder why there was no pre-existing CCTV

This is the second time they have been caught and the second time they have denied it.

As immigration are the first thing people see in Thailand and what they see is corruption, then the claim that Thailand values its reputation is also a lie.

I whole heartedly agree...first impressions generally 'tell the story'..just maybe these are the first cracks showing up in the army generals supposedly iron grip on weeding out corruption!Or are the immigration hierarchy a law unto themselves?

I've worked for 8 years as a TPV at the airport, helping inbound and outbound tourists - never been allowed to go 'airside' or into the immigration area.

Wonder why....

Its not only in Phuket this corruption........in Pattaya immigration they are asking money all the time for normally free services ! When I asked a receipt they said....can not.

So I told them, if I have to pay I want a receipt...........they just put the paper in my hands and warned me not to come back next time............but I did because I need this paper every month......just went to another desk.......... (and even a farang volunteer was involved)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am almost positive that if DNA sequencing were done on Thai's, there would be a genome for being corrupt. It inherently appears to be part of the Thai strain and cannot be extracted no matter the repercussions alt=rolleyes.gif>

There is. It's called the simpleton gene i believe.

On Thruday at 9pm the scam was clearly in action. Friends of mine told me they were told by immigration officials about the fast track 100 THB.

These guys can lie all they want and claim its not happening.

1 person - nothing 2 people - coincidence - 3 its happening

Mr Whoever you are, by paying them the 100Baht, you are an accomplice to corruption as they are.

And by grassing them to the newspaper did nothing to improve your wrongdoings.

I can understand why he may have done it but you are correct in that he's encouraging it. I believe he's also breaking UK laws as well.

Mr Whoever you are, by paying them the 100Baht, you are an accomplice to corruption as they are.

o please with the cooruption it is what makes this country work I would pay the 100 in a heart beat not to stand in a line over an hour, I bet you would too.

So if everybody took the same "line" (excuse the pun!), the "100 baht" queue would be the longest queue!

o please with the cooruption it is what makes this country work I would pay the 100 in a heart beat not to stand in a line over an hour, I bet you would too.

So if everybody took the same "line" (excuse the pun!), the "100 baht" queue would be the longest queue!

Well, one could argue, that most people are against corruption, I'd suppose :)

I wonder why this is an issue, because there is already a fast track for VIP's, who pay it in their airline fees (or Elite Card). Just make the practise official and be done with it whistling.gifwai.gif

I came through Sat at 18.20hrs, Etihad flight from AUD, looked like 2 other flights already in Immigration hall, all ques were full, seemed about 7 or 8 lanes manned, then behind a blue screen to the right the first three lanes as you come into the hall from escalator from gate were 'Express' did not see anything about ebola line, just some sign harping on about certain african countries, No camera's or Vids or taking of any pictures (Phone footage) are allowed in this area, a big sign states so. Anyway as said earlier after after 15hrs of being on 2 aircraft UK - AUD - HKT, 10 mins stood hardly moving, thought balls to this lot, I paid 100 bhat and went through in a blink of the eye. Costa's you live in LOS and really think you don't contribute to any corruption...? Your a funny guy cheesy.gif

It is a bit embarrassing for the Thais though, lots of people who have never been here before and this is their first impression of LOS, but then the Thai's don't give a Rats ar$e about what farang think, as long as they give Bhat!

• Like 1

Since when have there been flights from West Africa to Phuket?

Even with indirect flights that particular lane would probably cater for two passengers a week!

That is not the point ,wake up ! It was designed simply to scam money, I have been scammed several times by the immigration people and I am here with all the requirements in order, when they demand money and I say receipt they simply laugh at me , big joke, some simple typist says its a service not visa.

Life in LOS.

Well, one could argue, that most people are against corruption, I'd suppose :)

I wonder why this is an issue, because there is already a fast track for VIP's, who pay it in their airline fees (or Elite Card). Just make the practise official and be done with it whistling.gifwai.gif

If the practice was official the money would not go to these bastards.