300 policemen dispatched to keep security for full moon party on Koh Pha Ngan

webfact

300 policemen dispatched to keep security for full moon party on Koh Pha Ngan

BANGKOK: -- Surat Thani Govenor Chatpog Chatphum joined the Surat Thani police head office to dispatch over 300 policemen to keep security on Koh Pha Ngan Thursday morning.

Chatpong said about 20,000 foreign tourists are expected to join the Full Moon Party and Loy Krathong Night on the island, which could generate some Bt100 million worth of spending there.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/300-policemen-dispatched-to-keep-security-for-full-30247107.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-06

Lets think this through....

1) There is a debate right now, kind of global, about the legitimacy of the RTP. On the popular side we have the "they're shady little feckers, aren't they!" group and the other "minority" bench we have the "we believe them" group.

2) Most, if not all of, the people who will attend the FMP will sit on the popular side.

3) I KNOW....let's treble their presence.

About 2 weeks ago I posted about my experiences as a DJ and attendee at many of England's finer illegal raves that these parties owe a lot to.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/771385-full-moon-party-only-at-haad-rin/#entry8584973

It proved very popular. I was actually contacted by other posters to ask me who I was, etc. The answer is "not famous" just loving it. I did help out to organise a few, nothing big, just supporting the DJs (including myself), setting up the rigs, etc. The police learned how to police these events. They weren't visible but we all knew they were nearby. It worked. This won't. I would love to hear about an independent head-count on this one.

If the drop in tourists is anything to go by it'll be the lowest attended FMP in years. I can also so a lot more low attendances at those parties and plenty of options for reduced priced accommodation throughout the next year. Thats aside of the two weeks over christmas/new year ofcourse, as tourists flock to the cheaper and up and coming options of the Philippines, Vietnam and Cambodia.

Come on people - the BIB's are slated if they do nothing and slated if they do something.facepalm.gif

However, being in Bangrak (Koh Samui) tonight - it was busier than normal for low season at a FMP. (And don't tell me that loads of tourists fly over especially for Loy Kratong!)wai.gif

300 BIBs at 1,000 baht each on the speedboat - golden. Someone is doing well.whistling.gif

Come on people - the BIB's are slated if they do nothing and slated if they do something.facepalm.gif

However, being in Bangrak (Koh Samui) tonight - it was busier than normal for low season at a FMP. (And don't tell me that loads of tourists fly over especially for Loy Kratong!)wai.gif

300 BIBs at 1,000 baht each on the speedboat - golden. Someone is doing well.whistling.gif

I observed the opposite yesterday evening in Bangrak. Although it was busy on the road, obviously due to the people going to float their Kratongs, the actual piers where the speed boats depart to Phanghan where all but deserted.

The opposite for me regards FMP attendances. Thats the quietest i've seen it in over ten years.